Coordinated Warzone teams, the unfortunate effect

Since the beginning I’ve detected an incredibly unfortunate side effect from matches containing coordinated teams in Warzone. That if a coordinated team is matched with randoms, it isn’t that the randoms will just get mulched, that much is obvious. It’s that the match will be and always is entirely formulaic. The way Warzone is structured, is that there are for the most part a solid two ways for the coordinated team to win, both contained within the first five minutes of the match. The coordinated will quickly secure their first armory, then will mount a full-team storm on either the central base or the enemy armory, swamping the randoms present with sheer numbers alone. The order in which they do this will be the only variety within the match. Then they will quickly cap the remaining base, then either core-kill or spawn-farm their opponent. I’ve ran some near-full lobbies before this, and that is why I prefer to run in groups of 3 or 4 in Warzone, to break up the formula. Any more than that and it typically becomes a dry, predictable, monotonous formula. What I like in Warzone is the chaos, the unforeseen, getting the drop on four guys with a blaze of glory only to turn the corner into a enemy SPNKr Prime. For it to feel like a warzone, not a scripted sequence. My proposed solution is for Warzone in Halo 6 to remove the home base core system entirely. Just get rid of it. Instead, it should function more similarly to Battlefield Conquest. Having the bases function as the zones in Strongholds (gaining points over time by holding more than the enemy) making it function more like a tradition match with some competition, just much larger, rather than the match more or less ending when one team is cored, then continuing on for another 20 minutes after one team has effectively lost. It’s just boring to me, even on the winning side. Personally I would prefer getting rid of the legendary bosses entirely and replacing them with a myriad of smaller 25-point bosses as well, but that’s just an additional mention. Well, that’s my opinion on how Warzone could be made a lot less boring when full teams are versing randoms. What are your thoughts?

Only match up teams against teams of the same size. If it takes you 40 minutes to find a match as a team of 12 hoping to grossly exploit the way the game is set up, so be it. For the 1% of fire teams that will no longer be able to farm in the real sense of the word, it would make the game enjoyable for the remaining 99% of us who are looking for an actual war zone experience like you say. Seriously. At no point should a team of 12 EVER be put up against a team that is not also a team of 12. If it’s too hard to find a game, try teams of 8. Or 6. Again, it is supposed to be a team oriented game, but unless you actually are matching TEAMS up against each other, then you’ve already defeated the purpose of a team oriented game, and you may as well get people to break into smaller groups.

It seems like most teams run with the goal of capping all 3 and either blowing the core or farming. It will be interesting to see how the upcoming changes to the boss spawns changes things. I do agree with OP, playing that style no matter which side you are on is predictable and can get boring. I do think large fireteams tend to get matched against fire teams though. It isn’t 100% but playing solo I rarely run into a full 12 team enemy team. If I get on a team of 5 or 6 I see full teams more. May be coincidence I don’t know.

> 2533274800701473;2:
> Only match up teams against teams of the same size. If it takes you 40 minutes to find a match as a team of 12 hoping to grossly exploit the way the game is set up, so be it. For the 1% of fire teams that will no longer be able to farm in the real sense of the word, it would make the game enjoyable for the remaining 99% of us who are looking for an actual war zone experience like you say. Seriously. At no point should a team of 12 EVER be put up against a team that is not also a team of 12. If it’s too hard to find a game, try teams of 8. Or 6. Again, it is supposed to be a team oriented game, but unless you actually are matching TEAMS up against each other, then you’ve already defeated the purpose of a team oriented game, and you may as well get people to break into smaller groups.

One thing they could also do other than add team-locking (which I support) that would require even less effort on 343’s part is to simply give the mode a fireteam cap limiting how many players you could go in with, make it 5 or 6 players tops.

> 2533274800701473;2:
> Only match up teams against teams of the same size. If it takes you 40 minutes to find a match as a team of 12 hoping to grossly exploit the way the game is set up, so be it. For the 1% of fire teams that will no longer be able to farm in the real sense of the word, it would make the game enjoyable for the remaining 99% of us who are looking for an actual war zone experience like you say. Seriously. At no point should a team of 12 EVER be put up against a team that is not also a team of 12. If it’s too hard to find a game, try teams of 8. Or 6. Again, it is supposed to be a team oriented game, but unless you actually are matching TEAMS up against each other, then you’ve already defeated the purpose of a team oriented game, and you may as well get people to break into smaller groups.

This is ridiculous

> 2533274800701473;2:
> Only match up teams against teams of the same size. If it takes you 40 minutes to find a match as a team of 12 hoping to grossly exploit the way the game is set up, so be it. For the 1% of fire teams that will no longer be able to farm in the real sense of the word, it would make the game enjoyable for the remaining 99% of us who are looking for an actual war zone experience like you say. Seriously. At no point should a team of 12 EVER be put up against a team that is not also a team of 12. If it’s too hard to find a game, try teams of 8. Or 6. Again, it is supposed to be a team oriented game, but unless you actually are matching TEAMS up against each other, then you’ve already defeated the purpose of a team oriented game, and you may as well get people to break into smaller groups.

This.

> 2533274800701473;2:
> Only match up teams against teams of the same size. If it takes you 40 minutes to find a match as a team of 12 hoping to grossly exploit the way the game is set up, so be it. For the 1% of fire teams that will no longer be able to farm in the real sense of the word, it would make the game enjoyable for the remaining 99% of us who are looking for an actual war zone experience like you say. Seriously. At no point should a team of 12 EVER be put up against a team that is not also a team of 12. If it’s too hard to find a game, try teams of 8. Or 6. Again, it is supposed to be a team oriented game, but unless you actually are matching TEAMS up against each other, then you’ve already defeated the purpose of a team oriented game, and you may as well get people to break into smaller groups.

I wish I had a digital cat treat for you.

I say treat Warzone like a large scale version of Dominion; that’s what I was personally hoping for from the start.