Cortana returns as Didact's slave

Ok let’s say Cortana does indeed return (although I hope she remains dead for a better story) and when she does return she is tortured and enslaved under the Didact’s control to do his bidding (i.e. find everything about Humanity, all their weaknesses and defenses, find out what is so special about the Chief and all etc.) If she does return from the grave to “please” fans I would like to see her under Didact’s control, thus giving Chief even a greater motive to kill this mutated alien scum and, if the thing in the teaser is indeed M.B. then another reason to awaken him.

Reason why I say she could be under his control, the Gravemind was torturing her consistently and managed to “break” her until Chief got her back and she was all happy and dandy. Now if the Gravemind could do so, imagine what the Didact could do? Especially since he saw Cortana to be the “great secret” Chief was keeping from him, thus he would utilize humanities greatest A.I. and Chief’s “love interest” against them to have a major leverage. This would also set a very dark tone for H5 since 343i is saying it is going to be the darkest one yet/ever.

This would also play a good role into Chief being underestimated by the Didact since he’ll know “all” his strengths and weaknesses from Cortana, but he will have no clue what gifts the Librarian gave unto him since Cortana had no clue either. (imagine the Didact telling Chief he knows of all his weaknesses and strengths but Chief merely responds, “Not all of them” and starts using whatever evolutionary traits he was given, maybe resistance to constraint fields/ “force powers” and maybe being able to use them himself.)

Again this is all presuming 343i plans on bringing her back, this would also support why Chief is “rogue” as he is in robes and has a cracked visor as he would disobey orders from the UNSC to retrieve her “save” her despite UNSC/ONI stating she is to be terminated asap for safety measures.

> This would also set a very dark tone for H5 since 343i is saying it is going to be the darkest one yet/ever.

Where have they said this?

> > This would also set a very dark tone for H5 since 343i is saying it is going to be the darkest one yet/ever.
>
> Where have they said this?

Well it’s been said many times when discussing Halo 5 by 343i, lol its everywhere, look at other forums because unfortunately I cannot find an exact quote where they happen to say H5 will be the darkest game yet/ever.

> Ok let’s say Cortana does indeed return (although I hope she remains dead for a better story) and when she does return she is tortured and enslaved under the Didact’s control to do his bidding (i.e. find everything about Humanity, all their weaknesses and defenses, find out what is so special about the Chief and all etc.) If she does return from the grave to “please” fans I would like to see her under Didact’s control, thus giving Chief even a greater motive to kill this mutated alien scum and, if the thing in the teaser is indeed M.B. then another reason to awaken him.
>
> Reason why I say she could be under his control, the Gravemind was torturing her consistently and managed to “break” her until Chief got her back and she was all happy and dandy. Now if the Gravemind could do so, imagine what the Didact could do? Especially since he saw Cortana to be the “great secret” Chief was keeping from him, thus he would utilize humanities greatest A.I. and Chief’s “love interest” against them to have a major leverage. This would also set a very dark tone for H5 since 343i is saying it is going to be the darkest one yet/ever.

You assume the Didact is in any position to control Cortana, the ending epilogue dialogue of his has the implication he is under Forerunner custody for his crimes against humanity. I don’t appreciate you calling the Didact scum either considering he was corrupted by the Gravemind during the Forerunner-Flood War and thus his hatred of humans intensified beyond reasonable levels. I’d much rather try to save him than try and save Cortana who is dead.

> This would also play a good role into Chief being underestimated by the Didact since he’ll know “all” his strengths and weaknesses from Cortana, but he will have no clue what gifts the Librarian gave unto him since Cortana had no clue either. (imagine the Didact telling Chief he knows of all his weaknesses and strengths but Chief merely responds, “Not all of them” and starts using whatever evolutionary traits he was given, maybe resistance to constraint fields/ “force powers” and maybe being able to use them himself.)

You need a piece of technology to use constraint fields, it isn’t an evolutionary power. Besides, how would the Didact know what his evolution entails? He was shocked Chief survived the Composer, he’s just as clueless.

> Again this is all presuming 343i plans on bringing her back, this would also support why Chief is “rogue” as he is in robes and has a cracked visor as he would disobey orders from the UNSC to retrieve her “save” her despite UNSC/ONI stating she is to be terminated asap for safety measures.

She’s dead, been confirmed multiple times.

I could take this it leave it honestly.

Tho if Cortana is to return she should be a driving force of the plot, I agree there.

You know what’d be a good way to avoid a certain ESRB rating subtitle with the shiny new graphics? Make her wear a Princess Lea-esque slave-kini.

Anyways, unless that was done super well and not cheesy, I wouldn’t want it. Too, I don’t really know how to describe it. Inspired, maybe? But not in a good way.

  1. I call him a “scum” is because he composed humans again and again because, as you stated, he already hated humans and the implications of the Gravemind on him only increased it, I consider him “scum” because his sole priority as it has always been is to ensure Forerunners remain the keepers of the Mantle, because he is ego-driven and is fueled by blind hate for humanity no matter what evolutionary state we are in.

2.I did say Didact wouldn’t know his evolutionary traits only what weaknesses and strengths he has as a Spartan II

3.Again this is all under the presumption on a WHAT IF scenario, it was clearly addressed in the beginning of this post.

  1. One final comment, I hope Cortana remains dead, as stated before, as it will leave a greater sense of mortality and inner conflict with John’s human traits, but this entire post is based on a presumption IF she were to come back magically.

