Cortana a old women ?

Concidering Cortana is at the end of her life span is it possible she will appear as A old women in halo 4 ? We know from the Teaser trailer she appears different .Just a thought .What do you guys think ?

I don’t want to be staring at an almost naked old woman in Halo 4.

I doubt it, she is an Ai and doesn’t age, and the voice actor actually sounded younger. Besides, she is hip, she says “yank me!” We also don’t know the amount of time Chief spent in the cryo tube, so its not possible to designate her age.

> I doubt it, she is an Ai and doesn’t age, and the voice actor actually sounded younger. Besides, she is hip, she says “yank me!” We also don’t know the amount of time Chief spent in the cryo tube, so its not possible to designate her age.

5 years, it’s been confirmed by Kiki wolfkill

> I doubt it, she is an Ai and doesn’t age

exactly wat i wuz goin to say shes an ai and it would just ruin everything about her i think

NO! It wouldn’t seem right. She should stay the same because otherwise it wouldn’t be canon.

She’s an AI. I dont think their bodies change

> NO! It wouldn’t seem right. She should stay the same because otherwise it wouldn’t be canon.

well cortana’s appearance has changed in each game, and how would it not be canon if they decided to make her look old, its been 5 years since halo 3 she’s near the end of her life span, that would then make perfect sense for her to look old

> > NO! It wouldn’t seem right. She should stay the same because otherwise it wouldn’t be canon.
>
> well cortana’s appearance has changed in each game, and how would it not be canon if they decided to make her look old, its been 5 years since halo 3 she’s near the end of her life span, that would then make perfect sense for her to look old

Your body looks older because your cells are dying when you age, an AI doesn’t have a real body, it’s just a hologram. It’s not like she was made as a baby and became a woman either…

> > NO! It wouldn’t seem right. She should stay the same because otherwise it wouldn’t be canon.
>
> well cortana’s appearance has changed in each game, and how would it not be canon if they decided to make her look old, its been 5 years since halo 3 she’s near the end of her life span, that would then make perfect sense for her to look old

It wouldn’t make sense if she appeared old. AI’s holographic projection of how they want others to perceive them does not change due to the age of the AI. In fact, the only AI to ever change its apperance was Loki who switched to Mack, and that had nothing to do with age…

So, no I don’t want Cortana to be an old woman…maybe just a little (or lot) rampant would be enjoyable :slight_smile:

>
> well cortana’s appearance has changed in each game, and how would it not be canon if they decided to make her look old, its been 5 years since halo 3 she’s near the end of her life span, <mark>that would then make perfect sense for her to look old</mark>

No it wouldn’t. AI don’t age. They choose an avatar, and that avatar for the most part doesn’t change. Even to her “death”, Cortana will look like a young woman.

I don’t know anywhere in which AI appearing older visually is stated and therefore cannot be considered ‘cannon’.

Also, I know Cortana has changed in appearance each game but that is mainly due to graphics qualities and art styles.

In the uncertain case of her ‘ageing’ visually, I just don’t think 343i would favour having an visually older female as one of Halo’s foundational characters. If the player is new to the series they would not see the reasoning behind it and it just wouldn’t understand why.

Finally, one of the reasons Cortana is a popular character to the series aside from her fictional role and appearance time in the story is simply because she in a small way fulfils the ‘-Yoink!- female’ personality that every game apparently must have.

> > > NO! It wouldn’t seem right. She should stay the same because otherwise it wouldn’t be canon.
> >
> > well cortana’s appearance has changed in each game, and how would it not be canon if they decided to make her look old, its been 5 years since halo 3 she’s near the end of her life span, <mark>that would then make perfect sense for her to look old</mark>
>
> No it wouldn’t. AI don’t age. They choose an avatar, and that avatar for the most part doesn’t change. Even to her “death”, Cortana will look like a young woman.

yeah im wrong quite a simple thing to know AI’s cant age, the only thing that could change due to age would be her color she was always purple/blue in the trailer she’s gray

> yeah im wrong quite a simple thing to know AI’s cant age, the only thing that could change due to age would be her color she was always purple/blue in the trailer she’s gray

Colour differentiation is related to mood from previous games.

However, they could implement the shade of the colour to relate to her status in terms of functionality or life.

> > > > NO! It wouldn’t seem right. She should stay the same because otherwise it wouldn’t be canon.
> > >
> > > well cortana’s appearance has changed in each game, and how would it not be canon if they decided to make her look old, its been 5 years since halo 3 she’s near the end of her life span, <mark>that would then make perfect sense for her to look old</mark>
> >
> > No it wouldn’t. AI don’t age. They choose an avatar, and that avatar for the most part doesn’t change. Even to her “death”, Cortana will look like a young woman.
>
> yeah im wrong quite a simple thing to know AI’s cant age, the only thing that could change due to age would be her color she was always purple/blue in the trailer she’s gray

Here color change in the game was purely aesthetic, having nothing to do with her aging or any other canonical reason. Cortana looked different in the announcement trailer for the same reason so many things look different: a new studio means new visual interpretations of the content.

It’s very possible that she did not age over the 5 years. If she shut her core processing down and left a “dumb” part of her AI processing online then she may not “age.”

thoughts?

> > > > > NO! It wouldn’t seem right. She should stay the same because otherwise it wouldn’t be canon.
> > > >
> > > > well cortana’s appearance has changed in each game, and how would it not be canon if they decided to make her look old, its been 5 years since halo 3 she’s near the end of her life span, <mark>that would then make perfect sense for her to look old</mark>
> > >
> > > No it wouldn’t. AI don’t age. They choose an avatar, and that avatar for the most part doesn’t change. Even to her “death”, Cortana will look like a young woman.
> >
> > yeah im wrong quite a simple thing to know AI’s cant age, the only thing that could change due to age would be her color she was always purple/blue in the trailer she’s gray
>
> Here color change in the game was purely aesthetic, having nothing to do with her aging or any other canonical reason. Cortana looked different in the announcement trailer for the same reason so many things look different: a new studio means new visual interpretations of the content.

i know, color change depends on her mood, but i thinking maybe this time as she appears as gray in the trailer could also have to do with age, but its probably not