Constructive Suggestions

So, to begin with, I am horribly disappointed with this game. I’ve played 5 games, and that is likely all I will play, but I figured I’d share a few things that will help the game.

They are as follows:

Smart Scope: On some weapons, I found nothing wrong, on others, I found the iron sights to dominate the screen to the point where going from a non-zoom to a zoom state caused me to lose focus on the player I was shooting. This made having a quick scope advantage in and mid-long range battle more frustrating than competitive. I’d recommend a something, or really anything different. Master Chief’s HUD in previous Halos seems almost more advanced than this being void of the downside of having the ironsight obstruct aiming. I’m not sure if this is a canon “improvement” or how it fits into the Halo Universe but especially from a gameplay perspective this was highly detrimental.

Sprint: I’ve never been a fan of sprinting in Halo to begin with, but in this game, as predicted, it is a detriment. The maps are designed as Arena style maps which is nice for a change (just to have a few, I’m a fan of mid-large 4v4 maps as well), but sprinting allows players to traverse the map so fast, it is nearly impossible to avoid instant combat off of any spawn or survival in a game where players are even marginally skilled. Once said player dies, he can quickly sprint for 4 seconds and finish of the players fro the previous engagement. This swarming was omnipresent. Worst part about all of this was that the maps didn’t require sprint, nor did they feel correct for sprint. Sprint should be removed all together, I, as many have described in thorough depth, have found it wasn’t a beneficial mechanic to add.

Clamboring / Floating: I am putting these together due to their mutual responsibility of unintended movement. What I found which annoyed me is during combat where I would jump to contest a shot and escape simultaneously i would be stuck in the air for any battle for which I zoomed in to take control of the long range engagement. This is by design of course but I feel as though it should trigger from something different because of this. The thought of holding the jump button comes to mind but then what to make of clambering? Crouch jumping is now a detriment because it constantly triggers the ground pound technique causing many easier, non-clamber necessary jumps to end with a now necessary clambor. Understand I have nothing against clamboring as a mechanic, but to have to clambor to make jumps which I could otherwise make with a crouch jump slows down my rate of engagement and leaves me vulnerable.

Lighting: Literally I cannot find weapons that spawned on the map because I can not see them from any distance greater than zero. The maps are just too dark and nothing stands out too well. This is an easy fix.

Audio: Seems to be a ton of unidentified noises and sounds occurring during gameplay. Toning this down would be a good idea.

Weapons: The sandbox seems very limited, but this can be due to the “Arena” gameplay weapon set (which is nowhere as good as 1-50 naturally)

Thruster Pack: I’ll be the first to say it feels very cheap, but being as it given to everybody as a default part of our armor is okay. The distance can do with a little shortening.

Vertical Combat: One of my largest gripes with Halo 4. There is too much vertical combat, too many high ledges and this is a direct result of the ability to clambor. We are sacrificing map quality for clamboring ability. Places on the map which are maps control points are inaccessible by most means on foot requiring clamboring for any real accessibility. Why not keep the map quality and just allow players to clambor as needed? This is ideal.

Overall, I am very underwhelmed even going in expecting to be based off the gameplay I’ve watched. Like every title previously, potential is there, but intentionally not realized. Hats off to those who enjoy it, apologies for those who do not. Hopefully this feedback will make it better for both.

> 2533274805799247;1:
> So, to begin with, I am horribly disappointed with this game. I’ve played 5 games, and that is likely all I will play, but I figured I’d share a few things that will help the game.
>
> Clamboring / Floating: I am putting these together due to their mutual responsibility of unintended movement. What I found which annoyed me is during combat where I would jump to contest a shot and escape simultaneously i would be stuck in the air for any battle for which I zoomed in to take control of the long range engagement. This is by design of course but I feel as though it should trigger from something different because of this. The thought of holding the jump button comes to mind but then what to make of clambering? Crouch jumping is now a detriment because it constantly triggers the ground pound technique causing many easier, non-clamber necessary jumps to end with a now necessary clambor. Understand I have nothing against clamboring as a mechanic, but to have to clambor to make jumps which I could otherwise make with a crouch jump slows down my rate of engagement and leaves me vulnerable.

Yeah, the ‘Stabilizers’ that activate when you are zoomed in while in mid air are a little weird, especially if you didn’t know to expect them. Not that this will change your mind, but there is setting that you can turn off to make it so you need to manually activate the stabilizers while mid-air and scoped, rather than them auto-activating.

To touch on your observation re: Sandbox weapons, they stated a long time ago that there would only be 11 in the beta, and we have yet to see the other 2 game modes and the other 5 maps they’re presenting. It’s a beta (and an early one at that), it isn’t gonna be full-featured.

As for only playing 5 games? That’s unfortunate. I’d say you should try playing some more, knowing full well certain things could be adjusted (I for one find the kill times far too quick in the beta), but also accepting that some mechanics are here to stay.