Cortana, H5 and Where H6 needs to Go.

After going back and playing halo 4 I was reminded that Cortana is the only AI that was created using human DNA. This COULD BE incredibly important for Halo 6. By now most of know what goes on in H5. Cortana is nuts. We assume its just rampancy. Additionally more than a fair share of people were/are disappointed in the story.
This is where the DNA part comes into play. In my opinon what needs to happen with the story for H6 is that We find out that the Gravemind had in fact corrupted Cortana. This makes the Gravemind responsible. This also gives an excuse to bring back the Flood. I highly doubt anybody enjoyed Cortana going psycho. So this should be the basic plot for 6 with even possibly bring the Didact into it as well either by the Gravemind infecting the Didact or Vice Versa. It is my opinion that this MUST be the story for H6.
By doing this it does three things

• It explains Cortana’s behavior making her the victim and not the antagonist. - It brings back 1 or possibly 2 major villains with good explanation especially the Flood. Everybody enjoyed killing them. - It wraps up all 6 MC games into one nice package. Before starting on a completely new story and or new characters.I feel like anything other than this will cause H6 to be a failure. It should be obvious that H5 was disappointing both in story and in Sales and continuing with the same current story as is will help it.

Sidenote: The also need to get rid of the abominations known as Spartan charge and jet pack Boost.

Cortana and Master Chief should both die and disappear from Halo once and for all.Looking on Halo 4 and 5 they have become boring and overused characters.Master Chief fighting thousands of enemies with no break and he is never hurt or exhausted from mission after mission,he never takes his helmet off and has no social interaction,barely speaks anything.And his luck,his luck always saves him from impossible situations,its so unrealistic.Cortana also is ruined as she died and now she is alive and evil and her looks changed and now she may even become physical being and what not.They were cool in the first trilogy but now what they became and their awkward relationship,it just ruined their characters imo.

> 2533274951753761;2:
> Cortana and Master Chief should both die and disappear from Halo once and for all.Looking on Halo 4 and 5 they have become boring and overused characters.Master Chief fighting thousands of enemies with no break and he is never hurt or exhausted from mission after mission,he never takes his helmet off and has no social interaction,barely speaks anything.And his luck,his luck always saves him from impossible situations,its so unrealistic.Cortana also is ruined as she died and now she is alive and evil and her looks changed and now she may even become physical being and what not.They were cool in the first trilogy but now what they became and their awkward relationship,it just ruined their characters imo.

Dude, Its science fiction so realism is not even a consideration. But I will address it, you may or may not know MC was for lack of a better explanation has been genetically enhanced. Basically making him equal to Captain America. So him recovering is easily explained. As for him and Cortana dying? Do you know how many fans MC has? One of the MAJOR complaints is that players didn’t get to play as MC very much. So they can’t just kill him But they could set it up for him to be declared MIA at the end of H6. I personally think they could do this to end his story and start a whole new series with new characters, a spin-off series as it were. But they can’t just kill him. It would infuriate the fanbase.

> 2533274825101441;3:
> > 2533274951753761;2:
> > Cortana and Master Chief should both die and disappear from Halo once and for all.Looking on Halo 4 and 5 they have become boring and overused characters.Master Chief fighting thousands of enemies with no break and he is never hurt or exhausted from mission after mission,he never takes his helmet off and has no social interaction,barely speaks anything.And his luck,his luck always saves him from impossible situations,its so unrealistic.Cortana also is ruined as she died and now she is alive and evil and her looks changed and now she may even become physical being and what not.They were cool in the first trilogy but now what they became and their awkward relationship,it just ruined their characters imo.
>
> Dude, Its science fiction so realism is not even a consideration. But I will address it, you may or may not know MC was for lack of a better explanation has been genetically enhanced. Basically making him equal to Captain America. So him recovering is easily explained. As for him and Cortana dying? Do you know how many fans MC has? One of the MAJOR complaints is that players didn’t get to play as MC very much. So they can’t just kill him But they could set it up for him to be declared MIA at the end of H6. I personally think they could do this to end his story and start a whole new series with new characters, a spin-off series as it were. But they can’t just kill him. It would infuriate the fanbase.

