[Constructive] What 343 Needs to Address

I love Halo 5, but as expected there are some changes that need to made. Overall, I think 343 has delivered an excellent game. If you are here to bash on 343 and Halo 5 like every other post then please leave as I’d prefer only practical and constructive ideas in this post. Anyways, here are some issues I think 343 needs to address:

1. Aim acceleration/deadzones: I don’t know what exactly it is, but the aiming in Halo 5 just feels off. It could be because I play on a TV with slow response time, but apparently the problem lies beyond that. I heard it was fine in the beta before they changed it. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

2. Social Playlist: Warzone simply isn’t enough for social/casual gamers. 343 needs to add a social playlist like infection or action sack.

3. Weapon skins in game: I pull a DMR Fade out of a req pack. I’m super excited until I realize I can’t use it except in warzone. Why not make it so that our weapon skins are applied to weapons we pick up directly in arena? This would really increase req pack appeal for non-warzone players, as it means there are more than two measly weapons our skins are applied to.

4. A kinky addition to playlists: Something like team doubles or snipers. As of now, the playlist options are fairly underwhelming. I’m certainly enjoying myself (particularly arena) but I feel adding something like doubles or snipers could only benefit the playlist.

5. The banhammer: Does nothing to discourage players so far. I know the game has just started so not many players have experienced the ban hammers, but at least one in three of my games have been ruined by quitters/AFKers. I imagine the banhammer is far more lenient than it should be, slam down on these quitting quaffs 343!

6. Plasma caster: It’s on too many maps, and it’s sooo bad. Unless there’s something I’m missing, I fail to understand why this weapon is placed as a power weapon on so many maps. I could be wrong since I have minimal experience, but thus far I’d prefer to see it replaced with something more practical.

Things people have complained about but should stay the same:

1. Radar: Oh the controversy. The radar isn’t meant to be a clutch people! 343 provided us with a radar that gives us info of people super close, it’s useful for catching flankers and finding hiders. The limited radar encourages map awareness. Pre-release everyone complained about radar, now everyone wants it buffed. I think 343 hit the perfect balance here (I expect debate on this topic).

2. AR/Pistol starts: No, the pistol is not OP. No, pistols do not make other primaries redundant. Yes, the pistol can compete with BR/DMR/Carbine//Light Rifle and yes the AR is a practical weapon at close range. This start encourages further map control and now it requires a true marksmen to hit his shots across the map, something that can’t be said before. Btw, maps are littered with BR/DMR/C/LR, it’s not that hard to find them.

3. Maps: Not something that can be changed but I want to address it since there are so many complaints regarding them. Overall, I think the maps are pretty decent, and I fail to see the huge issue with forge maps. Breakout is meant to be a simulation so those complaining about aesthetics there really have no reason to as the maps look very arena-esque. As far as I can tell Empire, Orion, Fathom, Truth, Regret, Eden, and The Rig are all good maps that encourage map control and have some sick jumps. I understand the number of maps may be a bit underwhelming since there are repeats and forge maps but keep in mind that we are getting free DLC maps and personally I like Orion (have yet to play Pegasus).

Overall I think this is a great game, it’s a shame to see all of the mindless negativity in the forums. Friends, come here to post your constructive criticism and let’s hopefully give 343 a good idea of what they need to address right off the bat. I’m sure I missed a ton, as my experience so far is limited so please post your concerns and reactions to my thoughts. One last note, I have yet to play campaign which is why I didn’t mention it, please don’t post any spoilers.

Certainly more custom game types would be nice. I can understand limiting the arena playlists, but why the heck are they limiting the custom games playlist? No Infection? No Juggernaut? No King of the Hill even? Dudes, you’re already holding Forge from us for over a month, at least give me a list of custom games that my friends and I can mess around with in the meantime.

I think the motion tracker is garbage. I just use my eyes. lol

edit: and what is this map control that you speak of? Arena can be described as a cluster f***.or mosh pit. Nobody has ever controlled any part of any map in any game I plated in Arena. Just constant and what feels like mindless roaming.

