Coop doesn't work

Hey,

I was excited now for three weeks until I got my Xbox now and wanted to play coop with my buddy.
But now we can’t join each other, he can’t join me and the other way round it’s the same problem… We are not ingame, we are at the main menu.
We also tried to invite each other which also didn’t work, but if I go to session details I can see his session, but still can’t join him, it always says something like the connection has been canceled, sometimes it also says there was an error…

We already rebooted our Xboxes, enabled UPnP Forwarding in our routers and manually forwarded all the Xbox Live ports, http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live, which also didn’t fix our problem.

We can join into a Xbox chatparty together but we can’t join each other in coop mode, please help… or I’m gonna smash that f***ing Xbox to hell… since we only bought it because of Halo…

Now connecting works but holy Yoinking! hell…
These lags are incredible… Every player except the host got huge input lags and it’s not really playable, also when one player dies in Halo 2 every player has to restart wtf???

I want my -Yoinking!- money back… I hoped I could enjoy Halo with my friends together but this is -Yoinking!- -Yoink-…

> 2533274914695937;2:
> Now connecting works but holy Yoinking! hell…
> These lags are incredible… Every player except the host got huge input lags and it’s not really playable, also when one player dies in Halo 2 every player has to restart wtf???
>
> I want my -Yoinking!- money back… I hoped I could enjoy Halo with my friends together but this is -Yoinking!- -Yoink-…

I’m guessing you are playing the Halo 2 campaign on Legendary? Thats how Legendary difficulty works in Halo 2 (and how it worked back in 2004), if 1 player dies everybody restarts. Think of it as having the Iron skull active while playing.

As for the lag, the game does not fully run on dedicated servers, and I believe its only matchmaking that does. Campaign still runs on host connection, but you also have to bear in mind that the game has to co-ordinate not only the players movements, but the AI enemies too between multiple consoles. This in turn will cause lag and has done for all multiplayer campaigns in any Halo game, its nothing new. ODST firefight on the 360 is another example of having major lag problems.

Well, only because it always had lags, doesn’t mean it should be like that…

Is there any chance this will ever be optimized? We bought the Xbox only because we wanted to play Halo together… this is pretty frustrating you know, since we can’t play splitscreen or in a LAN because we live too far away from each other…

Guess I have to flame the Microsoft support and hope they give me something as reimbursement…

LAN wouldn’t help. My roommate and I have input lag on LAN for every Halo campaign in co-op. Halo CE: Anniversary started with the input lag, even on dedicated LAN. I was hoping it was a fluke because H3, ODST, and H4 did not have this bad of input lag for non host during their days on the 360. But, alas, we did not.

Don’t worry, once you get connected, it’s nearly impossible to complete a H2 co-op campaign without getting kicked out all the time, and Halo 3 runs in slow motion the whole time.

Now, I’m very much in the minority, but I would rather they fix co-op campaign to at least stay connected before MP.

Well, is there any chance that this will get fixed until Halo 5 resleases?

> 2533274914695937;6:
> Well, is there any chance that this will get fixed until Halo 5 resleases?

there is a chance yes, no idea if it will but there is a chance. they still have months before h5 launches and I expect it’ll get better in the next 4 months. that’s just me though.