Cortana and the rings

A few minutes ago and I finished the Halo 5 campaign again and now I’m thinking about Cortana and the rings.
I mean she’s got the index from the first Halo and she has access to the forerunners domain…now she could just activate the rings and kill everybody in infinite or not…maybe this could be the storyline…am I wrong? If I’m wrong I’m sorry but I can’t stop thinking about it.

She used that index on Installation 04b, (as far as we know they aren’t re-usable) and I think the forerunners made the indexes so someone with the domain (back in the forerunner-flood war, the domain sealed itself off, and indirectly supported the flood) couldn’t just automatically win. And if she killed everybody, who would there be to rule over? Sorry if I came off as aggressive.

Above points are pretty spot on. We don’t know if Indexes are reusable. We also don’t know if one index works on every Halo or just it’s own (the Halo in Halo 3 was special because it was a replacement). But beyond that, if Cortana wanted to wipe the galaxy clean of life, she could have done that without using the Guardians. She could have secretly activated a Halo that the UNSC hadn’t found yet and boom, she gets what she wants with no resistance. If her plan was to use the Halos, unearthing the Guardians and declaring war on the galaxy is a terrible way to do it. Also, she clearly states in Halo 5 that her goal is to protect life by forcibly ending conflict. When the Grunts of Balaho submitted to her rule, she bestowed gifts upon them, like food and technology. Why do that if she was just going to kill them later?

tl;dr it’s highly unlikely that she’d use the Halos to kill everyone because that goes against her plans, and she could have done it already.

I think its going to be a fight for control of the ‘Domain’.

Taken from Halopedia-

“Perhaps the Precursors’ most extraordinary creation was what the Forerunners knew as the Domain: a vast reserve containing the totality of the Precursors’ accumulated knowledge and experience - amounting to a hundred billion years, with most of the information gathered originating from the beginning of the universe if not earlier. This reserve of knowledge was contained in Precursor constructs in the Milky Way galaxy and projected a massive field through which the records could be accessed anywhere regardless of locality. The Domain itself was also a conscious entity, although this only became apparent to most Forerunners near the end of the Forerunner-Flood war.”

> 2533274832233486;4:
> I think its going to be a fight for control of the ‘Domain’.
>
> Taken from Halopedia-
>
> “Perhaps the Precursors’ most extraordinary creation was what the Forerunners knew as the Domain: a vast reserve containing the totality of the Precursors’ accumulated knowledge and experience - amounting to a hundred billion years, with most of the information gathered originating from the beginning of the universe if not earlier. This reserve of knowledge was contained in Precursor constructs in the Milky Way galaxy and projected a massive field through which the records could be accessed anywhere regardless of locality. The Domain itself was also a conscious entity, although this only became apparent to most Forerunners near the end of the Forerunner-Flood war.”

I‘m very excited about what is awaiting us, but it’s definitely a fight for the control of the rings or any simian forerunner construction. The fight is definitely against the covenant and probably against Cortana.

> 2535459110524661;5:
> > 2533274832233486;4:
> > I think its going to be a fight for control of the ‘Domain’.
> >
> > Taken from Halopedia-
> >
> > “Perhaps the Precursors’ most extraordinary creation was what the Forerunners knew as the Domain: a vast reserve containing the totality of the Precursors’ accumulated knowledge and experience - amounting to a hundred billion years, with most of the information gathered originating from the beginning of the universe if not earlier. This reserve of knowledge was contained in Precursor constructs in the Milky Way galaxy and projected a massive field through which the records could be accessed anywhere regardless of locality. The Domain itself was also a conscious entity, although this only became apparent to most Forerunners near the end of the Forerunner-Flood war.”
>
> I‘m very excited about what is awaiting us, but it’s definitely a fight for the control of the rings or any simian forerunner construction. The fight is definitely against the covenant and probably against Cortana.

I think the fight is going to be against the Banished but I also think we’ll see Mendiacant Bias making an appearance, as its “created”.

I don’t think Cortana wants to kill everybody. She just wants to achieve peace between planets that she can police over…in a very wrong way.

My proposal is that Cortana wants to destroy or at least hide the rings. The domain, within which she resides, is vulnerable to the rings because it is precursor technology which is organic in nature. Also Cortana has the logic plague which could also mean she wants to destroy the rings to protect the flood.