Cortana Resurrection? I Think Not.

People are still saying Chief’s motives are to resurrect Cortana, but what would shooting down government officials and rescuing some of them do to help get Cortana back? Maybe he conspired with the Gravemind so that he would do something for him so that he could get Cortana back by a way that only the Gravemind knows? Any way that Chief would go to lengths like killing other people would not be a thing Chief would do. I really think that there actually being a way to get Cortana back at all is far-fetched, much less having the Chief go kill other people. Maybe Chief is being framed, maybe someone was just dressed in Chief armor, or maybe the video was altered, I don’t know. It just doesn’t seem to be Chief, even with his growing defiance towards the UNSC.
Do you guys still think the Chief’s motives are to get Cortana back?

I would prefer that to not be his motivation, but it would be silly not to concede that it’s a possibility.

Considering there is no way you could bring her back without some really cheesy and canon breaking plot points then I’d say no that is not his mission at all. There are more important things in the galaxy than Cortana. Besides if he were to somehow resurrect her then he’d want to be on Earth since the only way to retrieve her would be to somehow put back together the debris of the Mantle’s Approach and somehow reactivate the databanks on the ship and then after all that hope that she somehow survived rampancy and were not too incredibly corrupted.

So in short it is impossible or at least so improbable that it shouldn’t be said on every thread.

Please don’t bring her back 343i. She was cool and all but Chief needs to move on.

Why does everyone always use the word ‘resurrect’? She isn’t dead, so she can’t be resurrected. In fact Cortana’s never even been alive. She’s an AI, stored on the Mantle’s Approach when it was exploded to dust.

> 2533274877056440;5:
> Why does everyone always use the word ‘resurrect’? She isn’t dead, so she can’t be resurrected. In fact Cortana’s never even been alive. She’s an AI, stored on the Mantle’s Approach when it was exploded to dust.

No need to be so correct and nitpicky. We are using that word figuratively, as we use it for humans. Ever heard of anthropomorphism? That’s when you give human characteristics to animals. So we are doing something similar by giving Cortana human characteristics, as do the people in the Halo universe actually do by giving Smart AI a human appearance in order to communicate.

MC isn’t looking for her but she will pop up right in front of him eventually.

I don’t think she has to come back, but for the love of Christ guys. Everyone’s shooting the idea down. I don’t think Chief looking for a way to bring her back = Chief bringing her back. I don’t think Cortana coming back = Everything good and well for Chief.

I think one of the issues is that we use such nebulous language when we talk about this subject. SPECIFICS.
If the Spartan known as John-117 (aka, the Master Chief) is attempting to fill an emotional void in his tortured psyche via the recreation of his Artificial Intelligence companion Cortana, then the emotional damage from said model’s death would not be immediately undone if the following conditions were applied:

1.) It becomes a piece of obvious clarity to both the audience and the character that the Spartan known as John-117 (the Master Chief) is functionally unable to revive said AI.

2.) John-117 witnesses the creation of an Artificial Intelligence resembling Cortana in appearance, design and function, but significantly dissimilar with regards to personality and psychology. Chief is in the presence of another “Cortana model,” but “Cortana” is still forever dead.

3.) The AI known as Cortana, is revived (either inadvertently or after careful planning the Spartan known as Jonh-117 is not privy to) during the climax of the title’s Campaign leading into the very end, meaning that her contribution to the arc is entirely restricted to the post-climax, or third act.

4.) The Spartan known as John-117 succeeds in all aspects of this mission, but is rejected by Cortana for whatever monstrosities that may have been necessary to commit along the way.

> 2535421619942348;8:
> I don’t think she has to come back, but for the love of Christ guys. Everyone’s shooting the idea down. I don’t think Chief looking for a way to bring her back = Chief bringing her back. I don’t think Cortana coming back = Everything good and well for Chief.
>
> I think one of the issues is that we use such nebulous language when we talk about this subject. SPECIFICS.
> If the Spartan known as John-117 (aka, the Master Chief) is attempting to fill an emotional void in his tortured psyche via the recreation of his Artificial Intelligence companion Cortana, then the emotional damage from said model’s death would not be immediately undone if the following conditions were applied:
>
> 1.) It becomes a piece of obvious clarity to both the audience and the character that the Spartan known as John-117 (the Master Chief) is functionally unable to revive said AI.
>
> 2.) John-117 witnesses the creation of an Artificial Intelligence resembling Cortana in appearance, design and function, but significantly dissimilar with regards to personality and psychology. Chief is in the presence of another “Cortana model,” but “Cortana” is still forever dead.
>
> 3.) The AI known as Cortana, is revived (either inadvertently or after careful planning the Spartan known as Jonh-117 is not privy to) during the climax of the title’s Campaign leading into the very end, meaning that her contribution to the arc is entirely restricted to the post-climax, or third act.
>
> 4.) The Spartan known as John-117 succeeds in all aspects of this mission, but is rejected by Cortana for whatever monstrosities that may have been necessary to commit along the way.

