Controller deadzones

Hello, just giving my feedback that currently without an option to turn off controller deadzones (Xbox X) I am unable to play with any enjoyment. The other games I play including MCC, Destiny 2 and CSGO all have no deadzone options and without turning mine off I constantly feel like I am fighting the sticks instead of using them to aim – especially in a game where headshot modifiers are so strong on every gun including the AR.

I am constantly overshooting my target thanks to the increased acceleration and am finding it frustrating than 1 is the minimum setting, still forcing me to overshoot heads and then correct. I can’t play any more of the beta with this setting enabled so please for full release make 0 an option.

This is just my personal feedback, thank you very much for the beta.

> 2533274817730127;1:
> Hello, just giving my feedback that currently without an option to turn off controller deadzones (Xbox X) I am unable to play with any enjoyment. The other games I play including MCC, Destiny 2 and CSGO all have no deadzone options and without turning mine off I constantly feel like I am fighting the sticks instead of using them to aim – especially in a game where headshot modifiers are so strong on every gun including the AR.
>
> I am constantly overshooting my target thanks to the increased acceleration and am finding it frustrating than 1 is the minimum setting, still forcing me to overshoot heads and then correct. I can’t play any more of the beta with this setting enabled so please for full release make 0 an option.
>
> This is just my personal feedback, thank you very much for the beta.

Not really sure what any of this means? I agree that aiming is in need of attention either stronger aim assist or better more settings to tweak, rather than going by .5 you can adjust by .1 however, I don’t understand how having “no deadzones options” is better? Are you saying if they just remove the ability to adjust it and set a universal default the game will play better? Cuz no, that makes no sense. If your deadzone feels like you keep over shooting, turn the deadzone UP not down, you might need more space for your thumb to move into you call it an input. If you feel like you barely move your thumb and you can’t micro adjust, then turn them down. It’s incredibly easy. Turning them to either 0 or 100 will be considered “off” 0 would be the most “off” you could get. Whatever that means

> 2533274909466448;2:
> > 2533274817730127;1:
> > Hello, just giving my feedback that currently without an option to turn off controller deadzones (Xbox X) I am unable to play with any enjoyment. The other games I play including MCC, Destiny 2 and CSGO all have no deadzone options and without turning mine off I constantly feel like I am fighting the sticks instead of using them to aim – especially in a game where headshot modifiers are so strong on every gun including the AR.
> >
> > I am constantly overshooting my target thanks to the increased acceleration and am finding it frustrating than 1 is the minimum setting, still forcing me to overshoot heads and then correct. I can’t play any more of the beta with this setting enabled so please for full release make 0 an option.
> >
> > This is just my personal feedback, thank you very much for the beta.
>
> Not really sure what any of this means? I agree that aiming is in need of attention either stronger aim assist or better more settings to tweak, rather than going by .5 you can adjust by .1 however, I don’t understand how having “no deadzones options” is better? Are you saying if they just remove the ability to adjust it and set a universal default the game will play better? Cuz no, that makes no sense. If your deadzone feels like you keep over shooting, turn the deadzone UP not down, you might need more space for your thumb to move into you call it an input. If you feel like you barely move your thumb and you can’t micro adjust, then turn them down. It’s incredibly easy. Turning them to either 0 or 100 will be considered “off” 0 would be the most “off” you could get. Whatever that means

Deadzones are a form of setting in controllers, what it does is make it so when the stick is pulled in a direction completely it accelerates the sensitivity. Turning it down doesn’t turn it off so even at the minimal setting when you try to quickly react to being shot the sensitivity you play with is overrulled by the deadzone setting. What I am looking for is when I set my sensitivity to 10, I want it at 10, no changing that setting for me when I didn’t ask for it. I have tried the maximum and minimum settings on the beta but both mess with my sensitivity so I’ve gone back to playing other games until (hopefully) full release has an option for complete 0.

I don’t want no deadzones for everyone, I want it as an option so I can mimic the aiming in MCC, Destiny 2 etc.

