Controller vs MnK

Let me start off by saying, I originally started Halo on controller back in the Halo 2 days stopped playing with Halo 5 when I discovered H1Z1 on PC. Been playing MnK ever since, haven’t picked up the controller except once or twice to play Apex but would go back to MnK after 1-2 games.

I just went and dug up my old xbox elite controller to plug it in and play with. First 2-3 games I was TRASH!! We’re talking 2-3 kills a game.

Been about an hour now since start of today’s second play time, broooooooooo what in the world are controller players complaining about?! Absolutely shredding people now on controller. The AA is freaking INSANE! This isn’t to say turn it down, or that controllers got it easy, but my booty is switching to controller cause this is seriously so much more fun to play on controller then MnK, get used to the AA a little bit and start melting kids. Tracking people with the little bit of AA is 10x easier on controller. Horizontal movement is trash compared to good ol’ faithful MnK but I can live with it.

Halo controller gang for sure if they don’t mess with anything. Onyx here I come again!

For those saying you don’t think I’m playing, or that I’m trolling and lying. Enjoy some beams with controller from my last 3-4 matches.

Man i dunno, the hundreds of other people saying it’s bad makes me inclined to not really believe you.

> 2533274874948907;1:
> Let me start off by saying, I originally started Halo on controller back in the Halo 2 days stopped playing with Halo 5 when I discovered H1Z1 on PC. Been playing MnK ever since, haven’t picked up the controller except once or twice to play Apex but would go back to MnK after 1-2 games.
>
> I just went and dug up my old xbox elite controller to plug it in and play with. First 2-3 games I was TRASH!! We’re talking 2-3 kills a game.
>
> Been about an hour now since start of today’s second play time, broooooooooo what in the world are controller players complaining about?! Absolutely shredding people now on controller. The AA is freaking INSANE! This isn’t to say turn it down, or that controllers got it easy, but my booty is switching to controller cause this is seriously so much more fun to play on controller then MnK, get used to the AA a little bit and start melting kids. Tracking people with the little bit of AA is 10x easier on controller. Horizontal movement is trash compared to good ol’ faithful MnK but I can live with it.
>
> Halo controller gang for sure if they don’t mess with anything. Onyx here I come again!

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

Im playin on PC with Xbox controller. Tired of newbs saying they cant play, hope the developer doesn’t change it.

> 2533274802341352;2:
> Man i dunno, the hundreds of other people saying it’s bad makes me inclined to not really believe you.

Those have to be controller players. I’m freaking loving this crap on controller. 16-9 last game. 15-7 ctf game before that. Accuracy has gone from about 45% to 55-60% last few matches.

> 2535472694730928;4:
> Im on playin PC with Xbox controller. Tired of newbs saying they cant play, hope the developer doesn’t change it.

Maybe it’s partly because of my PC being able to handle the perf a bit better, so it just feels better. But damn it feels good lazering kids with the AR and Pistol. Even the BR and Commando feel better. Command wrecks people on MnK.

> 2533274874948907;6:
> > 2535472694730928;4:
> > Im on playin PC with Xbox controller. Tired of newbs saying they cant play, hope the developer doesn’t change it.
>
> Maybe it’s partly because of my PC being able to handle the perf a bit better, so it just feels better. But damn it feels good lazering kids with the AR and Pistol. Even the BR and Commando feel better. Command wrecks people on MnK.

I love the commando and please excuse my mistype

> 2533274874948907;5:
> > 2533274802341352;2:
> > Man i dunno, the hundreds of other people saying it’s bad makes me inclined to not really believe you.
>
> Those have to be controller players. I’m freaking loving this crap on controller. 16-9 last game. 15-7 ctf game before that. Accuracy has gone from about 45% to 55-60% last few matches.

yea, i get 40-55 accuracy with controller as well, by not picking up precision weapons because they are awful to use. A good player will do what they need to do in order to perform well, but the game makes it harder than it should be, and it will get very un-fun very quickly when I go against K&B players sniping me with sidekicks across the map, and no that is not a hyperbole. I like Halo a lot, and I enjoy most of what this game has, so I will stick with it and adapt as best I can, but fighting the awful controller aiming on PC every single second wears me out, and I am far more patient with it than a lot of other players will be.

