Controllable Rocket Warthog Idea.

It would be another model of the Warthog. The turret would look about the same as the Gauss turret. The only difference is that it would fire a rocket.

Rocket:
-It would do the same damage as a rocket.
-It would be almost as fast as the rocket form the rocket Launcher, maybe a bit slower.
-After 30 seconds it would automatically exploded.
-After the rocket explodes. You have a recharging time of about 5-7 seconds.
-It would be controlled by the turret. What ever direction you are turning. The rocket would follow. So basically it would act like the Rocket Launcher from Half-Life 2. When you fire it. You use the laser to control it. Here’s a video of what I’m talking about.

Rocket Hog’s rockets already track targets. Only aerial targets but still.

> Rocket Hog’s rockets already track targets. Only aerial targets but still.

That Hog is pretty much useless though.
-Instead of firing 1, or 2 rockets at a time. They all fire at once.
-The rockets are easily avoided.
-Depending on the distance. The tracking is all not that great.

With this Hog. You would be able to control the rockets direction.

I’m pretty sure they had this variant in the pre-Alpha of Halo 2. It did exactly what you’re saying, but it wasn’t guided. I dont think it would be very combat effective tbh.

> I’m pretty sure they had this variant in the pre-Alpha of Halo 2. It did exactly what you’re saying, but it wasn’t guided. I don’t think it would be very combat effective tbh.

That’s what I got this idea form.
It would depend on the distance. At medium-long it would be affective. But not that affective at close range. You still could do some damage with it. But you got to now the right distance, and what not to use it effectively, at that range. It would still be more combat effective then Reaches rockethog anyway.

Hmm… that is not a bad idea…
But, this will make the combat easy to win!