core defense firefight

Unlimited rounds until core destruction or, limited rounds with focus on only defense of core, where players have to protect core until 5 or 10 rounds, (added) would be better in my opinion. I don’t think 343 is going to make maps for Firefight, so rather than dynamic objectives in huge maps, make it Firefight core defense. Since it’s not survival.

Yeah I would have preferred this.

Like Warzone Assault but by the AI and you get pushed back to your core. Be especially good when hunters and the Warden start rolling up to your core. :smiley:

I think it’s because that would require a lot more scripting than simply spawning them in a Warzone map and having them run around.

It’s Warzone Firefight. Nope. It isn’t traditional Firefight, now these are Warzone Firefight simulations.
Most people wouldn’t want a mode where you play for hours.

Only solution is to make it available in custom games.

> 2533274971171822;3:
> It’s Warzone Firefight. Nope. It isn’t traditional Firefight, now these are Warzone Firefight simulations.
> Most people wouldn’t want a mode where you play for hours.
>
> Only solution is to make it available in custom games.

Nor Firefight has limited or unlimited round, I think it should be survival, or defense.

To be honest I thought they would add this. But I guess not. I hope the do!

Y’know it would be neat if 343i would make some medium and large size studio maps for generator defense like reach…Or something of that sort…I definitely agree with what you are saying though. All of these scout warthogs and no objective game types to use them in…It would be pretty cool if there were some kind of 24 player objective playlist or some way to host 24 player custom games…This game has a lot of capability and a lot can be done with it in my opinion the size of games can vary. I would love to see the old enemies from the trilogy return to this game previous designs skins and everything.

> 2701489597913816;6:
> Y’know it would be neat if 343i would make some medium and large size studio maps for generator defense like reach…Or something of that sort…I definitely agree with what you are saying though. All of these scout warthogs and no objective game types to use them in…It would be pretty cool if there were some kind of 24 player objective playlist or some way to host 24 player custom games…This game has a lot of capability and a lot can be done with it in my opinion the size of games can vary. I would love to see the old enemies from the trilogy return to this game previous designs skins and everything.

If Firefight is going to be core defense game, I will use scout warthogs as barricade. I hope 343 is not spending time on REQs. Hope they are working on creating new maps for Warzone and Firefight designed map. But, I doubt this. If they were making maps specifically for Firefight, they might have released that map on beta instead of Escape from ARC. We can see that from Warzone Assault, no specific designed map for Warzone variant.

As total war1402 said, I think defending in an Invasion/Warzone Assault-style advancement from the AI towards your core would definitely be cool. I like this idea! :slight_smile: Although I think the base gametype needs some iteration already as it is, first. For instance, there doesn’t seem to be enough time to complete objectives. Almost every WZF match ends in failure because of the time limit.

> 2535456165221911;7:
> > 2701489597913816;6:
> > Y’know it would be neat if 343i would make some medium and large size studio maps for generator defense like reach…Or something of that sort…I definitely agree with what you are saying though. All of these scout warthogs and no objective game types to use them in…It would be pretty cool if there were some kind of 24 player objective playlist or some way to host 24 player custom games…This game has a lot of capability and a lot can be done with it in my opinion the size of games can vary. I would love to see the old enemies from the trilogy return to this game previous designs skins and everything.
>
>
> If Firefight is going to be core defense game, I will use scout warthogs as barricade. I hope 343 is not spending time on REQs. Hope they are working on creating new maps for Warzone and Firefight designed map. But, I doubt this. If they were making maps specifically for Firefight, they might have released that map on beta instead of Escape from ARC. We can see that from Warzone Assault, no specific designed map for Warzone variant.