> 2533274817730127;3:
> > 2533274909466448;2:
> > > 2533274817730127;1:
> > > Hello, just giving my feedback that currently without an option to turn off controller deadzones (Xbox X) I am unable to play with any enjoyment. The other games I play including MCC, Destiny 2 and CSGO all have no deadzone options and without turning mine off I constantly feel like I am fighting the sticks instead of using them to aim – especially in a game where headshot modifiers are so strong on every gun including the AR.
> > >
> > > I am constantly overshooting my target thanks to the increased acceleration and am finding it frustrating than 1 is the minimum setting, still forcing me to overshoot heads and then correct. I can’t play any more of the beta with this setting enabled so please for full release make 0 an option.
> > >
> > > This is just my personal feedback, thank you very much for the beta.
> >
> > Not really sure what any of this means? I agree that aiming is in need of attention either stronger aim assist or better more settings to tweak, rather than going by .5 you can adjust by .1 however, I don’t understand how having “no deadzones options” is better? Are you saying if they just remove the ability to adjust it and set a universal default the game will play better? Cuz no, that makes no sense. If your deadzone feels like you keep over shooting, turn the deadzone UP not down, you might need more space for your thumb to move into you call it an input. If you feel like you barely move your thumb and you can’t micro adjust, then turn them down. It’s incredibly easy. Turning them to either 0 or 100 will be considered “off” 0 would be the most “off” you could get. Whatever that means
>
> Deadzones are a form of setting in controllers, what it does is make it so when the stick is pulled in a direction completely it accelerates the sensitivity. Turning it down doesn’t turn it off so even at the minimal setting when you try to quickly react to being shot the sensitivity you play with is overrulled by the deadzone setting. What I am looking for is when I set my sensitivity to 10, I want it at 10, no changing that setting for me when I didn’t ask for it. I have tried the maximum and minimum settings on the beta but both mess with my sensitivity so I’ve gone back to playing other games until (hopefully) full release has an option for complete 0.
>
> I don’t want no deadzones for everyone, I want it as an option so I can mimic the aiming in MCC, Destiny 2 etc.

I know what deadzones are. You should actually submit a ticket on that, cuz I have not been having this issue.
When I set my deadzone to 0 and sense at max when I nudged LIKE BARELY TOUCH THE STICK not even moving it, just wiggling it in its natural wiggle spot. My aim darts across the screen. To me, I thought my low deadzones where why I couldn’t keep consistent aim. I’d recommend doing a ticket and talking to the 343 dev about this issue. Sounds infuriating

The aiming is very terrible i agree but im not sure if its deadzones for me but they should at least let it go to 0

> 2535424786818858;5:
> The aiming is very terrible i agree but im not sure if its deadzones for me but they should at least let it go to 0

If it’s my issue, the issue is the max input threshold - NOT deadzone. Max input threshold was always middle of the stick’s range for me so I had to adjust it so it was at the end

(I dont know the proper terms for what im explaining besides deadzones, radius, acceleration and sensitivity but i will try to explain as best for your understanding)

This is my biggest problem with the flights and my feeback may seem over the top, the reason being is because i really want this game to have the perfect aiming system and feeling.

100% The aiming is very skippy and grippy, when you try to slowly adjust, its a little too slow and then suddenly skips when trying to increase. This might be because the deadzone radius is so big on the lowest setting it still covers so much of the movement in the thumbstick giving you less space then usual comapred to other games with zero, it feels like it causes a massive jump. there is not enough smoothness inbetween idle (Thumbstick in the centre) and max input (Thumbstick hitting the edge). The deadzones NEED an option to be put to zero, enough to see a lot of drift. Look acceleration needs a rework, the accelartion options 1-5 is definetly not enough for detailed tweaking, (MCC has 1-10). MCC has such a perfect aiming system, its excalty how i would want Infinite to feel but with more evolved options and settings.

Another problem i found is that the minimal adjustments is way too slow. im finding myself using ten just to increase the minimal input speed, even though the max threshold is not my typical speed, this could be because the deadzones are way to high and it is squashing the minimal input with the medium input, therefor making it jump from such little range.

This is very hard to explain, The best way to describe it the way im thinking is to imagine a small and big elastic band. The small elastic band is placed inside the area of the big band. Say you expand the small elastic band with some out growing radius device (like an umbrella) or what ever suits you. Because its small and doesnt have enough rubber to allow much stretching, it gets more resistant when you expand it (minimal input being too slow as it becomes more resistant), then all of a sudden snaps from pressure causing your radius expanding device to instantly skip and expand to the big elastic band for resistance. The space it skipped from the small band to the big is what i mean by it not being smooth. The small band being too grippy and small.

If you add more rubber bands enough to fill the space between the small and big, the the aim would be silky smooth and would give you more options to optimise your settings, and if the unmbrella radius device was smaller that would give you more room to add more rubber bands in the smallest rubber band. So the embrella radius device is the deadzone.

I understand this was a little confusing, just wanted to give my feeback too :smiley:

I think what you are talking about is for example, in Halo 3, one way to get good with the AR was to wiggle your aim back and forth. In this game, you can’t really do that with that amount of control, and I have set deadzone as low as it can get without aim drift happening. Therefore, slight adjustments overaim where you want. This only started happening, I remember, at the start of Halo 5 or maybe before that, not sure.