Halo will sadly always be tired to his roots as a Controller based game. It still releasing on Console and the 343 being owned by a Company who still makes more money from Xbox the from selling Windows OS licenses and services guarantees that.

Just the way Halo has been and always will be. Halo PC/CE and Halo 2 were the exceptions but that’s largely due to them being successfully ported by the Old Gearbox team.

Not that I am saying it should be that way, just sayin it’s the way things stand. Console and Controller users will always get market favor over PC users when it comes to a game that’s history is heavily rooted in console release.

> 2533274802341352;8:
> > 2533274874948907;5:
> > > 2533274802341352;2:
> > > Man i dunno, the hundreds of other people saying it’s bad makes me inclined to not really believe you.
> >
> > Those have to be controller players. I’m freaking loving this crap on controller. 16-9 last game. 15-7 ctf game before that. Accuracy has gone from about 45% to 55-60% last few matches.
>
> yea, i get 40-55 accuracy with controller as well, by not picking up precision weapons because they are awful to use. A good player will do what they need to do in order to perform well, but the game makes it harder than it should be, and it will get very un-fun very quickly when I go against K&B players sniping me with sidekicks across the map, and no that is not a hyperbole. I like Halo a lot, and I enjoy most of what this game has, so I will stick with it and adapt as best I can, but fighting the awful controller aiming on PC every single second wears me out, and I am far more patient with it than a lot of other players will be.

No. My accuracy on PC was around 40-50… Now it’s consistently 50-60%

> 2533274874948907;10:
> > 2533274802341352;8:
> > > 2533274874948907;5:
> > > > 2533274802341352;2:
> > > > Man i dunno, the hundreds of other people saying it’s bad makes me inclined to not really believe you.
> > >
> > > Those have to be controller players. I’m freaking loving this crap on controller. 16-9 last game. 15-7 ctf game before that. Accuracy has gone from about 45% to 55-60% last few matches.
> >
> > yea, i get 40-55 accuracy with controller as well, by not picking up precision weapons because they are awful to use. A good player will do what they need to do in order to perform well, but the game makes it harder than it should be, and it will get very un-fun very quickly when I go against K&B players sniping me with sidekicks across the map, and no that is not a hyperbole. I like Halo a lot, and I enjoy most of what this game has, so I will stick with it and adapt as best I can, but fighting the awful controller aiming on PC every single second wears me out, and I am far more patient with it than a lot of other players will be.
>
> No. My accuracy on PC was around 40-50… Now it’s consistently 50-60%

Sorry man, but your experience just isn’t in line with the majority of others. If it worked great for you, great, but for a lot of us, aiming is not in a good state at all.

Aiming on controller is terrible. You clearly don’t understand the point - people aren’t saying they can’t get kills, so your “I went 16-7 on CTF” is a pointless statement. As is the, “look my accuracy on a controller is higher than it was on M&K”. On controller certain weapons are currently unusable beyond a certain range, the commando and pistol specifically. So, controller players are using the AR for everything as the reticle is bigger and it’s easy to use at every range. Nobody is saying it is hard to aim with the AR on controller. We’re very specifically talking about precision weapons at range.

Only the BR feels like it has any aim assist, but the relative strength of the AR means that it’s outperforming it at ranges it shouldn’t.

Every game at the moment is an AR and melee fest. It feels significantly less skillful and tactical than Halo 2 or Halo 3.

> 2535472694730928;4:
> Im playin on PC with Xbox controller. Tired of newbs saying they cant play, hope the developer doesn’t change it.

Looked up your profile and you haven’t played any previous Halo game. So why are you suggesting other people are new?

People aren’t complaining that they can’t play - getting kills isn’t a problem, but the almost non-existent aim assist means that game is heavily weighted toward ARs and close range pistol spam. Which feels terrible, whether you’re going 19-3 or not.

I honestly think it’s a little overblown, however AA should not track heads like it does in this game. AA should not be so powerful that pros are going to choose controller. It should be balanced so that your average controller player is evenly matched with your average MnK player. Right now I feel like controller is favored, which feels weird.