The problem with your claim is that you are implying John is still hung up on Cortana, and thus is motivated to bring her back. I find this out of character for him. He has shown to be able to get pass loss, and if Escalation is an indication, he is.

If John is really that emo about it though and ignoring the bigger picture, -Yoink- 343 and -Yoink- John.

> 2533274873310828;9:
> > 2535421619942348;8:
> > I don’t think she has to come back, but for the love of Christ guys. Everyone’s shooting the idea down. I don’t think Chief looking for a way to bring her back = Chief bringing her back. I don’t think Cortana coming back = Everything good and well for Chief.
> >
> > I think one of the issues is that we use such nebulous language when we talk about this subject. SPECIFICS.
> > If the Spartan known as John-117 (aka, the Master Chief) is attempting to fill an emotional void in his tortured psyche via the recreation of his Artificial Intelligence companion Cortana, then the emotional damage from said model’s death would not be immediately undone if the following conditions were applied:
> >
> > 1.) It becomes a piece of obvious clarity to both the audience and the character that the Spartan known as John-117 (the Master Chief) is functionally unable to revive said AI.
> >
> > 2.) John-117 witnesses the creation of an Artificial Intelligence resembling Cortana in appearance, design and function, but significantly dissimilar with regards to personality and psychology. Chief is in the presence of another “Cortana model,” but “Cortana” is still forever dead.
> >
> > 3.) The AI known as Cortana, is revived (either inadvertently or after careful planning the Spartan known as Jonh-117 is not privy to) during the climax of the title’s Campaign leading into the very end, meaning that her contribution to the arc is entirely restricted to the post-climax, or third act.
> >
> > 4.) The Spartan known as John-117 succeeds in all aspects of this mission, but is rejected by Cortana for whatever monstrosities that may have been necessary to commit along the way.
>
>
> The problem with your claim is that you are implying John is still hung up on Cortana, and thus is motivated to bring her back. I find this out of character for him. He has shown to be able to get pass loss, and if Escalation is an indication, he is.
>
> If John is really that emo about it though and ignoring the bigger picture, -Yoink- 343 and -Yoink- John.

Well yeah that was the premise I was operating from. I even used the word “If” at the beginning.

See, I’d be much more inclined to believe the idea that Chief and Cortana weren’t as close as we were lead to believe, having only been together for a few months, if not for 343 practically slamming their relationship down our throats. Regardless of whether he’s gotten over the loss, Chief made (or, almost made) a huge deal out of finding Halsey to fix Cortana in 4. Lo and behold, Spartan Ops tells the player exactly where we can find her. In our next promotional content for Halo 5, we see battered Chief wading through a desert, meeting a giant Forerunner construct with a devilishly familiar data chip in his hand. I honestly believe, whether I want them to or not, that 343 is going in this direction with it. Hence the “If,” just in case they are.

Also, what is this bigger picture that he’s ignoring?

