Cortana look in Halo games (which is best)

Been watching through some old Halo videos and jumping in and out of games.

I really like Cortanas look in Halo 4 and thought it was spot on. However I really hate the grafted video of a real person in Halo 5 and think this was a big factor in my lack of enjoyment and lack of feeling involved.

What do you guys think? Did Halo 5 go too far and was 4 the best?

Halo 5’s was some serious uncanny valley type stuff, it just made me really uncomfortable. But yeah Halo 4 Cortana > every other one. Obvious -Yoink!- appeal aside, I thought she was the most visually expressive and was the most detailed and just… human looking.

Halo 4 for her visual expressiveness and humanity, like Sorge says (not the -Yoink!- appeal, never the -Yoink!- appeal. She’s no Lara Croft). I’d put Halo 3 next because of [nostalgia] the same thing, but just an older model. Halo 2A’s is leaning to the realistic side of her, at least looking at her face, more so than 4. So Halo 4> Halo 3/2A

I like her in Halo 1 with the original graphics because I thought her *short bob cut was kind of cute. But Halo 4 I think has the best looking version of Cortana. Extremely expressive and I liked that she had a more realistic body shape. Although, I’ve always found her walking around naked to be a little weird. Especially since every A.I. we’ve seen since her has had clothes of some kind.

I liked Reclaimer Cortana’s BA shoulder pads in 5 though.

*edit: actually, now that I look at her Halo 1 hair again it looks more like she has a layered page haircut. Although, imo, Halo 4 Cortana’s bob cut looks best.

> 2533274852968937;1:
> Been watching through some old Halo videos and jumping in and out of games.
>
> I really like Cortanas look in Halo 4 and thought it was spot on. However I really hate the grafted video of a real person in Halo 5 and think this was a big factor in my lack of enjoyment and lack of feeling involved.
>
> What do you guys think? Did Halo 5 go too far and was 4 the best?

Halo 5’s felt very comforting and inviting.

Glad to see I am not alone in my thoughts. Fingers crossed this iteration goes in Halo 6. It’s more like somebody doing Cosplay than it is Cortana

> 2535455873256264;5:
> > 2533274852968937;1:
> > Been watching through some old Halo videos and jumping in and out of games.
> >
> > I really like Cortanas look in Halo 4 and thought it was spot on. However I really hate the grafted video of a real person in Halo 5 and think this was a big factor in my lack of enjoyment and lack of feeling involved.
> >
> > What do you guys think? Did Halo 5 go too far and was 4 the best?
>
> Halo 5’s felt very comforting and inviting.

I disagree with scrubbernaut10’s statement. Cortana’s look in halo 4 was spot on and shouldn’t have been changed. I have 3 ideas why her look changed.

  1. 343 wanted her to look more human.
  2. they wanted to remind us that she has changed and she is the villain now.
  3. they change her look in every game.

> 2535452245798393;7:
> > 2535455873256264;5:
> > > 2533274852968937;1:
> > > Been watching through some old Halo videos and jumping in and out of games.
> > >
> > > I really like Cortanas look in Halo 4 and thought it was spot on. However I really hate the grafted video of a real person in Halo 5 and think this was a big factor in my lack of enjoyment and lack of feeling involved.
> > >
> > > What do you guys think? Did Halo 5 go too far and was 4 the best?
> >
> > Halo 5’s felt very comforting and inviting.
>
> I disagree with scrubbernaut10’s statement. Cortana’s look in halo 4 was spot on and shouldn’t have been changed. I have 3 ideas why her look changed.
> 1) 343 wanted her to look more human.
> 2) they wanted to remind us that she has changed and she is the villain now.
> 3) they change her look in every game.

Umm, you are not addressing a crowd. You are addressing me, so you don’t have to say my name…or should I say UNSC Say My Name. (bad joke.) Anyway, thanks for telling me why you think they changed the looks. Now tell me why you disagree.

> 2535455873256264;8:
> > 2535452245798393;7:
> > > 2535455873256264;5:
> > > > 2533274852968937;1:
> > > > Been watching through some old Halo videos and jumping in and out of games.
> > > >
> > > > I really like Cortanas look in Halo 4 and thought it was spot on. However I really hate the grafted video of a real person in Halo 5 and think this was a big factor in my lack of enjoyment and lack of feeling involved.
> > > >
> > > > What do you guys think? Did Halo 5 go too far and was 4 the best?
> > >
> > > Halo 5’s felt very comforting and inviting.
> >
> > I disagree with scrubbernaut10’s statement. Cortana’s look in halo 4 was spot on and shouldn’t have been changed. I have 3 ideas why her look changed.
> > 1) 343 wanted her to look more human.
> > 2) they wanted to remind us that she has changed and she is the villain now.
> > 3) they change her look in every game.
>
> Umm, you are not addressing a crowd. You are addressing me, so you don’t have to say my name…or should I say UNSC Say My Name. (bad joke.) Anyway, thanks for telling me why you think they changed the looks. Now tell me why you disagree.

I disagree with your statement about Cortana’s look because we all have different opinions do I really have to give you a logical reason to just having different opinions? to me she doesn’t look inviting and conforting she looks menacing and unpleasant. why are you always shooting down all of my comments?

You say that Halo 5’s Cortana was bad because of facial capture technology? Halo 4’s Cortana (your self-proclaimed favorite) also used facial capture; Halo 4’s Cortana also used “grafted video of a real person”, as you put it.

Halo CE.

I really dislike her look in the new halos, just my opinion.

I think Halo 3’s version was the best. Though I did like what they did in Halo 4 too.
While Halo 5 Cortana is okay, something about it felt off compared to Halo 4.
It’s not a big complaint though.

My personal favorite is from Halo 4. I thought the job Makenzie Mason did was fantastic, by far the most expressive and “human” Cortana.

Halo 2 Anniversary FTW

Halo 4 for me

Halo ce

Halo 4 Cortana for sure. Halo 4s ending wouldn’t have felt the same if it were an older model or the H2A model.

I like the Halo 5 look. It feels different because it should. This is not the same Cortana (for better or worse) but we’re talking art style here.

That said, hands down Halo 4.

Short Hair cortana was best Cortana.