> 2533274806943680;12:
> Aiming on controller is terrible. You clearly don’t understand the point - people aren’t saying they can’t get kills, so your “I went 16-7 on CTF” is a pointless statement. As is the, “look my accuracy on a controller is higher than it was on M&K”. On controller certain weapons are currently unusable beyond a certain range, the commando and pistol specifically. So, controller players are using the AR for everything as the reticle is bigger and it’s easy to use at every range. Nobody is saying it is hard to aim with the AR on controller. We’re very specifically talking about precision weapons at range.
>
> Only the BR feels like it has any aim assist, but the relative strength of the AR means that it’s outperforming it at ranges it shouldn’t.
>
> Every game at the moment is an AR and melee fest. It feels significantly less skillful and tactical than Halo 2 or Halo 3.

Commando?! What?! I’m absolutely lazering kids with the Commando. Pistol is boo-boo after medium range, but it shreds up close, good medium distance too as long as you don’t spam it. BR feels really good too. AR is the one that needs a nerfing, I shouldn’t 1 be able to zoom in with it and 2 have no headshot multiplayer. My last I’d say 5 matches have been almost zero melee’in probably because I’m figuring out the maps a bit better and partly because like I said I’m beaming kids now so I don’t feel the need to get up close and personal for melee’n to happen.

> 2533274816702503;14:
> I honestly think it’s a little overblown, however AA should not track heads like it does in this game. AA should not be so powerful that pros are going to choose controller. It should be balanced so that your average controller player is evenly matched with your average MnK player. Right now I feel like controller is favored, which feels weird.

I agree. Currently if what is in this tech flight went live. I’d hands down pick controller. Friday night and Saturday I played mouse and keyboard, Spent about an hour with Spartan bots 3 - 1 in training with controller and today used controller. Absolute night and day difference. My KD spread is nuts today.

The only way to not favor is separate the lobbies. Turn off crossplay by default and let people choose to play cross platform if they choose. Majority won’t. So games will feel better matched.

> 2533274874948907;15:
> > 2533274806943680;12:
> > Aiming on controller is terrible. You clearly don’t understand the point - people aren’t saying they can’t get kills, so your “I went 16-7 on CTF” is a pointless statement. As is the, “look my accuracy on a controller is higher than it was on M&K”. On controller certain weapons are currently unusable beyond a certain range, the commando and pistol specifically. So, controller players are using the AR for everything as the reticle is bigger and it’s easy to use at every range. Nobody is saying it is hard to aim with the AR on controller. We’re very specifically talking about precision weapons at range.
> >
> > Only the BR feels like it has any aim assist, but the relative strength of the AR means that it’s outperforming it at ranges it shouldn’t.
> >
> > Every game at the moment is an AR and melee fest. It feels significantly less skillful and tactical than Halo 2 or Halo 3.
>
> Commando?! What?! I’m absolutely lazering kids with the Commando. Pistol is boo-boo after medium range, but it shreds up close, good medium distance too as long as you don’t spam it. BR feels really good too. AR is the one that needs a nerfing, I shouldn’t 1 be able to zoom in with it and 2 have no headshot multiplayer. My last I’d say 5 matches have been almost zero melee’in probably because I’m figuring out the maps a bit better and partly because like I said I’m beaming kids now so I don’t feel the need to get up close and personal for melee’n to happen.

There is no way you are lazering people with a Commando on controller. And claiming the AR needs a nerf? At this point man, no way you aren’t just trolling or trying to make yourself look good.

Sorry but this is twoddle the aim assist on consoles with controllers is almost non existent. It’s there but it’s very weak. This game will end up like Halo MCC a very small population.

> 2533274885506317;18:
> Sorry but this is twoddle the aim assist on consoles with controllers is almost non existent. It’s there but it’s very weak. This game will end up like Halo MCC a very small population.

Yea he’s saying he lasers people with the commando lol, and that the AR needs a nerf. He’s obviously trolling.

I think their is a bug with controller because I have experienced zero aim assist at all. It’s extremely difficult to aim and I seem to get lots of stick drift I don’t experience on any other game. Mix that in with broken spawns and poor weapon balance and the current flight is just unplayable for me.