Coop: 2 player of 4 player?

I haven’t seen a trailer or video that clarifies whether Halo Anniversary will maintain the Halo 1s 2 player coop or if they are making it 4 player coop over xbox live like Halo 3 and Halo Reach had. If anyone has found knowledge about this, please comment.

It’s been mentioned that it’s 2 player a few times. :slight_smile:

Hopefully it’s four player but they keep on saying “two player co-op over xbox live…”.

> Hopefully it’s four player but they keep on saying “two player co-op over xbox live…”.

Yeah, I’ve heard that mentioned too. If its not 4 player coop I’d be a little angry. And I think a lot of people would be too. I know that the 2 player coop was how Halo 1 was and it would make it original to Halo 1, but if they can add all those new graphics, that weird, possibly “kinect only” feature, with the scanning I think they can make it 4 player coop. Because so many people are excited about it and I’d like to play it with 3 other friends.

The reason it’s 2 player is because it was originally designed as a 2 player experience, so there’ll be sections where it wouldn’t really work with 4 of you, like there wouldn’t be enough ammo, weapons, vehicles, health packs etc.

Im pretty sure the limit is 2 players, however you will be able to play splitcreen with your buddy. Removing that would be changeing a huuuge factor of what defined halo ce.

> The reason it’s 2 player is because it was originally designed as a 2 player experience, so there’ll be sections where it wouldn’t really work with 4 of you, like there wouldn’t be enough ammo, weapons, vehicles, health packs etc.

Yeah, I see what you mean. But the other halos with 4 player coop had similar challenges, so they just added more ammo and enemies to combat to balance out.
But the 2 player coop is significant for the Halo CE experience.

It is 2 player co-op. Apart from 4 player co-op not being in the original game it’d be too much trouble making it 4 players.

For example, the levels aren’t designed with 4 players in mind so there are a lot of small/cramped spaces (such as the coridoors in nearly every level) where it’d be very confusing with 4 players. Also, there are certain parts of the game (the level Halo for example) where a Warthog is dropped off. If this happened one player would have to walk. If they added in another Pelican it would be changing the game too much. Another thing is the teleporting system. When a player moves too far away from the other player, one of them is teleported. Again this could be very confusing as this teleporting system is a lot stricter than the other Halo games. The engine is still the Halo CE engine so it probably wouldn’t be able to handle it.

Halo CE isn’t built for 4-player co-op.