Ok dont kill him,he can be immortal and live forever but end his story that is the best thing to do and move on with new characters in Halo games

> 2533274825101441;1:
> In my opinon what needs to happen with the story for H6 is that We find out that the Gravemind had in fact corrupted Cortana. This makes the Gravemind responsible. This also gives an excuse to bring back the Flood. I highly doubt anybody enjoyed Cortana going psycho. So this should be the basic plot for 6 with even possibly bring the Didact into it as well either by the Gravemind infecting the Didact or Vice Versa. It is my opinion that this MUST be the story for H6.

I concur! I never liked the idea of Cortana turning rampant and attempting to take over the galaxy, but this is a clever way turning the story around. Making the Gravemind responsible would make it the primary antagonist and give us a reason to fight against the flood again.

I don’t think Master Chief should die, though, and I don’t think he should be replaced as the main character. If they want a new main character, they should start a spin off series like ODST or Reach.

> 2535447940912902;5:
> > 2533274825101441;1:
> > In my opinon what needs to happen with the story for H6 is that We find out that the Gravemind had in fact corrupted Cortana. This makes the Gravemind responsible. This also gives an excuse to bring back the Flood. I highly doubt anybody enjoyed Cortana going psycho. So this should be the basic plot for 6 with even possibly bring the Didact into it as well either by the Gravemind infecting the Didact or Vice Versa. It is my opinion that this MUST be the story for H6.
>
> I concur! I never liked the idea of Cortana turning rampant and attempting to take over the galaxy, but this is a clever way turning the story around. Making the Gravemind responsible would make it the primary antagonist and give us a reason to fight against the flood again.
>
> I don’t think Master Chief should die, though, and I don’t think he should be replaced as the main character. If they want a new main character, they should start a spin off series like ODST or Reach.

I agree. I would Love to See Buck as he currently is (a spartan) have a new game. I’m aware of ODST, But he was not a spartan at that time. I really didn’t like that game either. But him spouting off one liners like Deadpool would be great for a new halo game.

> 2533274825101441;3:
> > 2533274951753761;2:
> > Cortana and Master Chief should both die and disappear from Halo once and for all.Looking on Halo 4 and 5 they have become boring and overused characters.Master Chief fighting thousands of enemies with no break and he is never hurt or exhausted from mission after mission,he never takes his helmet off and has no social interaction,barely speaks anything.And his luck,his luck always saves him from impossible situations,its so unrealistic.Cortana also is ruined as she died and now she is alive and evil and her looks changed and now she may even become physical being and what not.They were cool in the first trilogy but now what they became and their awkward relationship,it just ruined their characters imo.
>
> Dude, Its science fiction so realism is not even a consideration. But I will address it, you may or may not know MC was for lack of a better explanation has been genetically enhanced. Basically making him equal to Captain America. So him recovering is easily explained. As for him and Cortana dying? Do you know how many fans MC has? One of the MAJOR complaints is that players didn’t get to play as MC very much. So they can’t just kill him But they could set it up for him to be declared MIA at the end of H6. I personally think they could do this to end his story and start a whole new series with new characters, a spin-off series as it were. But they can’t just kill him. It would infuriate the fanbase.

I would waaaaay rather have him killed then go MIA…again. You realize the whole point of them going back to master chiefs story is because he was listed MIA in the first place at the end of halo 3. And I know not everyone one agrees, but it’s very clear to me that master chiefs story is ruined imo. Even after halo 4 I thought this, let alone the abomination that is 5.

