controller shuts off when firing in MP only

The subject says it all. Doesn’t happen all the time and have double checked batteries and changed controllers. I’m about two to three feet from my xbox. I just exit to the dashboard and then reload the game and its fine. Any ideas?

Turn vibration off, see if it changes anything. (If it is on at least)
Had this problem once.

The game doesn’t have anything to do w it. Sounds to me like something is wrong w the controller. Try playing another shooter and see if it does the same thing. Something could be wrong w your trigger, some thing wrong w the board… maybe something is shorting, could be a vibration motor… ?

Have never had it happen in another shooter. Also doesn’t happen in the campain. Play pretty often and have never had this happen in any of the other FPS I play. Thought it could be the controller so I switched but still happened. I’ll try turning off the vibration but don’t really think id have the same problem with both controllers.

I’m reporting I have the exact same issue, it happens on Ep1 Ch2 of SpartanOps and on Multiplayer randomly, it is not the batteries and the controller is totally fine, tested with Halo Reach, Red Dead Redemtion and even Operation Flashpoint Red River and controller works, it only happens on Halo 4, known issue?

In the beginning of a BTB match (Blue Team)on Exile and I hear someone else complaining on my team that the warthog driver had suddenly stopped in front of an enemy about to enter the tank and got them both killed. I didn’t think much of it until 30 seconds later my controller turned off when I was about to kill someone (then he killed me instead). I am wondering if someone has figured out how to hack and turn off controllers to give themselves an advantage during a match or its a problem with matchmaking? Any thoughts on this anyone?

Happened to me as well in MP. I actually had to pull the battery out and put it back in before I could turn on my controller again.

This has never happened to me but it sounds pretty cool lol.

Lol I think I’ve heard it all now. Hacks to turn off controllers? And how exactly would they manage to get said hack on your console? Thats right they cant. Dont be so dense.

You either have a busted controller, or your charge pack/battery holder is nackered. Either way its not the game or a hack lolz.

> Lol I think I’ve heard it all now. Hacks to turn off controllers? And how exactly would they manage to get said hack on your console? Thats right they cant. Dont be so dense.
>
> You either have a busted controller, or your charge pack/battery holder is nackered. Either way its not the game or a hack lolz.

I’ve heard Halo 4 has a lot of hackers. Either way, it IS possible, because it has to do with interrupting the signal between the Xbox and the controller. If you have a cord, try using that. There are a lot of other ways, but you can never rule out the fact it could be hackers.

Perhaps it’s also just an issue with H4, although it has never happened to me

Dude catch a grip, they CAN NOT send a hack down Xbox live to your console. To interfere with the wifi would mean accessing the wifi on YOUR box and that is simply not possible remotely. Its a broken controller or battery pack. Jesus some people will beleive anything.

Who uses batteries still??? Just buy a charge pack station for your Xbox and you’ll be saving money instead of wasting on buying batteries.

My controller is fine and batteries are not so old. I have never had this happen to me before with any other games. Other people on this thread have had a similar experience as I have. Anything is possible, especially with technology. To rule out something such as hacking would make you dense. Unless it is proven impossible I suspect someone hacked me or something is wrong with the game.

> My controller is fine and batteries are not so old. I have never had this happen to me before with any other games. Other people on this thread have had a similar experience as I have. Anything is possible, especially with technology. To rule out something such as hacking would make you dense. Unless it is proven impossible I suspect someone hacked me or something is wrong with the game.

He has a point, you know.

Hackers are pretty good at what they do.

getting a wired controller solves all controller power issue :slight_smile:

It is physically impossible for someone to hack your console remotely on LIVE. You can not download anything to the console through LIVE that MS has not approved for usage on the LIVE network.

Its the controller, I know for a fact it is. My mate has the same thing with his pad on CoD with vibration on. Vibrations makes the pack lose contact with the batteries and stutdown. Claiming your console has been hacked remotely and someone is turning off your controller is frankly nonsense.

And anyone believing him or agreeing its hackers doesnt know a damn thing about coding, networking or hacking in any way shape or form.

Same thing just happened to me. Whenever I press the right trigger my controller automatically shuts off only in halo 4 and only in multiplayer. My other controller works fine however except it’s old and clicking the left stick doesn’t register. This is the strangest thing ever and there is nothing wrong with my battery pack.

I’m thinking I should try and get one of those play and charge kits because if the controller is physically plugged in there is no way it could randomly turn off like that right?

I cant see it being hacks, sounds more like the controlers are dirty inside or your contacts are messed up. Might be worth buying a new one

Huh, that’s strange. I’ve heard about it before though.

My nephew’s girlfriend couldn’t use the DMR in Halo: Reach because the controller shut down everytime she fired it.

Every other weapon worked fine but as soon as she used the DMR, the controller died.

I don’t think they found a solution.

no really check the vibration. sometimes when controllers get old the battery pack becomes lose and vibrations shake it loose and the controller shuts off. turn off vibrations and see if it shuts off. if it doesnt test it again by shaking the controller yourself.