Contacting the dedicated server.

I have a problem recently with halo 5, and it is that when I finish a game of any type I get a message in the upper left part of the screen that says “2/4 Contacting the dedicated server” it does not let me play anything while that message is on screen and I have to wait a long time to play another game. Is there a solution for this problem?

I get that too, but it’s only a second. It shouldn’t last forever for you. You should try closing and booting up Halo 5. If it’s still there, power off your Xbox, and boot it up to try again. If that doesn’t work, the check the router and restart it.

> 2533274887410089;2:
> I get that too, but it’s only a second. It shouldn’t last forever for you. You should try closing and booting up Halo 5. If it’s still there, power off your Xbox, and boot it up to try again. If that doesn’t work, the check the router and restart it.

I’ve tried all those things and it all comes down to me turning off the console every time to get the game to work.
I’m sure that’s not the gaming experience that Halo intended for its gamers.

> 2533274884643354;3:
> > 2533274887410089;2:
> > I get that too, but it’s only a second. It shouldn’t last forever for you. You should try closing and booting up Halo 5. If it’s still there, power off your Xbox, and boot it up to try again. If that doesn’t work, the check the router and restart it.
>
> I’ve tried all those things and it all comes down to me turning off the console every time to get the game to work.
> I’m sure that’s not the gaming experience that Halo intended for its gamers.

That’s so messed up. It sounds like you got stuck with a bug. For me, Halo 5 crashes during matchmaking often (The part where all the players are gathered, not during the match itself.)