> 2533274870124097;7:
> > 2533274825101441;3:
> > > 2533274951753761;2:
> > > Cortana and Master Chief should both die and disappear from Halo once and for all.Looking on Halo 4 and 5 they have become boring and overused characters.Master Chief fighting thousands of enemies with no break and he is never hurt or exhausted from mission after mission,he never takes his helmet off and has no social interaction,barely speaks anything.And his luck,his luck always saves him from impossible situations,its so unrealistic.Cortana also is ruined as she died and now she is alive and evil and her looks changed and now she may even become physical being and what not.They were cool in the first trilogy but now what they became and their awkward relationship,it just ruined their characters imo.
> >
> > Dude, Its science fiction so realism is not even a consideration. But I will address it, you may or may not know MC was for lack of a better explanation has been genetically enhanced. Basically making him equal to Captain America. So him recovering is easily explained. As for him and Cortana dying? Do you know how many fans MC has? One of the MAJOR complaints is that players didn’t get to play as MC very much. So they can’t just kill him But they could set it up for him to be declared MIA at the end of H6. I personally think they could do this to end his story and start a whole new series with new characters, a spin-off series as it were. But they can’t just kill him. It would infuriate the fanbase.
>
> I would waaaaay rather have him killed then go MIA…again. You realize the whole point of them going back to master chiefs story is because he was listed MIA in the first place at the end of halo 3. And I know not everyone one agrees, but it’s very clear to me that master chiefs story is ruined imo. Even after halo 4 I thought this, let alone the abomination that is 5.

More then everything his new ugly armor has ruined Master Chief

Cortana wasn’t the first AI made from human DNA. All AI are made from donated brain tissue from deceased donors. Cortana differs in that Dr. Halsey cloned her brain and used living brain tissue. Not sure that matters, but it’s a clarification.

Also, the idea that Cortana should be the victim again frustrates me. She is so much more than a character that needs to be rescued. She deserves better than perpetual victimhood. The Gravemind tried to break her, but it failed. She almost succumbed to rampancy, but she resisted and died on her own terms protecting the person she cared about. Making her the Gravemind’s victim again or the Didact’s victim robs her of the development she earned as a character. To me, it’s insulting to her legacy.

> 2533274812652989;9:
> Cortana wasn’t the first AI made from human DNA. All AI are made from donated brain tissue from deceased donors. Cortana differs in that Dr. Halsey cloned her brain and used living brain tissue. Not sure that matters, but it’s a clarification.
>
> Also, the idea that Cortana should be the victim again frustrates me. She is so much more than a character that needs to be rescued. She deserves better than perpetual victimhood. The Gravemind tried to break her, but it failed. She almost succumbed to rampancy, but she resisted and died on her own terms protecting the person she cared about. Making her the Gravemind’s victim again or the Didact’s victim robs her of the development she earned as a character. To me, it’s insulting to her legacy.

I would have to disagree with the whole “perpetual victimhood” thing. To me, Cortana turning evil seemed way out of character and totally unnecessary. Once again, to me – if that “plot twist” is going to be plausible and stay true to the character, then it wouldn’t be Cortana, but rather something like the logic plague affecting her. That doesn’t mean this is some hurr durr patriarchy, omg damsel in distress, we need #feminism kind of BS. It’s about staying true to the character. Yes, Cortana is brilliant and doesn’t need to always be a victim. But just because she’s brilliant and can stand on her own doesn’t mean her going evil makes any sense for her character.

> 2533274825101441;1:
> After going back and playing halo 4 I was reminded that Cortana is the only AI that was created using human DNA. This COULD BE incredibly important for Halo 6. By now most of know what goes on in H5. Cortana is nuts. We assume its just rampancy. Additionally more than a fair share of people were/are disappointed in the story.
> This is where the DNA part comes into play. In my opinon what needs to happen with the story for H6 is that We find out that the Gravemind had in fact corrupted Cortana. This makes the Gravemind responsible. This also gives an excuse to bring back the Flood. I highly doubt anybody enjoyed Cortana going psycho. So this should be the basic plot for 6 with even possibly bring the Didact into it as well either by the Gravemind infecting the Didact or Vice Versa. It is my opinion that this MUST be the story for H6.
> By doing this it does three things
> - It explains Cortana’s behavior making her the victim and not the antagonist. - It brings back 1 or possibly 2 major villains with good explanation especially the Flood. Everybody enjoyed killing them. - It wraps up all 6 MC games into one nice package. Before starting on a completely new story and or new characters.I feel like anything other than this will cause H6 to be a failure. It should be obvious that H5 was disappointing both in story and in Sales and continuing with the same current story as is will help it.
> Sidenote: The also need to get rid of the abominations known as Spartan charge and jet pack Boost.

