Cortana in flesh and bone?

Sorry if you guys already discussed this or if I am missing something on the Halo canon but…

What if the composer was just a remote tool for a complex system?

For example:

Composer digitalizes living beings and send the data through subspace communication to a shield planet base to manufacture those promethean bodies.

I know what happened to the composer by the end of Halo 4 but what if it already has scanned Cortana “bits” and sent the data for a base to “manufacture” her a body?

Just wondering…

You did pay attention to the Librarian saying turning digital life organic led to abominations, correct? In other words, it doesn’t work. Nor is there evidence that it scanned her data at all. She was in the ships systems, but was destroyed with the ship after the nuke went off.

Composer was ment to give organic life immortality but just makes “robotic life” devoid of personality there were/are more than one composer and the rest likely built to make more Prometheus knights to fight the flood. it is possible it may have multiple functions but it cant make cortanna alive.

aside from the she wasnt in the composer but didacts ship and 99% of her got nuked with the1% saving chief shes not coming back. unless a dux ex machina happens shes gone. she was never alive to begin with, shes a machine. it be bad storytelling on 343s part if shes revived in any manner. let the dead stay dead.

Whether it’s possible canonically or not, I’m not sure if I’d be okay with that …

> 2533274812652989;2:
> You did pay attention to the Librarian saying turning digital life organic led to abominations, correct? In other words, it doesn’t work. Nor is there evidence that it scanned her data at all. She was in the ships systems, but was destroyed with the ship after the nuke went off.

I know, but maybe Cortana’s architecture prevents her from becoming an abomination or what she did spliting her personality into Didact’s ship fixed that. She was in ship but who can garantee that the Composer works by itself and was not connected to the ship’s systems?

> 2533274870591903;3:
> Composer was ment to give organic life immortality but just makes “robotic life” devoid of personality there were/are more than one composer and the rest likely built to make more Prometheus knights to fight the flood. it is possible it may have multiple functions but it cant make cortanna alive.
>
> aside from the she wasnt in the composer but didacts ship and 99% of her got nuked with the1% saving chief shes not coming back. unless a dux ex machina happens shes gone. she was never alive to begin with, shes a machine. it be bad storytelling on 343s part if shes revived in any manner. let the dead stay dead.

Again, what if all I’ve mentioned above changed wow the Composer works? Specialy Cortana spliting her personality into the ships systems! What if she can actually manipulate the composer?

I know everything was nuked but if in Halo 5, Chief is going after her, the composer MUST have sent her data through subspace to somehere right before the explosion, or at least 99% of her.

Human brain work on data, just like any other machine it is just WAY (put a huge enphasis on the word “way”) MORE ADVANCED.Both organic and non-organic work with electrical pulses.

Otherwise, what Chief is chasing after all? Why UNSC would send someone after him? He already showed some insubordination to the Infinity captain and saved the world once more. Maybe he is chasing where Cortana data was sent.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> Whether it’s possible canonically or not, I’m not sure if I’d be okay with that …

Me neither. But Halo 4 ending showed an unecessary human side of her, an unecessary “casi-romance” beetweeen her and the Chief. I would prefer she 100% digital but free from rampancy.

Cortana did say “most of me is down there” as in she is still in the busted up composer. She may have been able to figure that system out and create herself organic. I think that would be cool. She would be like the new Dr. Halsey and work on the new batch of Spartan and play with MC in her down time haha.
The other way I could see this swinging is she could try to become organic and become this super knight. A deadly forerunner created with her rampant brilliant mind creating an enemy MC will struggle to fix both because of who she was to him and her physical superiority.

In a way, there already is a Cortana in flesh and bone. She is a digital clone of Catherine Halsey.

> 2533274793868414;5:
> > 2533274812652989;2:
> > You did pay attention to the Librarian saying turning digital life organic led to abominations, correct? In other words, it doesn’t work. Nor is there evidence that it scanned her data at all. She was in the ships systems, but was destroyed with the ship after the nuke went off.
>
>
> I know, but maybe Cortana’s architecture prevents her from becoming an abomination or what she did spliting her personality into Didact’s ship fixed that. She was in ship but who can garantee that the Composer works by itself and was not connected to the ship’s systems?

Given that Cortana was created in a similar way to how the Composer makes AIs, ie organic matter turned digital (a fact noted by Halsey in a terminal in the level “Composer”), that would only doom her to a fate of an abomination even more.

> 2533274812652989;8:
> > 2533274793868414;5:
> > > 2533274812652989;2:
> > > You did pay attention to the Librarian saying turning digital life organic led to abominations, correct? In other words, it doesn’t work. Nor is there evidence that it scanned her data at all. She was in the ships systems, but was destroyed with the ship after the nuke went off.
> >
> >
> > I know, but maybe Cortana’s architecture prevents her from becoming an abomination or what she did spliting her personality into Didact’s ship fixed that. She was in ship but who can garantee that the Composer works by itself and was not connected to the ship’s systems?
>
>
> Given that Cortana was created in a similar way to Prometheans, ie organic matter turned digital (a fact noted by Halsey in a terminal in the level “Composer”), that would only doom her to a fate of an abomination even more.

