Convincing Signs Of Clan System In Halo 4! =D

This video was recently released.
Exclusive 343 Interview
The video is three minutes long, with approximately 42 seconds of Halo 4 in-game Multiplayer gameplay! :smiley:
If you watch the video and pause during any gameplay moment, you will see 2 colored flags in the bottom-right corner.
These flags obviously represent the Red and Blue teams.
But if you look closely at these flags, you will see emblems on them.
The red team’s emblem is a wolf, and the blue team’s emblem is a unicorn (I think).
This leads me to believe that a clan system is in place.
And the clans have their own emblems.

Also, below the flags is the phrase “Midnight Team Slayer”.
Midnight may be the name of the party leader’s clan.
Or it may just be the name of the gametype…

I’M SO EXCITED!

Update 1

If clans are in Halo 4, should they be given a limit on the number of players in the clan?
And if so, what should that limit be?
Why should there be a limit? Why shouldn’t there be a limit?
If you chose a limit, why did you choose that limit?

Hopefully. Clans were one of the big reasons why Halo 2 was great and had tons of replay value.

Clans are coming back as an actual not just word of mouth change your color and emblem?

>_< I really do hope so. though the whole clan name in Halo has a bad name, this would still be helpful to battle teams and groups of friends. Even if you don’t like clans, you gotta admit the system would be handy.

I hope they bring back clans they gave halo 2 a competitive feel too it

> I hope they bring back clans they gave halo 2 a competitive feel too it

They definitely did. Clan battle playlists were awesome.

> Hopefully. Clans were one of the big reasons why Halo 2 was great and had tons of replay value.

Ironically, it was the first thing to get cut from Halo 2 due to higher level players getting bored, resetting their clan rank and kicking the eff out of lower ones.

Though I did have a good time with it until I had enough of that scenario back in the day, I hope 343 figured out a way to prevent that from happening if they were to bring it back. Otherwise, it’ll implode on itself again.

> > Hopefully. Clans were one of the big reasons why Halo 2 was great and had tons of replay value.
>
> Ironically, it was the first thing to get cut from Halo 2 due to higher level players getting bored, resetting their clan rank and kicking the eff out of lower ones.
>
> Though I did have a good time with it until I had enough of that scenario back in the day, I hope 343 figured out a way to prevent that from happening if they were to bring it back. Otherwise, it’ll implode on itself again.

There are ways around that. At the time, I really didn’t see any reasons to get rid of it. It was still fun for me, being in a formerly competitive clan.

> > Hopefully. Clans were one of the big reasons why Halo 2 was great and had tons of replay value.
>
> Ironically, it was the first thing to get cut from Halo 2 due to higher level players getting bored, resetting their clan rank and kicking the eff out of lower ones.
>
> Though I did have a good time with it until I had enough of that scenario back in the day, I hope 343 figured out a way to prevent that from happening if they were to bring it back. Otherwise, it’ll implode on itself again.

Give players personal clan-altered ranks.
Meaning there’s the Clan’s rank, and then your own rank based upon the clan’s rank.
And a player cannot join a clan unless his clan-altered rank is close to the clan’s rank.
This clan-altered rank cannot be reset, unless he wants to get a new account.

> > > Hopefully. Clans were one of the big reasons why Halo 2 was great and had tons of replay value.
> >
> > Ironically, it was the first thing to get cut from Halo 2 due to higher level players getting bored, resetting their clan rank and kicking the eff out of lower ones.
> >
> > Though I did have a good time with it until I had enough of that scenario back in the day, I hope 343 figured out a way to prevent that from happening if they were to bring it back. Otherwise, it’ll implode on itself again.
>
> Give players personal clan-altered ranks.
> Meaning there’s the Clan’s rank, and then your own rank based upon the clan’s rank.
> And a player cannot join a clan unless his clan-altered rank is close to the clan’s rank.
> This clan-altered rank cannot be reset, unless he wants to get a new account.

Also, you could do separate “platoons” or “squads” within the clan that are four man teams that have a cumulative rank in clan playlists that possess four man variants.

unicorn clan emblem?

must be bronies :smiley:

BROHOOF

> > > > Hopefully. Clans were one of the big reasons why Halo 2 was great and had tons of replay value.
> > >
> > > Ironically, it was the first thing to get cut from Halo 2 due to higher level players getting bored, resetting their clan rank and kicking the eff out of lower ones.
> > >
> > > Though I did have a good time with it until I had enough of that scenario back in the day, I hope 343 figured out a way to prevent that from happening if they were to bring it back. Otherwise, it’ll implode on itself again.
> >
> > Give players personal clan-altered ranks.
> > Meaning there’s the Clan’s rank, and then your own rank based upon the clan’s rank.
> > And a player cannot join a clan unless his clan-altered rank is close to the clan’s rank.
> > This clan-altered rank cannot be reset, unless he wants to get a new account.
>
> Also, you could do separate “platoons” or “squads” within the clan that are four man teams that have a cumulative rank in clan playlists that possess four man variants.

You’re on to something for sure.
But it’s missing something…
But I don’t know what…

> This video was recently released.
> Exclusive 343 Interview
> The video is three minutes long, with approximately 42 seconds of Halo 4 in-game Multiplayer gameplay! :smiley:
> If you watch the video and pause during any gameplay moment, you will see 2 colored flags in the bottom-right corner.
> These flags obviously represent the Red and Blue teams.
> But if you look closely at these flags, you will see emblems on them.
> The red team’s emblem is a wolf, and the blue team’s emblem is a unicorn (I think).
> This leads me to believe that a clan system is in place.
> And the clans have their own emblems.
>
> Also, below the flags is the phrase “Midnight Team Slayer”.
> Midnight may be the name of the party leader’s clan.
> Or it may just be the name of the gametype…
>
> I’M SO EXCITED!
> ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> Update 1
>
> If clans are in Halo 4, should they be given a limit on the number of players in the clan?
> And if so, what should that limit be?
> Why should there be a limit? Why shouldn’t there be a limit?
> If you chose a limit, why did you choose that limit?

Me and many others hope your right …

Smartphone fail 1

Smartphone fail 2

> Smartphone fail 1

What?

I noticed those emblems on the scoreboard a long time ago and could not figure out why they were there.

It would make plenty of sense for them to be clan emblems in a clan battle. Great thinking! Hopefully this is right. I’d like to see clans return.