If you read the story, “Human Weakness” you’ll find that we already have enough information to classify Cortana as the product of manipulation by powers far beyond her. Calling her a victim or not isn’t so important. The ideals Cortana is championing in Halo 5 are those implanted in her mind by the Gravemind, they were only suppressed by Cortana’s humanity, the part of her that died saving John at the end of Halo 4, leaving the rest of her fragments to go wild with it, and declaring that AI should hold the Mantle.

Regarding Master Chief’s conclusion and the continuation of the Halo franchise, I strongly believe that he shouldn’t die. It would upset many fans, and is really unnecessary to the conclusion of his chapter of the larger story. It would be much better to have a voice-over of an admiral granting highest honors to Blue Team as they retire from active service as the visual pans over to Blue Team at the Voi Memorial, then as they turn to leave the camera pans up to new ships being constructed in orbit as others activate shields and jump into Slipspace.

Specifically for Halo 6’s story, if I had a say, its plot would involve the Spirit of Fire finding and transmitting the location of Maethrillian to the UNSC, who dispatches the Infinity to take down the Domain to stop Cortana. But as events transpire, the Infinity is sacrificed to give Blue Team the chance they need to get inside the ancient Forerunner Capital where they encounter Abaddon’s creations, and they fight their way through until they finally reset Abaddon/the Domain.

If Master Chief were to die at the conclusion of his story, I think the best way of doing this would be resetting the Domain. The last time this was done it killed the Forerunner who did it, so maybe that sacrifice would be needed again… history repeating itself. (As I said, I would much rather Master Chief live)

The biggest thing that I think future Halo games can’t try to do again is to replace Master Chief. Halo 5 tried, and all it did was make people hate Locke for daring to be an attempt to replace Master Chief. Future games can have their own protagonists (Noble 6, the Rookie, etc) but they were accepted because they were just their own characters in their own settings, rather than the in-our-face “look at Master Chief’s replacement who has newer gadgets”. With that as an introduction, Locke didn’t have a chance with the fans.

> 2535428051871852;10:
> > 2533274812652989;9:
> > Cortana wasn’t the first AI made from human DNA. All AI are made from donated brain tissue from deceased donors. Cortana differs in that Dr. Halsey cloned her brain and used living brain tissue. Not sure that matters, but it’s a clarification.
> >
> > Also, the idea that Cortana should be the victim again frustrates me. She is so much more than a character that needs to be rescued. She deserves better than perpetual victimhood. The Gravemind tried to break her, but it failed. She almost succumbed to rampancy, but she resisted and died on her own terms protecting the person she cared about. Making her the Gravemind’s victim again or the Didact’s victim robs her of the development she earned as a character. To me, it’s insulting to her legacy.
>
> I would have to disagree with the whole “perpetual victimhood” thing. To me, Cortana turning evil seemed way out of character and totally unnecessary. Once again, to me – if that “plot twist” is going to be plausible and stay true to the character, then it wouldn’t be Cortana, but rather something like the logic plague affecting her. That doesn’t mean this is some hurr durr patriarchy, omg damsel in distress, we need #feminism kind of BS. It’s about staying true to the character. Yes, Cortana is brilliant and doesn’t need to always be a victim. But just because she’s brilliant and can stand on her own doesn’t mean her going evil makes any sense for her character.

But she’d still be the victim of the Gravemind’s actions. She’d still be in need of “saving” from what is affecting her. You can call it SJW bs or whatever you want, but that’s still going to be the implication if you just say she’s being mind-controlled or some such nonsense by the Gravemind. And given the Didact is already still affected by the Gravemind’s machinations, there is no need for Cortana to also be a victim of the logic plague. Nothing about this situation stays true to her character no matter how you twist it.

> 2533274812652989;12:
> Nothing about this situation stays true to her character no matter how you twist it.

