Controller/Controller Layout

Just wondering what some setups are for the controller you use and the layouts. And if there are any advantages you think to your layout. I’m running a Scuf with two paddles (B and A) and default layout. I think its pretty good so far, let me know! thanks :slight_smile:

I miss the aim with left trigger and beat down with B. I want my quasi-COD layout back. When BO3 released going to have to re-learn a new layout. Minor QQ.

I play on Bumper Jumper but I’m not completely happy with it. Pressing X to Sprint just feels weird but I am hoping it will feel less so over time.

I use green thumb. Still is weird not hitting RB to melee like in Destiny.

Bumper jumper has been my favorite but it’s just not doing it for me in this game. So I went back to default unfortunately.
Sprinting by hitting A was driving me insane.

I use the default, because it takes me way too long to get used to a new layout

> 2533275081389247;6:
> I use the default, because it takes me way too long to get used to a new layout

Yeah same, and tbh it just feels like the layout that makes the most sense with my controller. The only time i need to life my thumb off the Right Stumb stick is to reload or change weapons, the only time i don’t need to aim.

Yeah I stick with the default, only because its what i know, but wouldnt mind trying to get it close to COD just so the transition between the 2 games is easier.

New to Halo, struggling with default as I play a lot of Battlefield 4 and keep pressing B to crouch and getting myself killed!!!

> 2533274821408746;8:
> Yeah I stick with the default, only because its what i know, but wouldnt mind trying to get it close to COD just so the transition between the 2 games is easier.

yeah I totally agree, I like how both of them are pretty similar, I play on tactical so even crouch/prone is right-stick click. I’m actually scared to try another layout for that reason, i feel like itll be too different

I’m one of those “use the default settings and adapt”… though I have dashed away from an enemy and off a ledge a time or two.

> 2533274824322377;11:
> I’m one of those “use the default settings and adapt”… though I have dashed away from an enemy and off a ledge a time or two.

haha same, it’s happened to the best of us! Dash has come in clutch more times than enough though! It’s satisfying to dash around a corner when you’re one shot and then come back and take down the same dude.

I use Recon and I’m slowly learning the new control setup with the boosts and sprinting and whatnot. It’ll come with time and eventually become muscle memory.

I’m using Fishstick now, hopefully it helps me to stop getting slaughtered!

> 2533275010776266;1:
> Just wondering what some setups are for the controller you use and the layouts. And if there are any advantages you think to your layout. I’m running a Scuf with two paddles (B and A) and default layout. I think its pretty good so far, let me know! thanks :slight_smile:

I use look inversion and the button layout fishstick.

Recon is what I’ve used since it came out.

When I got the game I used recon like I do in the MCC, but after playing COD the day before I kept hitting the wrong buttons and getting killed. So I switched to default which worked for a while until I played Halo 3 with some buddies and again, I could not hit any of the right buttons. So I switched back to recon. As of now I’ve probably tried every setup at least once.

I’m a fighter, Boxer.