Halo needs action sack, the best thing about this game is the million different ways you can play it

the aiming feels great for me, though I play on a monitor

maps need a kick in the -Yoink- that is for sure, we need some 4 v 4 maps with a vehicle or 2

> 2684064956505966;4:
> Halo needs action sack, the best thing about this game is the million different ways you can play it
>
> the aiming feels great for me, though I play on a monitor
>
> maps need a kick in the -Yoink- that is for sure, we need some 4 v 4 maps with a vehicle or 2

We need a vehicle available in customs. Their isn’t a single vehicle for customs. NOT ONE!!!

I think that the Automatic weapons need to be nerfed.
Yes I understand that the weapons are finally viable and not completely -Yoink- anymore. I concede and understand that point. BUT, once you are actually in multiple player it is so easy to lose battles when you are using a semiauto or single shot weapon like the BR, DMR, or pistol to guns like the AR and SMG. I am really surprised no one is talking about this.

To most of the people that really think that having overpowered automatics make the game more fun, go get some skill.

> 2533274842710005;6:
> I think that the Automatic weapons need to be nerfed.
> Yes I understand that the weapons are finally viable and not completely -Yoink- anymore. I concede and understand that point. BUT, once you are actually in multiple player it is so easy to lose battles when you are using a semiauto or single shot weapon like the BR, DMR, or pistol to guns like the AR and SMG. I am really surprised no one is talking about this.
>
> To most of the people that really think that having overpowered automatics make the game more fun, go get some skill.

Hmmm… The one thing I am not having trouble with is using the pistol to kill those wielding automatics.

> 2533274842710005;6:
> I think that the Automatic weapons need to be nerfed.
> Yes I understand that the weapons are finally viable and not completely -Yoink- anymore. I concede and understand that point. BUT, once you are actually in multiple player it is so easy to lose battles when you are using a semiauto or single shot weapon like the BR, DMR, or pistol to guns like the AR and SMG. I am really surprised no one is talking about this.
>
> To most of the people that really think that having overpowered automatics make the game more fun, go get some skill.

Interesting perspective. I’d be much more considerable towards the idea, but for me the aim up close with the pistol is absolutely atrocious (I’ve never felt so out of control in halo before). Maybe as XACSlayer said I need a monitor to fix that issue, but I feel like it’s on 343’s part because I never had this issue with MCC on the same TV. Once that issue is fixed, I would be open towards the idea of an auto nerf.

Also, it seems the main issue is the lack of social gaming! No action sack, infection, etc. Halo is known for its legendary custom games, a social-oriented playlist is absolutely something that should be added ASAP while we wait for forge!

> 1. Aim acceleration/deadzones: I don’t know what exactly it is, but the aiming in Halo 5 just feels off. It could be because I play on a TV with slow response time, but apparently the problem lies beyond that. I heard it was fine in the beta before they changed it. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

+1

> 2533274879188268;8:
> > 2533274842710005;6:
> > I think that the Automatic weapons need to be nerfed.
> > Yes I understand that the weapons are finally viable and not completely -Yoink- anymore. I concede and understand that point. BUT, once you are actually in multiple player it is so easy to lose battles when you are using a semiauto or single shot weapon like the BR, DMR, or pistol to guns like the AR and SMG. I am really surprised no one is talking about this.
> >
> > To most of the people that really think that having overpowered automatics make the game more fun, go get some skill.
>
>
> Interesting perspective. I’d be much more considerable towards the idea, but for me the aim up close with the pistol is absolutely atrocious (I’ve never felt so out of control in halo before). Maybe as XACSlayer said I need a monitor to fix that issue, but I feel like it’s on 343’s part because I never had this issue with MCC on the same TV. Once that issue is fixed, I would be open towards the idea of an auto nerf.
>
> Also, it seems the main issue is the lack of social gaming! No action sack, infection, etc. Halo is known for its legendary custom games, a social-oriented playlist is absolutely something that should be added ASAP!