Cortana was imprisoned by the Gravemind from the end of Halo 2 through most of Halo 3, where he acted against her in the most vile way an AI can be acted against, and through Halo 4 she was literally fragmenting, with different aspects of her personality residing in different fragments. Even at the beginning of Halo 4’s story, one of the fragments wanted to kill Master Chief so they could die together. Cortana’s mind was already in shambles that far back. The biggest change happened at the end of Halo 4 where the fragment of Cortana containing her humanity died saving John. She even mentioned that the rest of her was somewhere else, which we later found out was meeting the Warden and entering the Domain. Rampant Cortana without her humanity, acting under the influence of the thoughts planted in her mind by the Gravemind, acts exactly how we see her in Halo 5.

Some fans may not like it, but Cortana’s story is coherent and does logically lead her to where she is now, doing what she is doing.

> 2533274883501878;13:
> > 2533274812652989;12:
> > Nothing about this situation stays true to her character no matter how you twist it.
>
> Cortana was imprisoned by the Gravemind from the end of Halo 2 through most of Halo 3, where he acted against her in the most vile way an AI can be acted against, and through Halo 4 she was literally fragmenting, with different aspects of her personality residing in different fragments. Even at the beginning of Halo 4’s story, one of the fragments wanted to kill Master Chief so they could die together. Cortana’s mind was already in shambles that far back. The biggest change happened at the end of Halo 4 where the fragment of Cortana containing her humanity died saving John. She even mentioned that the rest of her was somewhere else, which we later found out was meeting the Warden and entering the Domain. Rampant Cortana without her humanity, acting under the influence of the thoughts planted in her mind by the Gravemind, acts exactly how we see her in Halo 5.
>
> Some fans may not like it, but Cortana’s story is coherent and does logically lead her to where she is now, doing what she is doing.

If it’s a fragment. 343 themselves haven’t seen to make up their minds yet given the relevant Waypoint entries here say her matrix was put in the Domain. An AI’s matrix is essentially what they are. And given how unstable the fragments are, especially in large numbers, it still perplexes me how those would have survived whereas Cortana’s matrix would perish. We will ultimately see how this goes, but I’m unconvinced.

All remaining Spartans end Cortona’s corruption and eliminates ghe Forerunners once and for all! With the return of the Flood.