> 2535421619942348;10:
> > 2533274873310828;9:
> > > 2535421619942348;8:
> > > I don’t think she has to come back, but for the love of Christ guys. Everyone’s shooting the idea down. I don’t think Chief looking for a way to bring her back = Chief bringing her back. I don’t think Cortana coming back = Everything good and well for Chief.
> > >
> > > I think one of the issues is that we use such nebulous language when we talk about this subject. SPECIFICS.
> > > If the Spartan known as John-117 (aka, the Master Chief) is attempting to fill an emotional void in his tortured psyche via the recreation of his Artificial Intelligence companion Cortana, then the emotional damage from said model’s death would not be immediately undone if the following conditions were applied:
> > >
> > > 1.) It becomes a piece of obvious clarity to both the audience and the character that the Spartan known as John-117 (the Master Chief) is functionally unable to revive said AI.
> > >
> > > 2.) John-117 witnesses the creation of an Artificial Intelligence resembling Cortana in appearance, design and function, but significantly dissimilar with regards to personality and psychology. Chief is in the presence of another “Cortana model,” but “Cortana” is still forever dead.
> > >
> > > 3.) The AI known as Cortana, is revived (either inadvertently or after careful planning the Spartan known as Jonh-117 is not privy to) during the climax of the title’s Campaign leading into the very end, meaning that her contribution to the arc is entirely restricted to the post-climax, or third act.
> > >
> > > 4.) The Spartan known as John-117 succeeds in all aspects of this mission, but is rejected by Cortana for whatever monstrosities that may have been necessary to commit along the way.
> >
> >
> > The problem with your claim is that you are implying John is still hung up on Cortana, and thus is motivated to bring her back. I find this out of character for him. He has shown to be able to get pass loss, and if Escalation is an indication, he is.
> >
> > If John is really that emo about it though and ignoring the bigger picture, -Yoink- 343 and -Yoink- John.
>
>
> Well yeah that was the premise I was operating from. I even used the word “If” at the beginning.
>
> See, I’d be much more inclined to believe the idea that Chief and Cortana weren’t as close as we were lead to believe, having only been together for a few months, if not for 343 practically slamming their relationship down our throats. Regardless of whether he’s gotten over the loss, Chief made (or, almost made) a huge deal out of finding Halsey to fix Cortana in 4. Lo and behold, Spartan Ops tells the player exactly where we can find her. In our next promotional content for Halo 5, we see battered Chief wading through a desert, meeting a giant Forerunner construct with a devilishly familiar data chip in his hand. I honestly believe, whether I want them to or not, that 343 is going in this direction with it. Hence the “If,” just in case they are.
>
> Also, what is this bigger picture that he’s ignoring?

Well, the way I see it is that John definitely sees her as a valuable friend and ally, so he definitely was not going to let circumstances wrench the rampancy situation out of his control. I was not that bothered, thus. I think Escalation has managed to balance it out.

Also, I was talking about whatever possibly hostile deep space anomalies that are taking place right now. If John is really focused on reviving his blue fairy and not caring that humanity is going to die despite his dedication to his duty, -Yoink- him.

> 2533274873310828;11:
> > 2535421619942348;10:
> > > 2533274873310828;9:
> > > > 2535421619942348;8:
> > > > I don’t think she has to come back, but for the love of Christ guys. Everyone’s shooting the idea down. I don’t think Chief looking for a way to bring her back = Chief bringing her back. I don’t think Cortana coming back = Everything good and well for Chief.
> > > >
> > > > I think one of the issues is that we use such nebulous language when we talk about this subject. SPECIFICS.
> > > > If the Spartan known as John-117 (aka, the Master Chief) is attempting to fill an emotional void in his tortured psyche via the recreation of his Artificial Intelligence companion Cortana, then the emotional damage from said model’s death would not be immediately undone if the following conditions were applied:
> > > >
> > > > 1.) It becomes a piece of obvious clarity to both the audience and the character that the Spartan known as John-117 (the Master Chief) is functionally unable to revive said AI.
> > > >
> > > > 2.) John-117 witnesses the creation of an Artificial Intelligence resembling Cortana in appearance, design and function, but significantly dissimilar with regards to personality and psychology. Chief is in the presence of another “Cortana model,” but “Cortana” is still forever dead.
> > > >
> > > > 3.) The AI known as Cortana, is revived (either inadvertently or after careful planning the Spartan known as Jonh-117 is not privy to) during the climax of the title’s Campaign leading into the very end, meaning that her contribution to the arc is entirely restricted to the post-climax, or third act.
> > > >
> > > > 4.) The Spartan known as John-117 succeeds in all aspects of this mission, but is rejected by Cortana for whatever monstrosities that may have been necessary to commit along the way.
> > >
> > >
> > > The problem with your claim is that you are implying John is still hung up on Cortana, and thus is motivated to bring her back. I find this out of character for him. He has shown to be able to get pass loss, and if Escalation is an indication, he is.
> > >
> > > If John is really that emo about it though and ignoring the bigger picture, -Yoink- 343 and -Yoink- John.
> >
> >
> > Well yeah that was the premise I was operating from. I even used the word “If” at the beginning.
> >
> > See, I’d be much more inclined to believe the idea that Chief and Cortana weren’t as close as we were lead to believe, having only been together for a few months, if not for 343 practically slamming their relationship down our throats. Regardless of whether he’s gotten over the loss, Chief made (or, almost made) a huge deal out of finding Halsey to fix Cortana in 4. Lo and behold, Spartan Ops tells the player exactly where we can find her. In our next promotional content for Halo 5, we see battered Chief wading through a desert, meeting a giant Forerunner construct with a devilishly familiar data chip in his hand. I honestly believe, whether I want them to or not, that 343 is going in this direction with it. Hence the “If,” just in case they are.
> >
> > Also, what is this bigger picture that he’s ignoring?
>
>
> Well, the way I see it is that John definitely sees her as a valuable friend and ally, so he definitely was not going to let circumstances wrench the rampancy situation out of his control. I was not that bothered, thus. I think Escalation has managed to balance it out.
>
> Also, I was talking about whatever possibly hostile deep space anomalies that are taking place right now. If John is really focused on reviving his blue fairy and not caring that humanity is going to die despite his dedication to his duty, -Yoink- him.

