Cortana

Do you all think Cortana will turn back

I reckon the Cortana we heard in the hidden clip is Cortana 2.0, a copy if you will, from Dr. Halsey. The original Cortana seems to have set her sights firmly on liberating AI and taking galactic control.

> 2533274809226598;2:
> I reckon the Cortana we heard in the hidden clip is Cortana 2.0, a copy if you will, from Dr. Halsey. The original Cortana seems to have set her sights firmly on liberating AI and taking galactic control.

I agree with you. Almost like Chief showing the new Cortana what happened to old Cortana, and that audio was her reaction to it. Or perhaps new Cortana coming to terms with the possibility that the same could happen to her if not kept in check.

This all makes me think of Mendicant and Offensive Bias. Mendicant was an unrestrained super genius, which has many parallels to Cortana. Then Offensive Bias was a much more restrained super genius used to take down Mendicant Bias. He was far weaker than Mendicant, but managed to beat him in the end.

The most popular theory me and a few friends follow is that from Halo 4, when Cortana was splitting herself up to defeat the Didact, she was splitting up her personality, and the version of Cortana we see in Halo 5 was some sort of evil version of Cortana. Then the one heard in the infinite trailer was another piece of her that was able to make it to the domain.

I’m more leaning toward the Cortana 2.0 theory essentially a offensive bias if you will and if she gets out of line that weapon containment chip we saw in the trailer kicks in as a fail safe if she gets outta of line

At first I thought Cortana had logic plague or the Didact was manipulating her or something and she would be able to be brought back but after that audio discovery in the discover hope trailer I think there are at least two Cortana’s and one is good.

I just hope she’s back. I love Chief and Cortana and the game wont feel the same without them together. Been playing Halo since I was 9 and I’m 28 now, love this game because of the two of them.

> 2533274867591496;5:
> I’m more leaning toward the Cortana 2.0 theory essentially a offensive bias if you will and if she gets out of line that weapon containment chip we saw in the trailer kicks in as a fail safe if she gets outta of line

Like the Spider-man meme where he points at himself. Cortana vs. Cortana would be funny to see, especially if OG Cortana gets all cocky and then gets completely destroyed by new Cortana.

> 2535451894080718;8:
> > 2533274867591496;5:
> > I’m more leaning toward the Cortana 2.0 theory essentially a offensive bias if you will and if she gets out of line that weapon containment chip we saw in the trailer kicks in as a fail safe if she gets outta of line
>
> Like the Spider-man meme where he points at himself. Cortana vs. Cortana would be funny to see, especially if OG Cortana gets all cocky and then gets completely destroyed by new Cortana.

Lol basically read up on the mendicant bia backstory very interesting stuff

> 2533274867591496;9:
> > 2535451894080718;8:
> > > 2533274867591496;5:
> > > I’m more leaning toward the Cortana 2.0 theory essentially a offensive bias if you will and if she gets out of line that weapon containment chip we saw in the trailer kicks in as a fail safe if she gets outta of line
> >
> > Like the Spider-man meme where he points at himself. Cortana vs. Cortana would be funny to see, especially if OG Cortana gets all cocky and then gets completely destroyed by new Cortana.
>
> Lol basically read up on the mendicant bia backstory very interesting stuff

Crazy how Gravemind do that tho. Especially to contender class AI