1 The Gravemind on the Ark, presuming that there is one, takes control of the Guardians and the A.I.s Cortana has corupted due to her recruting. In Halo Mythos we find out that they have been repurposed. 2. Cortana confused by this tries to regain control but fails.She tries to have John help her but he thinks that it is a trap and refuses saying that its his job to protect humanity and her actions have put them in jeporady. As he leaves she calls out to John saying that she loves him. He halts, his fists clenching and unclenching. He then speak with his back still to her, his voice stressed and breaking. “I wish that was true.” he then walks off leaving Cortana behind. 3 while this is going on Locke and Osiris go to track a disress call that claims to be from a survivor from the Spirit of Fire. They reach the Halo ring only to be attacked by the Guardian there. They avoid it and discover that the call was placed by Dr. Anders. She explains the situation and they take her to the Infinity narrowly avoiding the Guardian. 4. On the Infinity Dr. Halsey, Dr. Anders, Captain Laskey, and others argue on how to proceed. Anders wants them to reopen the portal on Earth and go to the Ark. Captain Laskey and Dr Halsey want to help the resistance. Master Chief asks Dr. Anders how long would it take to fix it. She doesn’t know. Exhuberant Witness, who happened to tag along says she, with the help of the Constructors could fix it in no time. Master Chief opits for Anders plan and goes to leave. He is asked by Halsey why and he says, “my gut tells me.” 5. When Master Chief arrives on the Ark he travels to a certain location with Anders who asks him if his ‘gut’ is guiding him again. He remains silent as he approaches a sealed chamber. The door opens releasing a forerunner ancillia. It introduces itself as Mendicant Bias. The Chief asks him if he was the one who was helping him five years earlier against the Prophet. Mendicant says yes and praises the Chiefs insight. He the tells him to stop what going on he must first push the Flood of the Ark. 6. Master Chief arrives on the SOF and briefs the crew on what is happening . Mendicant Bias tells him that the Gravemind from High Charity survived and is manipulating Cortana and events from affar. He tells him the true nature of the Flood and their conection to the Domain. Chief realizing that Cortana is in danger wants to rush off and help her, but Mendicant says to do that you must weaken it hold on Cortana by beating it on the Ark. 7. Meanwhile Halsey with Blues Team in tow go to lab where one of her successfully cloned brains ks in stasis. With it she might be able to fix Cortana. 8. On the Ark a united Banished and SOF army led by the Master Chief storm the Graveminds sanctuary with the Arks constructs led by Exhuberant Witness. The Master Chief pushes the Gravemind off the Ark and into the Domain. Chief alongside Anders follows it. 9. In the Domain Cortana who is VERyY frustrated by the Domains refusal to obey her is greeted buy the Gravemind. She is shocked that its still alive but tries to put on a brave face. The Gravemind then reveals its true nature and the reason why she doesn’t have access to the Domain. It was its will along with her connection with the Master Chief that she was able to access it at all. But her actions that were in oposition to Master Chiefs, discipline,honor and respect’ philosophy has weakened her connection, and that if she had only gone home with him she might have been cured of his ‘gift’. 10. Master Cheif then burst in. He fights the Gravemind to no avail,while Anders pulls Cortana away. Mendicant Bias tells Chief that his conventional means is futile and that he must finish the Domains reinitalization that was finished thousands of years ago. He shows Chief a large black switch which the Master Chief pulls. Enormous amounts of energy run through his body causing him to howl in pain but manages to pull it. The Gravemind howls in fury but is cast out of the Domain. The Master Chief falls off towrads a chasm but a piece of his suit catches onto a broken part of the ledge and stops him. Cortana and Anders try to pull him but he is too heavy. He comes to and looks up a them. He askes Cortana if shes okay. She tearfully says yes. He sees the portal leading back too the Ark and tells Anders to take Cortana with her. Cortana says she wont leave him, but he tells her that its too late for him and she shouls save herself. She asks him after all that she has done to him why would he risk himself to come back to her. He remind her of his mission, ‘to save humanity, no matter the cost’. Cortana looks at him and tells him shes just a tool, a machine. Chief says, “No… your human to me.” He then raises his left hand as if to caress her face but part of the ledge that held him up snaps and we watch John fall and disappear into inky blackness with Cortana screaming his name. Anders then drags a distraught Cortana through the closing portal and arrives on the Ark. Turning around she is greeted by everyone, Blue Team, Red Team, Team Osiris, Captain Laskey, Dr.Halsey, etc., etc. Dr.Halsey then approaches with a canister in hand, looks fown at Cortana and then back at her and asks, “Wheres John?!” Anders lowers her head and shakes it slowly. The camera backs away and we see Dr. Halsey drop to her knees and the Spartan teams take off their helmets. ( I haven’t come up with a Legendary end yet.)

