Cool grenade idea? Gravity Grenade.

Hello Waypoint, I was playing Halo Reach today and a grenade exploded right behind me while i was jumping forward and it flew me forward towards the enemy who threw it at me. This made me think:

Wouldn’t it be cool if there was a grenade that did very little or no damage, but manipulated gravity greatly? It would create a push wherever the grenade hits, pushing away nearby players a great distance. I think it would lead to cool encounters and greatly spice up the sandbox.

Thoughts?

umm…
i would like a gernade that makes enemys and players disinegrate like the forerunner scattershot does

Something along the lines of this? (@1:12 is the best example)

> umm…
> i would like a gernade that makes enemys and players disinegrate like the forerunner scattershot does

A Flash-BANG!

To OP: I doubt it would be put in the game. It could work but it can’t be too powerful or it could throw enemies against walls and kill them. And could you imagine the team-mate trolling? Pushing team-mates and friendly vehicles off cliffs. The up side is you can also do that on enemies too.

So it causes players to float in the air?

> So it causes players to float in the air?

not float, but lowers gravity in the area for a short enough time to send whatever is in the area flying, like if gravity was 1/4 from a frag grenade

I don’t like this idea, sounds like a waste of grenade spawn points, and doesn’t sound like it would make very good gameplay.

Wasn’t that in Mass Effect 3?

I want the pumpkin grenade that the green goblin uses.

I see many glitchs ahead young Jedi.

I think it’s a cool idea. If you could adjust what the grenade was going to do - increase or decrease gravity - you could have quite a powerful weapon. Not sure if it’s necessarily Halo-esque, but it’s a cool idea in general. I think a lot of people would hate it if they showed up in multiplayer; I wouldn’t be among them, but…

> I want the pumpkin grenade that the green goblin uses.

All I could see was green.

> Wouldn’t it be cool if there was a grenade that did very little or no damage, but manipulated gravity greatly? It would create a push wherever the grenade hits, pushing away nearby players a great distance.

Sounds like an easier grenade jump + concussion rifle in grenade form. In other words, somewhat redundant.

> umm…
> i would like a gernade that makes enemys and players disinegrate like the forerunner scattershot does

Shouldn’t grenades do that already?

What about a flamable gas grenade? Grenade does no damage, but the Area of Effect that the gas fills becomes super combustible?

Sounds like the gravity well from the Quake mod.