Cortana is still alive

I haven’t seen any other threads or comments about this, so here you go.

Go to about 1:53/54 in the video and pause. The AI core contains all the “souls” of people composed and pulled into the ship/slipspace portal from New Phoenix. It’s not impossible to believe that female figure rising out in the middle of all of them is a certain someone also stowed away within the ships systems before its end. During her final convo with the Chief you could see she was no longer unstable and seemed like she was crying, uncharacteristically human even for her. Both of those would imply she’d reached Metastability: that she’d become a fully emotional and complete organism with an infinite lifespan.

The only alternative would be that its an AI of the Librarian, but that doesn’t seem likely considering the cores origins and contents… Thoughts anyone?

There’s no way Cortana is dead, I have not watched any links or read this, but, she aint dead in my opinion.

I never thought she was dead/gone. The Librarian snatched her up, who knows what they talked about or what she did to her. The Didact seemed to be very interested in her, he referred to her as an evolved ancilla. Which struck me as strange seeing as he is the big and powerful and ultra advanced Didact…why would he see Cortana as evolved? I mean comparing the Chief to the Didact, the Chief is primitive. I would just assume the Didact see us, our weaponry, our space craft, etc all as inferior to Forerunner tech…

I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Cortana.

Here is a very large thread all about Cortana and her role in Halo 4.

I am sure your insight on the subject will be greatly appreciated

> I never thought she was dead/gone. The Librarian snatched her up, who knows what they talked about or what she did to her. The Didact seemed to be very interested in her, he referred to her as an evolved ancilla. Which struck me as strange seeing as he is the big and powerful and ultra advanced Didact…why would he see Cortana as evolved? I mean comparing the Chief to the Didact, the Chief is primitive. I would just assume the Didact see us, our weaponry, our space craft, etc all as inferior to Forerunner tech…
>
> I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Cortana.

Agree on all of this, but I also never for one moment thought she was dead, what surprises me is how many think she is.

> Here is a very large thread all about Cortana and her role in Halo 4.
>
> I am sure your insight on the subject will be greatly appreciated

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll be sure to look into it.

I doubt she’s dead.

I mean, in Halo 2 she got left behind and the Chief went back to get her in Halo 3, right?

I reckon it will be the same case scenario as when you go to pull out her data chip it gets destroyed right? I think she is probably still lost somewhere in the network.

That’s what I think anyway.

I always believe she wasn’t and all,but…lets try to not discuss about it and keep our hype to the maximum level and see what happens in halo 5 :slight_smile:

> I always believe she wasn’t and all,but…lets try to not discuss about it and keep our hype to the maximum level and see what happens in halo 5 :slight_smile:

Definitely, although I believe she’s not dead or gone I’m keen to see how the story goes.

She better not be dead lol,

> I doubt she’s dead.
>
> I mean, in Halo 2 she got left behind and the Chief went back to get her in Halo 3, right?
>
> I reckon it will be the same case scenario as when you go to pull out her data chip it gets destroyed right? I think she is probably still lost somewhere in the network.
>
> That’s what I think anyway.

You do realize we blew the Didact’s ship up with a nuke, right?

Of course she still is alive. She’s one of Halo’s main characters for crying out loud. I think that Halo 5 will loosely be based on the Chief trying to find Cortana or something like that.

> > I doubt she’s dead.
> >
> > I mean, in Halo 2 she got left behind and the Chief went back to get her in Halo 3, right?
> >
> > I reckon it will be the same case scenario as when you go to pull out her data chip it gets destroyed right? I think she is probably still lost somewhere in the network.
> >
> > That’s what I think anyway.
>
> You do realize we blew the Didact’s ship up with a nuke, right?

You never know. Halo pulls of some of the weirdest things.

SAVE CORTY

again

> You do realize we blew the Didact’s ship up with a nuke, right?

The thing is all the people from New Phoenix were sucked into the ship too, and they made it to Requiem. Implying that there’s some massive cloud storage system the Forerunners have going on. (Domain probably) If a bunch of helpless civilians could make it I’d assume an advanced AI like Cortana could find an escape route and tag along.

I really hope she is,she was mighty annoying on H3 with the whole slowing you down parts and her constant whining, and H4 fared no better.

I really hope she is gone.

I have a new theory for you all, in the campaign when cortana gets abducted by the librarian, you have to go find her, you leave that room without her chip as far as i remember. Later she appears at another terminal, how did her chip get into that terminal without you taking it?

Please refer to…

Time 44:45- 45:30

I’m not concerned if she’s dead or not.

I’m more concerned with the potential explanation if they bring her back.

Well this is a possibility. Let’s see what happens shall we?

The story of 5 is most likely going to be along the lines of Cortana being left in 2 and 3.

> I really hope she is,she was mighty annoying on H3 with the whole slowing you down parts and her constant whining, and H4 fared no better.
>
> I really hope she is gone.

Honestly I don’t think it’s that big of a deal in halo 4, but yeah in halo 3 she was annoying. At least in 4 it’s much more deep, and doesn’t slow you down.