Bruh. That blue fairy saved literally everyone from Master Chief himself in CE. She’s always been at the core of world-ending operations and galaxy-saving victories. Part of me thinks, if this -Yoink- is going down the way I think it is, she and Halsey are the only ones qualified to tackle these “Deep Space Anomalies.”

> 2535421619942348;12:
> > 2533274873310828;11:
> > > 2535421619942348;10:
> > > > 2533274873310828;9:
> > > > > 2535421619942348;8:
> > > > > I don’t think she has to come back, but for the love of Christ guys. Everyone’s shooting the idea down. I don’t think Chief looking for a way to bring her back = Chief bringing her back. I don’t think Cortana coming back = Everything good and well for Chief.
> > > > >
> > > > > I think one of the issues is that we use such nebulous language when we talk about this subject. SPECIFICS.
> > > > > If the Spartan known as John-117 (aka, the Master Chief) is attempting to fill an emotional void in his tortured psyche via the recreation of his Artificial Intelligence companion Cortana, then the emotional damage from said model’s death would not be immediately undone if the following conditions were applied:
> > > > >
> > > > > 1.) It becomes a piece of obvious clarity to both the audience and the character that the Spartan known as John-117 (the Master Chief) is functionally unable to revive said AI.
> > > > >
> > > > > 2.) John-117 witnesses the creation of an Artificial Intelligence resembling Cortana in appearance, design and function, but significantly dissimilar with regards to personality and psychology. Chief is in the presence of another “Cortana model,” but “Cortana” is still forever dead.
> > > > >
> > > > > 3.) The AI known as Cortana, is revived (either inadvertently or after careful planning the Spartan known as Jonh-117 is not privy to) during the climax of the title’s Campaign leading into the very end, meaning that her contribution to the arc is entirely restricted to the post-climax, or third act.
> > > > >
> > > > > 4.) The Spartan known as John-117 succeeds in all aspects of this mission, but is rejected by Cortana for whatever monstrosities that may have been necessary to commit along the way.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The problem with your claim is that you are implying John is still hung up on Cortana, and thus is motivated to bring her back. I find this out of character for him. He has shown to be able to get pass loss, and if Escalation is an indication, he is.
> > > >
> > > > If John is really that emo about it though and ignoring the bigger picture, -Yoink- 343 and -Yoink- John.
> > >
> > >
> > > Well yeah that was the premise I was operating from. I even used the word “If” at the beginning.
> > >
> > > See, I’d be much more inclined to believe the idea that Chief and Cortana weren’t as close as we were lead to believe, having only been together for a few months, if not for 343 practically slamming their relationship down our throats. Regardless of whether he’s gotten over the loss, Chief made (or, almost made) a huge deal out of finding Halsey to fix Cortana in 4. Lo and behold, Spartan Ops tells the player exactly where we can find her. In our next promotional content for Halo 5, we see battered Chief wading through a desert, meeting a giant Forerunner construct with a devilishly familiar data chip in his hand. I honestly believe, whether I want them to or not, that 343 is going in this direction with it. Hence the “If,” just in case they are.
> > >
> > > Also, what is this bigger picture that he’s ignoring?
> >
> >
> > Well, the way I see it is that John definitely sees her as a valuable friend and ally, so he definitely was not going to let circumstances wrench the rampancy situation out of his control. I was not that bothered, thus. I think Escalation has managed to balance it out.
> >
> > Also, I was talking about whatever possibly hostile deep space anomalies that are taking place right now. If John is really focused on reviving his blue fairy and not caring that humanity is going to die despite his dedication to his duty, -Yoink- him.
>
>
> Bruh. That blue fairy saved literally everyone from Master Chief himself in CE. She’s always been at the core of world-ending operations and galaxy-saving victories. Part of me thinks, if this -Yoink- is going down the way I think it is, she and Halsey are the only ones qualified to tackle these “Deep Space Anomalies.”