Custom options are hurting. Where are the game types???
No Assault
No Single Flag
No KOTH
No Odd Ball
No infection
No Forge… yet

Worst Halo MP for customs out of the box yet. NO OPTIONS. :frowning:

> 2661949065465166;10:
> > 2533274879188268;8:
> > > 2533274842710005;6:
> > > I think that the Automatic weapons need to be nerfed.
> > > Yes I understand that the weapons are finally viable and not completely -Yoink- anymore. I concede and understand that point. BUT, once you are actually in multiple player it is so easy to lose battles when you are using a semiauto or single shot weapon like the BR, DMR, or pistol to guns like the AR and SMG. I am really surprised no one is talking about this.
> > >
> > > To most of the people that really think that having overpowered automatics make the game more fun, go get some skill.
> >
> >
> > Interesting perspective. I’d be much more considerable towards the idea, but for me the aim up close with the pistol is absolutely atrocious (I’ve never felt so out of control in halo before). Maybe as XACSlayer said I need a monitor to fix that issue, but I feel like it’s on 343’s part because I never had this issue with MCC on the same TV. Once that issue is fixed, I would be open towards the idea of an auto nerf.
> >
> > Also, it seems the main issue is the lack of social gaming! No action sack, infection, etc. Halo is known for its legendary custom games, a social-oriented playlist is absolutely something that should be added ASAP!
>
>
> Custom options are hurting. Where are the game types???
> No Assault
> No Single Flag
> No KOTH
> No Odd Ball
> No infection
> No Forge… yet
>
> Worst Halo MP for customs out of the box yet. NO OPTIONS. :frowning:

Indeed, customs are a sore spot in this game. So long as we don’t have forge we need as many options in customs as possible so it’s disappointing to see such a lack of variety. We are also missing a social playlist in MP, which would certainly help with the wait. It seems 343 focused more so on competitive MP at launch, hopefully they address these issues right away.

I think they need to fix the fact that blue team is nearly invisible on most maps. Like they blend in so well with almost everything.

Agree with most of your list. Sounds weird but my biggest complaint so far is players in my party not having a different color over their head. I can’t find my homies during Warzone.

> 2533274815784153;12:
> I think they need to fix the fact that blue team is nearly invisible on most maps. Like they blend in so well with almost everything.

I haven’t had an issue with this, but I know they turned up the brightness on certain maps so I can understand that it might still be an issue in certain areas.

> 2533274794126682;13:
> Agree with most of your list. Sounds weird but my biggest complaint so far is players in my party not having a different color over their head. I can’t find my homies during Warzone.

That’s reasonable. I’ve never played warzone in a party but I can see why that would be an issue, and it would be very easy to fix.

> 2661949065465166;3:
> I think the motion tracker is garbage. I just use my eyes. lol
>
> edit: and what is this map control that you speak of? Arena can be described as a cluster f***.or mosh pit. Nobody has ever controlled any part of any map in any game I plated in Arena. Just constant and what feels like mindless roaming.

When I say map control I mean controlling top places like top mid on Fathom, shotty base on Empire, top mid and one side on orion, having players covering different areas on truth. Generally, it’s easier to play when you control a certain area with your team and sort of suppress the enemies. I understand what you mean as I’ve absolutely experienced games that are absolute cluster -Yoinks!-, but when I’m matched with good teammates we control the map and it’s domination from there. Even on The Rig, which I listed as a good map, it’s mostly a cluster -Yoink- but it I’ve found it rewards map control (although the map lacks many good lines of sights). Most maps reward good teamwork, patient play, and positioning. That being said, Plaza is an utter cluster -Yoink-.

My biggest issue at the moment is the current atrocity of a lobby system. Seriously… Why can’t we have an improved Reach style lobby?

They need to address the 80% locke and 20% blue team… personally disappointed. We finally get blue team and they’re a cameo.

The aiming is by far the biggest issue. I can overlook a lot of the UI and game type problems. In fact, I love everything about this game other than the aiming. Josh Holmes and Ghostayame basically said on teambeyond.net forums to get used to it and practice more which is total BS. This game belongs to the FANS. People playing Halo for years have definitely noticed that they went and messed with the aiming. Why? To sell more elite controllers that can adjust the deadzone?!?! That’s criminal. Please fix this 343!!!

An actual constructive post that has reasonable feedback and good points of discussion.

I’m fine with the way aiming is, just need to get used to it I guess. Could take up to a couple of days but I still to quite well.

Radar though I feel they should up to at least 23-24 meters, up from 18. Right now you won’t see -Yoink- until they are literally 4 footsteps away.

if they don’t fix the garbage aiming mechanics, this game won’t last past Christmas.