Cortana's life span

So I was reading an article on IGN and it was talking vaguely about how chief and Cortana will change in H4. Don’t know how many people already know about this, but Cortana along with all other AI have an 7 year life span before entering a state of rampancy. Apparently Cortana was almost at the end of this life span at the end of H3. So perhaps this is a good clue to the conflicts ahead.

The ending of Origins II in Legends also gave a few hints that she could be entering rampancy.

Should she go rampant in the new trilogy, that could make for a very, very interesting development for her character.

> The ending of Origins II in Legends also gave a few hints that she could be entering rampancy.
>
> Should she go rampant in the new trilogy, that could make for a very, very interesting development for her character.

Yep. So far I know this and that chief might be experiencing failure. Maybe the 2 are connected.

got this idea of some other guy in these fourms

you should understand that 343 Guilty Spark has been guarding the Ark for quite a long time, and he ONLY lately has hit rampancy, so John will probably find some forerunner tech that can expand her life…

again, not my words