Okay, the blue fairy part was a bit rash, but I think you get the point I have to make.
Although I am inclined to believe that the events surrounding John’s quest will revolve more around Halsey.

> 2533274873310828;13:
> > 2535421619942348;12:
> > > 2533274873310828;11:
> > > > 2535421619942348;10:
> > > > > 2533274873310828;9:
> > > > > > 2535421619942348;8:
> > > > > > I don’t think she has to come back, but for the love of Christ guys. Everyone’s shooting the idea down. I don’t think Chief looking for a way to bring her back = Chief bringing her back. I don’t think Cortana coming back = Everything good and well for Chief.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I think one of the issues is that we use such nebulous language when we talk about this subject. SPECIFICS.
> > > > > > If the Spartan known as John-117 (aka, the Master Chief) is attempting to fill an emotional void in his tortured psyche via the recreation of his Artificial Intelligence companion Cortana, then the emotional damage from said model’s death would not be immediately undone if the following conditions were applied:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 1.) It becomes a piece of obvious clarity to both the audience and the character that the Spartan known as John-117 (the Master Chief) is functionally unable to revive said AI.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 2.) John-117 witnesses the creation of an Artificial Intelligence resembling Cortana in appearance, design and function, but significantly dissimilar with regards to personality and psychology. Chief is in the presence of another “Cortana model,” but “Cortana” is still forever dead.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 3.) The AI known as Cortana, is revived (either inadvertently or after careful planning the Spartan known as Jonh-117 is not privy to) during the climax of the title’s Campaign leading into the very end, meaning that her contribution to the arc is entirely restricted to the post-climax, or third act.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 4.) The Spartan known as John-117 succeeds in all aspects of this mission, but is rejected by Cortana for whatever monstrosities that may have been necessary to commit along the way.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > The problem with your claim is that you are implying John is still hung up on Cortana, and thus is motivated to bring her back. I find this out of character for him. He has shown to be able to get pass loss, and if Escalation is an indication, he is.
> > > > >
> > > > > If John is really that emo about it though and ignoring the bigger picture, -Yoink- 343 and -Yoink- John.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Well yeah that was the premise I was operating from. I even used the word “If” at the beginning.
> > > >
> > > > See, I’d be much more inclined to believe the idea that Chief and Cortana weren’t as close as we were lead to believe, having only been together for a few months, if not for 343 practically slamming their relationship down our throats. Regardless of whether he’s gotten over the loss, Chief made (or, almost made) a huge deal out of finding Halsey to fix Cortana in 4. Lo and behold, Spartan Ops tells the player exactly where we can find her. In our next promotional content for Halo 5, we see battered Chief wading through a desert, meeting a giant Forerunner construct with a devilishly familiar data chip in his hand. I honestly believe, whether I want them to or not, that 343 is going in this direction with it. Hence the “If,” just in case they are.
> > > >
> > > > Also, what is this bigger picture that he’s ignoring?
> > >
> > >
> > > Well, the way I see it is that John definitely sees her as a valuable friend and ally, so he definitely was not going to let circumstances wrench the rampancy situation out of his control. I was not that bothered, thus. I think Escalation has managed to balance it out.
> > >
> > > Also, I was talking about whatever possibly hostile deep space anomalies that are taking place right now. If John is really focused on reviving his blue fairy and not caring that humanity is going to die despite his dedication to his duty, -Yoink- him.
> >
> >
> > Bruh. That blue fairy saved literally everyone from Master Chief himself in CE. She’s always been at the core of world-ending operations and galaxy-saving victories. Part of me thinks, if this -Yoink- is going down the way I think it is, she and Halsey are the only ones qualified to tackle these “Deep Space Anomalies.”
>
>
> Okay, the blue fairy part was a bit rash, but I think you get the point I have to make.
> Although I am inclined to believe that the events surrounding John’s quest will revolve more around Halsey.

And that’s fine. That was foreshadowed in 4. It was foreshadowed in 4 because of Cortana, which once again makes me think that no one’s gotten over her yet. Not the Chief, not the audience nor the (possible) plot of the game itself.

