Cortana info

this is very interesting
THIS IS JUST FOR MODELING NOT VOICE WORK

> Hi guys, thought I’d post this here (after some initial pause for fear of perhaps being called a stalker…!). I’ve had these links saved to cross-check in the future (that’s now I suppose).
>
> Anyway, forgive my terrible memory, but last year after E3, the following images were posted by someone over at the IGN (I think, might be wrong) forums:
>
> http://i51.tinypic.com/11w3uhc.jpg - Read the status update the girl posted, just below centre.
>
> http://i.imgur.com/W15st.jpg - Here’s a pic the guy posted of her as well.
>
> So upon viewing the Halo 4 video the other day, I couldn’t help but think that the nose twitchy in-game model, is this lady, and is therefore a cleverly-disguised first glimpse of Cortana in Halo 4. :slight_smile:
>
> Gif courtesy of Plywood from Neogaf (apologies if someone else, again, terrible memory):
> http://h9.abload.de/img/gif730lhw.gif
>
> Here’s another picture of the model/actress, which I feel will really get across that the gif is her:
> http://i.imgur.com/x5nn0.jpg
>
> So yeah, a nice first glimpse of just how detailed Cortana will be when addressing you and stuff. :slight_smile:

ViDoc Model
Actress compare

EDIT: So she’s just serving as a model?

I see a resemblance, but I wish I didn’t.

not bumping just wanted to add while not distracting from the original post this is pretty cool imagine the detail of Cortana and her snickering at you.

> Is Jen Taylor voicing Cortana? Who were the woman and man in the motion capture part of the Halo 4 video? –Jedi Otter
>
> The man and woman in the video were incredibly talented actors. Their roles in Halo 4 are pivotal and essential to the story we’re telling, but we’ll talk more about those and other actors in the future. I think Halo fans will be calm and happy about our casting, including MP V/O, but we’re not revealing more at this time.

> EDIT: So she’s just serving as a model?

yes that would be correct a mocap model used for looks only . As far -Yoink- we cant tell Franks been hint at Jen being back for Halo 4 On Gaf so i would be worried either its Jen or sound exactly like her. Similar to Harley quin in Batman Arkham City, (which IMO sound exactly the same)

This IS interesting. I have to say that they both seem to look quite a bit like each other. I wander what the purpose would be of concealing Cortana’s appearance from the community though. She isn’t exactly a faceless hero or surprise addition to the story.

I am really mad if this is true!

Voice work and body/mocap acting are not the same, folks.

> I see a resemblance, but I wish I didn’t.

Why??? she look perfectly fine and you can mold it to better look like cortana. And if you say shes not pretty your pretty blind there dude.

Why can’t they just keep the look of Cortana the same?

> Voice work and body/mocap acting are not the same, folks.

So all she is doing is modeling? O ok that makes me feel a whole lot better.

So if she is the new voice talent for Cortana then she just went and spouted it to every one on facebook. great sounds like a “keeper” super sarcastically/rolling of the eyes

> Why can’t they just keep the look of Cortana the same?

Because the same reason they use mocap for any game. They will keep her looking Like cortana in the game. The wrinkle test was just a test, the finished product will have the full cortana look. Mocap is used to give a greater feel of realism.

> > Why can’t they just keep the look of Cortana the same?
>
> Because the same reason they use mocap for any game they will keep here looking the same the wrinkle was just a test finished product will have the full cortana look. Mocap is used to five a greater feel of realism.

I suppose, I just fear that 343i will do an overhaul of Cortana’s looks for no reason. Cortana has an established look, it needs no changing.

That girl is very good looking, so I gotta say that I approve of their choice!

> > > Why can’t they just keep the look of Cortana the same?
> >
> > Because the same reason they use mocap for any game they will keep here looking the same the wrinkle was just a test finished product will have the full cortana look. Mocap is used to five a greater feel of realism.
>
> I suppose, I just fear that 343i will do an overhaul of Cortana’s looks for no reason. Cortana has an established look, it needs no changing.

you understand that they can use Mocap to get the fluid movement of basic skeletal structure and still keep cortana exactly the way she looked in the past game but with a better more realistic movement. And can mod every thing from appearance to anything really. And to a comparison she looks very similar to cortana.

> > > > Why can’t they just keep the look of Cortana the same?
> > >
> > > Because the same reason they use mocap for any game they will keep here looking the same the wrinkle was just a test finished product will have the full cortana look. Mocap is used to five a greater feel of realism.
> >
> > I suppose, I just fear that 343i will do an overhaul of Cortana’s looks for no reason. Cortana has an established look, it needs no changing.
>
> you understand that they can use Mocap to get the fluid movement of basic skeletal structure and still keep cortana exactly the way she looked in the past game but with a better more realistic movement. And can mod every thing from appearance to anything really. And to a comparison she looks very similar to cortana.

Yes, thats pretty much what I just said.

> > > > > Why can’t they just keep the look of Cortana the same?
> > > >
> > > > Because the same reason they use mocap for any game they will keep here looking the same the wrinkle was just a test finished product will have the full cortana look. Mocap is used to five a greater feel of realism.
> > >
> > > I suppose, I just fear that 343i will do an overhaul of Cortana’s looks for no reason. Cortana has an established look, it needs no changing.
> >
> > you understand that they can use Mocap to get the fluid movement of basic skeletal structure and still keep cortana exactly the way she looked in the past game but with a better more realistic movement. And can mod every thing from appearance to anything really. And to a comparison she looks very similar to cortana.
>
> Yes, thats pretty much what I just said.

Sorry i admit i misinterpreted what you meant. I think 343 is smart enough to know that doing any drastic changes would be smart this model it just to give a more realistic feel to the character that hasn’t been there in the past halo game.

Kellykellykellykellykellykellykellykellykellykellykelly!

> > I see a resemblance, but I wish I didn’t.
>
> Why??? she look perfectly fine and you can mold it to better look like cortana. And if you say shes not pretty your pretty blind there dude.

Not what I meant.