Yup yup yup, the more reasons there are for Cortana never to be incarnated, the better. Unless the abomination causes the resurrection of the Flood. That was a joke, if they do any of this, I will never pick up Halo again

But you guys agree that the composer sent her data somewhere, right? So, in Halo 5, she will be flesh and bone or the greatest abomination ever or just a non-rampant AI hosted on an ancient Forerunner smartphone.

> 2533274793868414;10:
> But you guys agree that the composer sent her data somewhere, right? So, in Halo 5, she will be flesh and bone or the greatest abomination ever or just a non-rampant AI hosted on an ancient Forerunner smartphone.

Um, no, I don’t agree that the Composer sent her data somewhere given that there is no evidence of such an event taking place.

Well Spartan Ops did show that the residents of New Phoenix were beamed to Requiem so your speculation is not without some merit.

> 2533274812652989;11:
> > 2533274793868414;10:
> > But you guys agree that the composer sent her data somewhere, right? So, in Halo 5, she will be flesh and bone or the greatest abomination ever or just a non-rampant AI hosted on an ancient Forerunner smartphone.
>
>
> Um, no, I don’t agree that the Composer sent her data somewhere given that there is no evidence of such an event taking place.

Ok, sorry again if I am missing something, so, if Cortana is gone, what would the Chief be chasing? Forerunner stuff? To me he is searching for Cortana. He found some clues to where to find her again.

Just like the first trilogy, MC loses Cortana > MC searches for Cortana > MC finds Cortana while ocasionally saving mankind :smiley:

> 2533274851684756;12:
> Well Spartan Ops did show that the residents of New Phoenix were beamed to Requiem so your speculation is not without some merit.

Yes, it would make no sense to have a Composer that digitalize stuff and do nothing with the digitalized data. It is just the tip of the iceberg. Just the remote piece of the whole mecanism.

If Cortana was human then I would love to see her in some badass -Yoink!- Spartan armor. xD

> 2533274851684756;12:
> Well Spartan Ops did show that the residents of New Phoenix were beamed to Requiem so your speculation is not without some merit.

Actually no…the Composer stored the digitized essences of New Phoenix’s residents in the Composer’s Abyss, which is on Installation 03 - where Ivanoff Station was built so scientists could study the original Composer that was found there.

Also Cortana was never digitized by the Composer or anything of the sort. Firstly, the Composer takes organic lifeforms and processes them into low-functioning AIs; Cortana is already an AI, and as seen in the very scene where the Didact uses the device on the people on Ivanoff, the Composer does not work on her. Secondly, she was in the systems of the Didact’s ship, the Mantle’s Approach, but never actually interacted with the Composer itself. She attempted to use her rampant and fragmented data to clog the ships systems and hamper the Didact’s progress, but was ultimately unable to stop him from powering up and using the machine.

> 2533274793868414;13:
> > 2533274812652989;11:
> > > 2533274793868414;10:
> > > But you guys agree that the composer sent her data somewhere, right? So, in Halo 5, she will be flesh and bone or the greatest abomination ever or just a non-rampant AI hosted on an ancient Forerunner smartphone.
> >
> >
> > Um, no, I don’t agree that the Composer sent her data somewhere given that there is no evidence of such an event taking place.
>
>
> Ok, sorry again if I am missing something, so, if Cortana is gone, what would the Chief be chasing? Forerunner stuff? To me he is searching for Cortana. He found some clues to where to find her again.
>
> Just like the first trilogy, MC loses Cortana > MC searches for Cortana > MC finds Cortana while ocasionally saving mankind :smiley:

The last we saw the Chief (‘Escalation’ issues #8-10), he had absolutely no qualms over the finality of Cortana’s death and was persuing other objectives alongside his Spartan-II teammates. There’s been absolutely nothing to suggest he’s off risking the lives of his team, and humanity at large, just to recreate a dead AI (who told him herself any kind of recreation would be a farce anyway). We also have absolutely zero evidence that Cortana survived the destruction of the Mantle’s Approach in any capacity whatsoever. We still have no idea why the Chief is missing, but “Forerunner stuff” is by far the more likely option as to what he’s seeking (if he’s actually looking for anything at all - again, we don’t know).

Also you’ve got the entire first trilogy backwards. It’s always been MC saves humanity first and foremost, while hanging on to his AI helper when reasonably possible. ‘Halo 4’ also follows this pattern.