> You assume the Didact is in any position to control Cortana, the ending epilogue dialogue of his has the implication he is under Forerunner custody for his crimes against humanity.

I have always thought Didact’s speech in the epilog of H4 was held in the past during the war between the Forerunners and the Flood or Humans but you can relate it or it is relating to the present now as well because history has repeated itself in some way and the Didact’s opinion about humanity has not changed over the time.
That’s why I don’t think he is currently under custody but nonetheless I believe he is alive.

As a response to the OP.
I think it is implausible that Cortana returns, especially as Didact’s slave.
Even though I would like to see her return, she should stay dead. It would only destroy the sad ending of Halo 4 for me.

> > Ok let’s say Cortana does indeed return (although I hope she remains dead for a better story) and when she does return she is tortured and enslaved under the Didact’s control to do his bidding (i.e. find everything about Humanity, all their weaknesses and defenses, find out what is so special about the Chief and all etc.) If she does return from the grave to “please” fans I would like to see her under Didact’s control, thus giving Chief even a greater motive to kill this mutated alien scum and, if the thing in the teaser is indeed M.B. then another reason to awaken him.
> >
> > Reason why I say she could be under his control, the Gravemind was torturing her consistently and managed to “break” her until Chief got her back and she was all happy and dandy. Now if the Gravemind could do so, imagine what the Didact could do? Especially since he saw Cortana to be the “great secret” Chief was keeping from him, thus he would utilize humanities greatest A.I. and Chief’s “love interest” against them to have a major leverage. This would also set a very dark tone for H5 since 343i is saying it is going to be the darkest one yet/ever.
>
> You assume the Didact is in any position to control Cortana, the ending epilogue dialogue of his has the implication he is under Forerunner custody for his crimes against humanity. I don’t appreciate you calling the Didact scum either considering he was corrupted by the Gravemind during the Forerunner-Flood War and thus his hatred of humans intensified beyond reasonable levels. I’d much rather try to save him than try and save Cortana who is dead.

I have to ask, why would you save the Didact over Cortana? I’m a little confused there.

> I have to ask, why would you save the Didact over Cortana? I’m a little confused there.

Didact has an army and a lot of fortresses all over the galaxy.

> I have to ask, why would you save the Didact over Cortana? I’m a little confused there.

Because people think that Gandalf the White undermined the death of Gandalf the Grey.

> Because people think that Gandalf the White undermined the death of Gandalf the Grey.

What?

> > >
> >
> > I have to ask, why would you save the Didact over Cortana? I’m a little confused there.
>
> Chief may be able to bring the Ur-Didact to be sane, he would be an amazing ally if the Flood returned

> > Because people think that Gandalf the White undermined the death of Gandalf the Grey.
>
> What?

Lord of the Rings. Gandalf died. Frodo cried. The whole audience is touched. Middle of the next movie he comes back to serve both an allegorical and plot purpose.

Most people didn’t find it troublesome, but apparently this case is somehow different.

> > > Because people think that Gandalf the White undermined the death of Gandalf the Grey.
> >
> > What?
>
> Lord of the Rings. Gandalf died. Frodo cried. The whole audience is touched. Middle of the next movie he comes back to serve both an allegorical and plot purpose.
>
> Most people didn’t find it troublesome, but apparently this case is somehow different.

LOL I love you man

> LOL I love you man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2hwV0ZEz7c

Love you too.

> > I have to ask, why would you save the Didact over Cortana? I’m a little confused there.
>
> Didact has an army and a lot of fortresses all over the galaxy.

> > > >
> > >
> > > I have to ask, why would you save the Didact over Cortana? I’m a little confused there.
> >
> > Chief may be able to bring the Ur-Didact to be sane, he would be an amazing ally if the Flood returned
>
> I see. Not really in for having the Didact as an Ally, but if the Flood does indeed return, then perhaps he would make a great ally.
> Thing is, when I saw “save him over Cortana”, I though why save a individual that threatened Man-kind with such harsh and strong words and sees nothing in them but “pets” as he says. I’m curious to find out though.

> > LOL I love you man
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2hwV0ZEz7c
>
> Love you too.

to respond to your original statement

don’t you know? Halo is ART…and art is pain, no happiness allowed and for allowing happiness TLOTR is garbage

> > > LOL I love you man
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2hwV0ZEz7c
> >
> > Love you too.
>
> to respond to your original statement
>
>
> don’t you know? Halo is ART…and art is pain, no happiness allowed and for allowing happiness TLOTR is garbage

Sergeant Johnson was Boromir. Jacob Keyes was the King of Rohan. Miranda was the elf dude they made a big deal about dieing at the battle of Helm’s Deep.

The Didact was either Gollum or Sauruman. Take your pick.

> > > > LOL I love you man
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2hwV0ZEz7c
> > >
> > > Love you too.
> >
> > to respond to your original statement
> >
> >
> > don’t you know? Halo is ART…and art is pain, no happiness allowed and for allowing happiness TLOTR is garbage
>
> Sergeant Johnson was Boromir. Jacob Keyes was the King of Rohan. Miranda was the elf dude they made a big deal about dieing at the battle of Helm’s Deep.
>
> The Didact was either Gollum or Sauruman. Take your pick.

GOLLUM…The composer is his PRECIOUSSSSSSSSS

and the Librarian is Tom Bombadil