Controller issues in JUST Halo 4.

When playing Halo 4, my “viewing/turning speed” locks up and it feels like the sensitivity is below 1… Even though it’s on 4. I’ve tried 1-10 and they all end up turning slower than they’re suppose to. Vehicles, I can’t even turn. Flying a Banshee, I have to boost out of the area because I can’t go left or right… But then it gets better? It does this randomly… But it’s happening more and more. When I’m in a Warthog…

Driving, it locks up sometimes…
Gunning, I can’t even turn… At all… Unless the vehicle isn’t moving.

My controller isn’t at fault because I’ve tried 2 BRAND NEW Wireless controllers.

Halo 4 is the only game where this problem seems to persist.

I’ve googled multiple times rewording it any way I can think and no one else seems to have my problem… Maybe they think it’s their controller…?

Please, give me some feedback. It’s not my batteries… I’ve bought a whole pack just to see if it would improve… I also bought a rechargeable kit and 6 rechargeable batteries… Same thing happens. Besides leaving it on 10, what can i do? I’ve had this problem since Novembet 6 and it’s a big turnoff for me since I can’t even aim at someone half the time.

By the way, I typed this on my iPhone… So I know it’s going to look like I stole China’s Wall. Please, don’t patronize me.

your controlers probably have slow turn just get new ones

These ARE NEW!

And did you not read? I said it only happens in halo 4.

i had the same problem it only happened in halo games for me tho halo 3, reach and 4 mine worked perfectly for cod. then i bought a new controller and it seemed to work fine for halo and cod not sure why though

Wired or wireless pads? Wireless pads have a number of issues associated with them simply due to the wifi. First off, re-sync the controller to the xbox. Many control issues are due to erronous wifi signals. By re-syncing you make the pad and xbox find a new wifi frequency to use. If you have a phone with wifi, a laptop and/or a tablet with wifi the signals from each device can interfere with one another when they are all active. Also neighbouring signals can over-ride yours and blanket out certain signal ranges.

Secondly; Check that the pads pack is fully charged PROPERLY. The vast majority of charge packs are not charged up correctly from purchase and can cause reduced signal strength for the wifi resulting in “loose” controls when gaming. To charge it properly it must be fully discharged at least 3 times and fully charged again. That means NOT charging it when the lights flash, but instead completely draining the pack THEN charging it. Doing this will allow the lith-ion to reach its full potential charge.

Lastly; Auto aim in Halo 4. Auto-aim in H4 is extremely strong, and can give the impression of “slow” controls. Many times it will “lock” to a single target making it extremely tricky to break the lock to a second nearby target. This can appear at times to make the controls slow and unresponsive, particularly in campaign when faced with lots of crawler units in medium/short range.

I would highly recommend downloading the “Controller Doctor” App/Game off the Marketplace. Go through each of the steps that it tells you to go through. You’ll be able to tell if the controller/controllers are considered “slow”. Just because their brand new doesn’t mean they don’t have slow. I bought a brand new Microsoft controller and had to return it the next day because the left analog stick only turned left 70%. Which is considered slow. It’s a Microsoft flaw and has yet to be fixed. It happens in other games as well, just halo is extremely easy to tell. Always has been.

This is the exact problem I have been having. Someone said auto aim, and I don’t think that is what is happening. I am of course typing this before I try any of the methods the others have suggested.

at times my guy turns at a crawl, and one direction seems to be faster than the other. I have once stood there in the match moving the view left and right marveling at how my 7 sensitivity felt like 1. And like magic, it sped up again.

I know that feel, bro.

EDIT: AHAA! I got the controller doctor as the man above me suggested, and sure enough, my stick is apparantly “slow” most of the time when turning right. This fits in perfectly with noticing that I can turn left faster, usually.

This same thing is happening to me and its definatly not the controllers, and this seems to be the only flaw that I have with this game, to bad its not being able to fix…

there is a sulution, its not the game its the controller. microsoft screwed that up. there is a sulution read 2 posts above before making yourself look like a troll. also dont bring back dead posts

This only ever happens in Halo because of vehicle physics. It was a problem in Halo 3 and Reach as well.

It’s because there is a dead zone that isn’t detectable on the highly sensetive First Person perspective, but is pretty easily noticeable during vehicle control, with several delays between turning and vehicle action.

> This only ever happens in Halo because of vehicle physics. It was a problem in Halo 3 and Reach as well.
>
> It’s because there is a dead zone that isn’t detectable on the highly sensetive First Person perspective, but is pretty easily noticeable during vehicle control, with several delays between turning and vehicle action.

At this point, I wouldn’t mind Halo 2’s physics.