> 2533274920039666;17:
> > 2533274793868414;13:
> > > 2533274812652989;11:
> > > > 2533274793868414;10:
> > > > But you guys agree that the composer sent her data somewhere, right? So, in Halo 5, she will be flesh and bone or the greatest abomination ever or just a non-rampant AI hosted on an ancient Forerunner smartphone.
> > >
> > >
> > > Um, no, I don’t agree that the Composer sent her data somewhere given that there is no evidence of such an event taking place.
> >
> >
> > Ok, sorry again if I am missing something, so, if Cortana is gone, what would the Chief be chasing? Forerunner stuff? To me he is searching for Cortana. He found some clues to where to find her again.
> >
> > Just like the first trilogy, MC loses Cortana > MC searches for Cortana > MC finds Cortana while ocasionally saving mankind :smiley:
>
>
> The last we saw the Chief (‘Escalation’ issues #8-10), he had absolutely no qualms over the finality of Cortana’s death and was persuing other objectives alongside his Spartan-II teammates. There’s been absolutely nothing to suggest he’s off risking the lives of his team, and humanity at large, just to recreate a dead AI (who told him herself any kind of recreation would be a farce anyway). We also have absolutely zero evidence that Cortana survived the destruction of the Mantle’s Approach in any capacity whatsoever. We still have no idea why the Chief is missing, but “Forerunner stuff” is by far the more likely option as to what he’s seeking (if he’s actually looking for anything at all - again, we don’t know).
>
> Also you’ve got the entire first trilogy backwards. It’s always been MC saves humanity first and foremost, while hanging on to his AI helper when reasonably possible. ‘Halo 4’ also follows this pattern.

I think you didn’t get the joke about MC-Cortana relationship being the primary plot :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274920039666;16:
> > 2533274851684756;12:
> > Well Spartan Ops did show that the residents of New Phoenix were beamed to Requiem so your speculation is not without some merit.
>
>
> Actually no…the Composer stored the digitized essences of New Phoenix’s residents in the Composer’s Abyss, which is on Installation 03 - where Ivanoff Station was built so scientists could study the original Composer that was found there.
>
> Also Cortana was never digitized by the Composer or anything of the sort. Firstly, the Composer takes organic lifeforms and processes them into low-functioning AIs; Cortana is already an AI, and as seen in the very scene where the Didact uses the device on the people on Ivanoff, the Composer does not work on her. Secondly, she was in the systems of the Didact’s ship, the Mantle’s Approach, but never actually interacted with the Composer itself. She attempted to use her rampant and fragmented data to clog the ships systems and hamper the Didact’s progress, but was ultimately unable to stop him from powering up and using the machine.

But, if the composer digitalizes organic beings and handles only “low-funcioning AIs”, what if Cortana managed to, through Mantle’s Aproach systems, use the Composer storage, handling and beaming system to beam itself to elsewhere? Is it plausible?

The composer digitalize organic, so can’t digitalize what is already digital but she was IN THERE, inside the the ships systems connected to the composer already.

> 2533274793868414;18:
> But, if the composer digitalizes organic beings and handles only “low-funcioning AIs”, what if Cortana managed to, through Mantle’s Aproach systems, use the Composer storage, handling and beaming system to beam itself to elsewhere? Is it plausible?
>
> The composer digitalize organic, so can’t digitalize what is already digital but she was IN THERE, inside the the ships systems connected to the composer already.

Suffice to say, no that’s not possible. One, as I already said she was not able to gain access to the Composer itself, just the Mantle’s Approach - the two pieces of equipment are separate things (hence why they couldn’t shut the Composer down once it started up). Two, an AI, let alone a rampant one, cannot exist indefinitely in a partitioned state. In fact based on what we know about AIs this would only accelerate their deterioration. Also AIs are acutely aware when a section of their “whole self” has been separated from their core matrix (this is noted in Dr. Halsey’s personal journal). Cortana says herself she “only held enough power back” to shield the Chief from the nuke’s blast. If she had done anything to attempt to save herself (which from a storytelling standpoint also takes away from the nobility of her sacrifice), why would she have not told the Chief about it rather than saying her final goodbyes? It simply makes no sense.

> 2533274920039666;16:
> > 2533274851684756;12:
> > Well Spartan Ops did show that the residents of New Phoenix were beamed to Requiem so your speculation is not without some merit.
>
>
> Actually no…the Composer stored the digitized essences of New Phoenix’s residents in the Composer’s Abyss, which is on Installation 03 - where Ivanoff Station was built so scientists could study the original Composer that was found there.
>
> Also Cortana was never digitized by the Composer or anything of the sort. Firstly, the Composer takes organic lifeforms and processes them into low-functioning AIs; Cortana is already an AI, and as seen in the very scene where the Didact uses the device on the people on Ivanoff, the Composer does not work on her. Secondly, she was in the systems of the Didact’s ship, the Mantle’s Approach, but never actually interacted with the Composer itself. She attempted to use her rampant and fragmented data to clog the ships systems and hamper the Didact’s progress, but was ultimately unable to stop him from powering up and using the machine.

I remember the “souls” were in the relic that was obtained on requiem. At no point does Spartan ops take place near installation 3.