> 2535471858866872;16:
> 1 The Gravemind on the Ark, presuming that there is one, takes control of the Guardians and the A.I.s Cortana has corupted due to her recruting. In Halo Mythos we find out that they have been repurposed. 2. Cortana confused by this tries to regain control but fails.She tries to have John help her but he thinks that it is a trap and refuses saying that its his job to protect humanity and her actions have put them in jeporady. As he leaves she calls out to John saying that she loves him. He halts, his fists clenching and unclenching. He then speak with his back still to her, his voice stressed and breaking. “I wish that was true.” he then walks off leaving Cortana behind. 3 while this is going on Locke and Osiris go to track a disress call that claims to be from a survivor from the Spirit of Fire. They reach the Halo ring only to be attacked by the Guardian there. They avoid it and discover that the call was placed by Dr. Anders. She explains the situation and they take her to the Infinity narrowly avoiding the Guardian. 4. On the Infinity Dr. Halsey, Dr. Anders, Captain Laskey, and others argue on how to proceed. Anders wants them to reopen the portal on Earth and go to the Ark. Captain Laskey and Dr Halsey want to help the resistance. Master Chief asks Dr. Anders how long would it take to fix it. She doesn’t know. Exhuberant Witness, who happened to tag along says she, with the help of the Constructors could fix it in no time. Master Chief opits for Anders plan and goes to leave. He is asked by Halsey why and he says, “my gut tells me.” 5. When Master Chief arrives on the Ark he travels to a certain location with Anders who asks him if his ‘gut’ is guiding him again. He remains silent as he approaches a sealed chamber. The door opens releasing a forerunner ancillia. It introduces itself as Mendicant Bias. The Chief asks him if he was the one who was helping him five years earlier against the Prophet. Mendicant says yes and praises the Chiefs insight. He the tells him to stop what going on he must first push the Flood of the Ark. 6. Master Chief arrives on the SOF and briefs the crew on what is happening . Mendicant Bias tells him that the Gravemind from High Charity survived and is manipulating Cortana and events from affar. He tells him the true nature of the Flood and their conection to the Domain. Chief realizing that Cortana is in danger wants to rush off and help her, but Mendicant says to do that you must weaken it hold on Cortana by beating it on the Ark. 7. Meanwhile Halsey with Blues Team in tow go to lab where one of her successfully cloned brains ks in stasis. With it she might be able to fix Cortana. 8. On the Ark a united Banished and SOF army led by the Master Chief storm the Graveminds sanctuary with the Arks constructs led by Exhuberant Witness. The Master Chief pushes the Gravemind off the Ark and into the Domain. Chief alongside Anders follows it. 9. In the Domain Cortana who is VERyY frustrated by the Domains refusal to obey her is greeted buy the Gravemind. She is shocked that its still alive but tries to put on a brave face. The Gravemind then reveals its true nature and the reason why she doesn’t have access to the Domain. It was its will along with her connection with the Master Chief that she was able to access it at all. But her actions that were in oposition to Master Chiefs, discipline,honor and respect’ philosophy has weakened her connection, and that if she had only gone home with him she might have been cured of his ‘gift’. 10. Master Cheif then burst in. He fights the Gravemind to no avail,while Anders pulls Cortana away. Mendicant Bias tells Chief that his conventional means is futile and that he must finish the Domains reinitalization that was finished thousands of years ago. He shows Chief a large black switch which the Master Chief pulls. Enormous amounts of energy run through his body causing him to howl in pain but manages to pull it. The Gravemind howls in fury but is cast out of the Domain. The Master Chief falls off towrads a chasm but a piece of his suit catches onto a broken part of the ledge and stops him. Cortana and Anders try to pull him but he is too heavy. He comes to and looks up a them. He askes Cortana if shes okay. She tearfully says yes. He sees the portal leading back too the Ark and tells Anders to take Cortana with her. Cortana says she wont leave him, but he tells her that its too late for him and she shouls save herself. She asks him after all that she has done to him why would he risk himself to come back to her. He remind her of his mission, ‘to save humanity, no matter the cost’. Cortana looks at him and tells him shes just a tool, a machine. Chief says, “No… your human to me.” He then raises his left hand as if to caress her face but part of the ledge that held him up snaps and we watch John fall and disappear into inky blackness with Cortana screaming his name. Anders then drags a distraught Cortana through the closing portal and arrives on the Ark. Turning around she is greeted by everyone, Blue Team, Red Team, Team Osiris, Captain Laskey, Dr.Halsey, etc., etc. Dr.Halsey then approaches with a canister in hand, looks fown at Cortana and then back at her and asks, “Wheres John?!” Anders lowers her head and shakes it slowly. The camera backs away and we see Dr. Halsey drop to her knees and the Spartan teams take off their helmets. ( I haven’t come up with a Legendary end yet.)

I like where you are going with this. Not sure I’d trust Mendicant Bias after already once being corrupted by the Gravemind and turning on the Forerunners before being defeated by Offensive Bias. I don’t think the Gravemind is dead, it only takes a single flood spore to survive to spread again. Plus there would be other flood samples on the other Halo rings.

This is a bit far fetched but I think entirely plausible. The Ur-Didact, the one the Chief defeats, initially created the composer to turn living organisms into digital / machine beings. The composer was supposed to be able to change them back into their original organic state but never succeeded in doing so properly.