> 2535421619942348;14:
> > 2533274873310828;13:
> > > 2535421619942348;12:
> > > > 2533274873310828;11:
> > > > > 2535421619942348;10:
> > > > > > 2533274873310828;9:
> > > > > > > 2535421619942348;8:
> > > > > > > I don’t think she has to come back, but for the love of Christ guys. Everyone’s shooting the idea down. I don’t think Chief looking for a way to bring her back = Chief bringing her back. I don’t think Cortana coming back = Everything good and well for Chief.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I think one of the issues is that we use such nebulous language when we talk about this subject. SPECIFICS.
> > > > > > > If the Spartan known as John-117 (aka, the Master Chief) is attempting to fill an emotional void in his tortured psyche via the recreation of his Artificial Intelligence companion Cortana, then the emotional damage from said model’s death would not be immediately undone if the following conditions were applied:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 1.) It becomes a piece of obvious clarity to both the audience and the character that the Spartan known as John-117 (the Master Chief) is functionally unable to revive said AI.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 2.) John-117 witnesses the creation of an Artificial Intelligence resembling Cortana in appearance, design and function, but significantly dissimilar with regards to personality and psychology. Chief is in the presence of another “Cortana model,” but “Cortana” is still forever dead.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 3.) The AI known as Cortana, is revived (either inadvertently or after careful planning the Spartan known as Jonh-117 is not privy to) during the climax of the title’s Campaign leading into the very end, meaning that her contribution to the arc is entirely restricted to the post-climax, or third act.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 4.) The Spartan known as John-117 succeeds in all aspects of this mission, but is rejected by Cortana for whatever monstrosities that may have been necessary to commit along the way.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The problem with your claim is that you are implying John is still hung up on Cortana, and thus is motivated to bring her back. I find this out of character for him. He has shown to be able to get pass loss, and if Escalation is an indication, he is.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > If John is really that emo about it though and ignoring the bigger picture, -Yoink- 343 and -Yoink- John.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Well yeah that was the premise I was operating from. I even used the word “If” at the beginning.
> > > > >
> > > > > See, I’d be much more inclined to believe the idea that Chief and Cortana weren’t as close as we were lead to believe, having only been together for a few months, if not for 343 practically slamming their relationship down our throats. Regardless of whether he’s gotten over the loss, Chief made (or, almost made) a huge deal out of finding Halsey to fix Cortana in 4. Lo and behold, Spartan Ops tells the player exactly where we can find her. In our next promotional content for Halo 5, we see battered Chief wading through a desert, meeting a giant Forerunner construct with a devilishly familiar data chip in his hand. I honestly believe, whether I want them to or not, that 343 is going in this direction with it. Hence the “If,” just in case they are.
> > > > >
> > > > > Also, what is this bigger picture that he’s ignoring?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Well, the way I see it is that John definitely sees her as a valuable friend and ally, so he definitely was not going to let circumstances wrench the rampancy situation out of his control. I was not that bothered, thus. I think Escalation has managed to balance it out.
> > > >
> > > > Also, I was talking about whatever possibly hostile deep space anomalies that are taking place right now. If John is really focused on reviving his blue fairy and not caring that humanity is going to die despite his dedication to his duty, -Yoink- him.
> > >
> > >
> > > Bruh. That blue fairy saved literally everyone from Master Chief himself in CE. She’s always been at the core of world-ending operations and galaxy-saving victories. Part of me thinks, if this -Yoink- is going down the way I think it is, she and Halsey are the only ones qualified to tackle these “Deep Space Anomalies.”
> >
> >
> > Okay, the blue fairy part was a bit rash, but I think you get the point I have to make.
> > Although I am inclined to believe that the events surrounding John’s quest will revolve more around Halsey.
>
>
> And that’s fine. That was foreshadowed in 4. It was foreshadowed in 4 because of Cortana, which once again makes me think that no one’s gotten over her yet, not the Chief, not the audience nor the (possible) plot of the game itself.

The only impact I can see on the Chief is that it is a very personal failure for him that he failed to secure her as he was expected to, which is a very obvious conflict with John’s hyper-competitive personality.

I think the conflict does not lie with Chief missing Cortana, but with Chief dealing with the fact that he had experienced a massive failure. This may spill over to his decisions with Blue Team.

> 2533274839169051;7:
> MC isn’t looking for her but she will pop up right in front of him eventually.

That seems like a lazily written story. You mean she comes back by reasons Chief didn’t have to do with? I don’t think 343 would have a Deus Ex Machina like that.

Now that Chief’s back with Blue Team, I think she ought to stay gone.