Controller scheme

Here’s a pic of the controller scheme Halo 5: Guardians controller scheme Do you like it?

[NOPE

](http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14)as long as theres a control scheme that looks like recon as close as possible then yes.
Control scheme preferances are going to based on individual taste but i know i speak for many a player when i say:

343 map Zoom (aka smart scope) to where its was. It wasnt broken dont fix it.

> 2533274870591903;2:
> NOPE
>
>
as long as theres a control scheme that looks like recon as close as possible then yes.
> Control scheme preferances are going to based on individual taste but i know i speak for many a player when i say:
>
> 343 map Zoom (aka smart scope) to where its was. It wasnt broken dont fix it.

Recon is confirmed to be in the game

All old controls will still be in there guaranteed. I think they make the default left trigger for the benefit of new players to Halo (coming from other FPS’s)

I feel that we should have the option to create our own controller scheme. This is the next gen, we should have customization like that. You guys agree?

Nice of you to ask :slight_smile:

No, I don’t like it. 343i are trying to tell us that Smart Scope isn’t ADS, which as a gameplay mechanic it really isn’t. But then they put it in the mainstream ADS button instead of the all time Halo standard Right Stick (or is it left, -Yoink-). Which means that people will probably use it like ADS…

And what’s worse, this pushes the grenade button out of the Left Trigger! What were they thinking?! Halo has always been RT for guns and LT for grenades, and it always worked perfectly! I understand the need to appeal to the mainstream crowd (who are used to the ADS in LT control scheme) but this is pretty ridiculous. You couldn’t guess from that picture that we’re talking about a Halo game.

And I’d like to add that I’m overall very happy with Halo 5 so far. I’m sure there will be a Recon Layout and I’ll obviously use it. I just think it’s a shame that 343i seems unconfident enough to do this, as if all the COD gamers would quit the game if the default controller was a little different than what they’re used to.

> 2533274840469109;5:
> I feel that we should have the option to create our own controller scheme. This is the next gen, we should have customization like that. You guys agree?

That would be nice

YES!

I like it but personally I’d prefer to swap grenades and thruster pack.

Recon better still be available as I’m guessing most will want to use that.

How about this: switch grenade with Smart Scope. That seems a bit more solid.

Hell no. Zooming with LT sound awful, especially since I’ve been using bumper jumper since Halo 3.

The only main change I would want from a control scheme is swapping the LT and LB for grenade and melee. Using the left trigger with descope will be annoying.

I will be using recon because I hat using the left triger
for zooming

I hope they have bumper jumper in Halo 5.

Yes! It’s The Exact Layout I Would Use. I Don’t Use The B Button Much So I Would Set It To Something I Wouldnt Use. I Usually Crouch Right Right Stick & Meele With RB. Overall I Love It.

There is a button layout called Recon, as you could assume is pretty much exactly what you get in halo 2 but with added controls for the new abilities.

I was about to lose it because that control scheme implies that there is no crouch jump, but then I remembered that you can just grab the ledge. =P

Looks good to me!

didn’t they say that ground pound was going to be swapped to hold melee while airborne?

> 2535455905503287;19:
> didn’t they say that ground pound was going to be swapped to hold melee while airborne?

This thread is over 6 months old…