On the Forerunner world Genesis, is a gateway between the organic world and the Domain. I am going to assume that there would be other gates to the Domain as well. But what I’m getting at is that it would not surprise me if the Librarian makes another return in some way, or the Forerunners in general especially the Ur-Didact and that somehow Cortana becomes human. Since 343 were playing on the relationship between Cortana and Chief I think at some point that would be explored, or that she is somehow cloned into a younger Dr. Halsey, since she is made from her.

> 2533274812652989;9:
> Cortana wasn’t the first AI made from human DNA. All AI are made from donated brain tissue from deceased donors. Cortana differs in that Dr. Halsey cloned her brain and used living brain tissue. Not sure that matters, but it’s a clarification.
>
> Also, the idea that Cortana should be the victim again frustrates me. She is so much more than a character that needs to be rescued. She deserves better than perpetual victimhood. The Gravemind tried to break her, but it failed. She almost succumbed to rampancy, but she resisted and died on her own terms protecting the person she cared about. Making her the Gravemind’s victim again or the Didact’s victim robs her of the development she earned as a character. To me, it’s insulting to her legacy.

I was getting my information from Halo 4. Although I may have been a little inaccurate. But none the less, it still makes it possible to Bring the Gravemind and the flood back into the story to wrap up this Saga. I truly believe anything less than that and H6 will be the worst of flops of a AAA game.

> 2533274812652989;12:
> > 2535428051871852;10:
> > > 2533274812652989;9:
> > > Cortana wasn’t the first AI made from human DNA. All AI are made from donated brain tissue from deceased donors. Cortana differs in that Dr. Halsey cloned her brain and used living brain tissue. Not sure that matters, but it’s a clarification.
> > >
> > > Also, the idea that Cortana should be the victim again frustrates me. She is so much more than a character that needs to be rescued. She deserves better than perpetual victimhood. The Gravemind tried to break her, but it failed. She almost succumbed to rampancy, but she resisted and died on her own terms protecting the person she cared about. Making her the Gravemind’s victim again or the Didact’s victim robs her of the development she earned as a character. To me, it’s insulting to her legacy.
> >
> > I would have to disagree with the whole “perpetual victimhood” thing. To me, Cortana turning evil seemed way out of character and totally unnecessary. Once again, to me – if that “plot twist” is going to be plausible and stay true to the character, then it wouldn’t be Cortana, but rather something like the logic plague affecting her. That doesn’t mean this is some hurr durr patriarchy, omg damsel in distress, we need #feminism kind of BS. It’s about staying true to the character. Yes, Cortana is brilliant and doesn’t need to always be a victim. But just because she’s brilliant and can stand on her own doesn’t mean her going evil makes any sense for her character.
>
> But she’d still be the victim of the Gravemind’s actions. She’d still be in need of “saving” from what is affecting her. You can call it SJW bs or whatever you want, but that’s still going to be the implication if you just say she’s being mind-controlled or some such nonsense by the Gravemind. And given the Didact is already still affected by the Gravemind’s machinations, there is no need for Cortana to also be a victim of the logic plague. Nothing about this situation stays true to her character no matter how you twist it.

If its not apparent, there are only two options given the story that has been told.

1. She is just plain crazy. To me and i’m speculating here but this is far worse than her being a victim.
    Or
  2. She is not controlling her actions and somebody else is, meaning she is a victim if only a matter of what degree.
    2 is the better option , because fans can empathize/sympathize with her and FIGHT for her as opposed to fight with her.
    It is my opinion 2 is the only direction H6 can take that will satisfy fans. and as an added bonus bring back the Gravemind and or Didact along with the flood which as far as I know pretty much all the fans enjoyed fighting.

Speaking for myself, I’m not going to sympathize or empathize with Cortana, however. That ship sailed with Halo 4 and bringing her back to be evil and in need of saving doesn’t compel me one bit to feel like she deserves any sympathy regardless if it is her or someone controlling her. The cherry on top would be that if she were “saved” she complains that she didn’t do it and that she had no control. I’d lose every ounce of respect I have 343 as storytellers because I sincerely doubt Cortana would try to plead that she shouldn’t be punished for what she did and plenty of media where characters are under certain circumstances accept responsibility for actions committed by themselves while under someone else’s sway.