Corpses with more collision

Sorry if I am using the wrong term but

You know how if you splatter an Elite and it flies into a Grunt, the Elite just flies right through the Grunts body?

What if instead, it collided with the Grunt and splattered it sort of like GTA?

Same with vehicles, if your Spartan is standing on top of a warthog and you die, your body should slide off the warthog instead of go right through it.

Thoughts on this?

I would love for that to happen, but developers rarely work on in-game physics engines nor do they work on A.I. so its unlikely.

Frankly, I’m disappointed in the gaming industry. They are getting lazy. They remove features previous games had, they ignore their customers, and frankly their products continue to become inferior.

I remember when most games used proprietary engines. Now everyone uses Frostbite, Cry-engine, etc. That should in theory reduce their costs but many developers instead complain about how models are so expensive to make.

Agreed, I want to kill someone high up (think that one map on reach with the massive tower), knock their body off the edge, and watch it splatter the guy (and with me, let’s be honest, the guy’s probably my teammate) 200 feet below.

Also, WALL OF CORPSES. They keep charging, I keep stacking them up until I don’t even have to do anything to keep them from coming through the door.

I think Halo 5 should have physics like Heroes and Generals. If you haven’t seen what happens to corpses when they get ran over or exploded, you need to.

I don’t actually want this to happen, but it would still be hilarious.

Would be totally awesome to launch bodies at people with man cannon!

Something I noticed while playing Halo 2A was that if you run someone over in the Mongoose, you actually sort of run over their body instead of it clipping through the vehicle like it normally does. Not sure if this was a feature in Halo 4 but I’ve never noticed it before.

The dead bodies in Halo are pretty unrealistic compared to the rest of the game’s physics. How come when you die off a cliff, your body always does a ballerina twirl? When getting hit by a Warthog, the body moves with it for a second, then sometimes phases through the Hog. I want splattering to be fun.

> 2533274877056440;7:
> The dead bodies in Halo are pretty unrealistic compared to the rest of the game’s physics. How come when you die off a cliff, your body always does a ballerina twirl? When getting hit by a Warthog, the body moves with it for a second, then phases underneath the Hog. I want splattering to be fun.

So you want them to go flying after hitting them? Eventually, the corpse is going to go over or under the hog.

> 2533275018690103;8:
> > 2533274877056440;7:
> > The dead bodies in Halo are pretty unrealistic compared to the rest of the game’s physics. How come when you die off a cliff, your body always does a ballerina twirl? When getting hit by a Warthog, the body moves with it for a second, then phases underneath the Hog. I want splattering to be fun.
>
>
> So you want them to go flying after hitting them? Eventually, the corpse is going to go over or under the hog.

No, sorry, it’s hard to explain. Getting hit in Halo 4 your body goes into an animation of getting splattered, and then becomes that twirling ballerina afterwards. Sometimes your body kind of phases through the hog. I think dead bodies and live bodies should have physics, meaning if you want into the you push them. People that get hit by a Warthog should get run over and not smacked across the map.

Watch this to see what I mean:

Dead body physics would be really fun, I hope they add it to the final build! Great idea!

Unlike some requests, this one is actually viable, especially given the beta lacked proper ragdoll physics, presumably being a work in progress, like blood effects. Once a body came to rest, it became fixed in place. You could punch or nade it as much as you wanted, but it wasn’t going anywhere.
It is a little odd to be killed whilst in a warthog and fall through the seat, I have to say.