Cortana's chip in Halo 5 trailer?

I don’t think it was Cortana’s chip master chief had with him in the Halo 5 trailer. On the last mission of Halo 4 (Midnight), her chip was destroyed by some promethean gun when she was in a terminal. So maybe, it’s a new AI? Leave your thoughts about what you think about this.

Nope, it’s Cortana’s chip and now either Master Chief has got some real big emotional baggage or he is trying to resurrect the lovely A.I. lady

But don’t you remember in Halo 4 when she was in the terminal, and it gets destroyed? How did he get the chip if it got destroyed? Im thinking it’s a new AI.

The chip is chained like a dog tag and soldiers carry dog tags of fallen comrades. So it points to Cortana. Also a chip carrying a active AI shows a charge and the one the Master Chief is holding is inert.

You know that the AI can go from one chip to another right? He may possibly be just carrying any AI chip in the hopes that one day it might be refilled.

Well now i thought of it that way, i think the campaign will be about the flood and bringing cortana back.

As I understand it, that trailer was in no way ‘canonical’. In that, it was merely a reflection of what 343 wants the next Halo game to be like.

So Cortana’s chip being there was merely to represent that John still is attached to her.

> As I understand it, that trailer was in no way ‘canonical’. In that, it was merely a reflection of what 343 wants the next Halo game to be like.
>
> So Cortana’s chip being there was merely to represent that John still is attached to her.

This.

Trailers really aren’t canon, never have been.

I think it was just symbolic to show Master Chief’s grief for Cortana, as trailers are almost never canon.

The trailer might not be canon, but Cortana’s chip may show up in game. It looks like something that would make it in game.

Read for a possible explaination.

When the Chief plugs Cortana into the last terminal he is not looking down far enough to see whether he leaves the chip inside or removes it immediately. Because there is no clear answer it can be inferred that he removed it immediately because he has it later.

Before the USB port dematerializes the player switch perspective to show the didact doing stuff with the beam. Its possible he pulled it out during then.

Of course, he did also scream cortana :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, its not like Cortana’s chip didn’t pull teleportation acts while in the didact’s ship, or even back on requiem.

> I don’t think it was Cortana’s chip master chief had with him in the Halo 5 trailer. On the last mission of Halo 4 (Midnight), her chip was destroyed by some promethean gun when she was in a terminal. So maybe, it’s a new AI? Leave your thoughts about what you think about this.

Teaser trailer, that’s all I have to say.

I think the chip, like the robe, is symbolic and non-canonical.
I just really don’t see Master Chief walking around with a cloak in-game.

The halo reach deliver hope trailer was canon kats arm wrecked just like in the game Noble 6, Tom died, wasnt in the game i think it was canon.

We can debate whether the trailer is canon or not, but I seriously doubt the pedestals found on requiem and in didact’s ship have slots specifically made for UNSC AI data chips. It’s entirely possible that the chip only makes temporary contact with the pedestals, like with the control panel of installation 04 II at the end of halo 3.

> > As I understand it, that trailer was in no way ‘canonical’. In that, it was merely a reflection of what 343 wants the next Halo game to be like.
> >
> > So Cortana’s chip being there was merely to represent that John still is attached to her.
>
> This.
>
>
> Trailers really aren’t canon, never have been.

This.

Remember the super-short Halo 4 announce trailer where we hear John’s heartbeat, and see Master Chief with the jetpack and Sticky Detonator on the Forward Unto Dawn? That trailer was not canon either, it was overwritten by the first campaign mission in Halo 4.

The Halo 4 gameplay we saw at E3 also had events that were heavily altered in the final build of the game such as Chief using the Light Rifle before “Infinity” level.

> We can debate whether the trailer is canon or not, but I seriously doubt the pedestals found on requiem and in didact’s ship have slots specifically made for UNSC AI data chips. It’s entirely possible that the chip only makes temporary contact with the pedestals, like with the control panel of installation 04 II at the end of halo 3.

Nonetheless, we see Chief inserting Cortana’s dataship into many slots on Requiem.

In “Midnight”, the final level of the game, we see the pedestal Cortana’s chip was in get destroyed (disintegrated). It is possible that the chip could have survived the destruction of the pedestal (which is very unlikely), but even then, we never see Chief pick it up.

> The halo reach deliver hope trailer was canon kats arm wrecked just like in the game Noble 6, Tom died, wasnt in the game i think it was canon.

You are correct, Deliver Hope was indeed canon. It was set during the battle of Fumirole and it was a prequel to Halo Reach.

I would have liked it if the members of Noble Team did reflect on Thom’s death more often throughout the game. Especially Kat because she personally blamed herself for his death.