Cortana might not go rampant

NOTE: Minor spoilers for the halo book ‘The Cole Protocol’

everyone is talking about how cortana is going insane but i am still hoping she won’t.

In Halo: the cole protocol there is a very small colony on an asteroid called ‘the rubble’. It is kept functioning by an AI who is FAR past her expiry date so to speak. She displayed very little signs of rampancy and refused to do so because of her pure love of the rubble. She cared about it immensly.

Now Cortana, do you think she might ‘hang on’ or reach meta-stability because of how much she cares for the chief?

i hope so…

:slight_smile:

PS: more about juliana the AI if you wana know Juliana | Halo Alpha | Fandom
“Juliana was a UNSC “smart” AI operating on the Rubble.[1] She was an Insurrectionist AI, who was originally a commercial AI used by miners from the colony of Madrigal. When she met the Gray Team, she was going through stages of Rampancy, yet didn’t seem to be showing it.[2] As she said, she hung onto the edge of Rampancy, trying to go back.”

I suppose, but from what I’ve seen? I doubt it. I mean, she’s freaking out in the E3 trailer.

as you said, she showed very little displays of rampancy…Cortana on the other hand… she has showed us quite a few already. She’s had more contact with forerunner tech than any other AI including the gravemind… the whole scene in the E3 demo leads me to believe me she is rampant or on the verge of it.

Take a look at the rest of this again. I think it will gradually happen throughout the campaign and leave us, hopefully, at a cliffhanger at the end. That’d be awesome.

It is difficult to compare Cortana to other AIs because her creation is strictly unique. That said, Cortana has definitely displayed elements of rampancy even before Halo 4. Anyone who has read ‘Human Weakness’ in Evolutions knows what I’m talking about.

I think the UNSC and/or the Chief will utilize her rampancy as opposed to disassembling her because of it.

it’s not only her age that’s a problem though. she’s filled to the brim with the data from the first halo and spending time with the gravemind probably messed her up a bit too. there’s going to be 2 more games after this one though, I can’t imagine cortana only to be in one.

I really hope she does not go rampant. But at the end of the trailer, chief is holding up the chip she’s stored on in in his hand. I’m pretty sure that hints at her death.

> Take a look at the rest of this again. I think it will gradually happen throughout the campaign and leave us, hopefully, at a cliffhanger at the end. That’d be awesome.

Oh,I just noticed she is on the bridge of the Infinity. lol

The only AI I can think of as powerful as Cortana is Mendicant Bias, and somehow he achieved metastability, and the final
Halo 3 terminal suggested he would be involved in Halo 4 to help Chief. Perhaps he could help Cortana as well?

There’s also a part in Glasslands about Halsey experimenting with (Slip-space drives I think?) to extend the lives of A.I. and I thought that she may have used this on Cortana.

> The only AI I can think of as powerful as Cortana is Mendicant Bias, and somehow he achieved metastability, and the final
> Halo 3 terminal suggested he would be involved in Halo 4 to help Chief. Perhaps he could help Cortana as well?

No, i’m pretty sure he died when the ark exploded because the last fragment of him was on that forerunner ship :stuck_out_tongue:

> There’s also a part in Glasslands about Halsey experimenting with (Slip-space drives I think?) to extend the lives of A.I. and I thought that she may have used this on Cortana.

I thought that too, but I’m starting to doubt it. After watching the trailer at E3, I think Cortana is either going rampant or just really pissed off. Why else would she scream like that?