Yeah I am also aware of this and it is making me cringe because the game is great but it needs more and better maps…having reqs is fine but I would much rather have more maps weapons and enemies to kill…Sometimes I view this game as illogic and unfinished…It would be cool to see remakes of original maps from the original trilogy +reach maybe even 4…This game is lacking in the easter egg department compared to bungie but I still like 343i’s progress with clamber boost stabilize SC and ground pound…These abilities would fair very well against enemies from the original trilogy it kind of urks me that I may never be ever to SC through some flood…If I could see how 343i would use a brute shot halo 5 a mauler etc in Halo 5 I’m sure I would be impressed…But so far I am just left with the idea of what could have been…Flaming helmets and grimey enviroments are seemingly no more…You can’t even use chiefs armor in multiplayer…It would even be cool if they made a spin off so you could visit the places advertised in the commercials…The multiplayer doesn’t even have too many maps that correlate with the campaign which is disappointing…But it would be smart of them to build specific maps for WZ FF…and maps with a better sand box for vehicles in wz. There is no no splattering going on there is no depth to these maps there are just two big -Yoink- bases and a two generators there is no real conflict going on on the battlefield…No real reason to use reqs in my opinion the most exciting reason to use the req system is WZ firefight.

I think it would be pretty cool. I mean, some of the best games of Warzone Assault have been holding the line at the core.

So basically the survival Firefight we all know and love with the Warzone objective added in.

So basically what everyone was expecting when it came out lol…

Core Defense Mode. Players have to hold off wave after wave of enemies defending the core of their base. The bases will be random and not just at the home base. The core will spawn at one of the random lesser bases for the players to defend during the match. They will have to defend the core for up to 20 rounds with the difficulty of the enemies increasing with each round. If the enemies manage to destroy the core it’s game over. The damage to the core remains across all rounds.

Turrets and shield doors could be used to help players protect themselves and the base. To initially deploy a base defense it would cost 4 req charges and 2 req charges to repair the defense when it gets destroyed.

> 2533274971171822;3:
> It’s Warzone Firefight. Nope. It isn’t traditional Firefight, now these are Warzone Firefight simulations.
>

A-what? Actually, yeah, people would like a mode that could go on for hours and NOT just in custom games. As it stands now Firefight is too short and needs more rounds added on. Why? Players like a challenge that takes time to complete.

Turns out, the A.I.s’ start to farm! :open_mouth:

This would be pretty lame imo. It would be to much like warzone assault, which is lame as well. Warzone firefight was great was it was.

> 2533274803929503;12:
> Core Defense Mode. Players have to hold off wave after wave of enemies defending the core of their base. The bases will be random and not just at the home base. The core will spawn at one of the random lesser bases for the players to defend during the match. They will have to defend the core for up to 20 rounds with the difficulty of the enemies increasing with each round. If the enemies manage to destroy the core it’s game over. The damage to the core remains across all rounds.
>
> Turrets and shield doors could be used to help players protect themselves and the base. To initially deploy a base defense it would cost 4 req charges and 2 req charges to repair the defense when it gets destroyed.

Automatic turrets were in campaign, so it is not going to hard to implement them into multiplayer. However, it depends on 343’s attitude.

> 2533274971171822;3:
>

Most people wouldn’t want a mode that offers more hours worth of fun? Who the hell do you talk to on a daily basis? Lol.

If they could get it to work right.
Problem is, the only way in to the base is through the two giant doors, which don’t really led themselfs to varied gameplay. They would have to ad some more cover and opportunities to actually fire out of the base without fully exposing youself, while leaving space to roll your scorpion out.

> 2533274810945725;18:
> If they could get it to work right.
> Problem is, the only way in to the base is through the two giant doors, which don’t really led themselfs to varied gameplay. They would have to ad some more cover and opportunities to actually fire out of the base without fully exposing youself, while leaving space to roll your scorpion out.

Yeah, maps like Skirmish at Darkstar would work. I noticed that AIs shoot players accurately in beta and plain map (Escape from ARC) did not played well.

> 2533274805105579;8:
> As total war1402 said, I think defending in an Invasion/Warzone Assault-style advancement from the AI towards your core would definitely be cool. I like this idea! :slight_smile: Although I think the base gametype needs some iteration already as it is, first. For instance, there doesn’t seem to be enough time to complete objectives. Almost every WZF match ends in failure because of the time limit.

i liked the time limit even if i did lose it made win more fun and force the team to work together to win.