Constructive Criticism vs. Reactive Anger

I see a ton of people complaining about the game (and rightfully so). Problem with this is they are only providing the negative feedback. We need BOTH the negative and positive to provide meaningful and useful information. I’m not saying don’t complain, I actually encourage it. BUT do it in the right way.

Here is an Example of what NOT to do: “Man, this game is straight booty garbage and is completely broken! I’m getting a refund, screw this game! I’d rather knit socks then play another minute of this! #MAD
Here is an Example of what TO do: “Man, this game is straight booty garbage because of X reasons! I believe X would help fix this! #WEBACK
Again, it’s extremely easy to sit back and be angry. I know, because I feel the same way: anger, cheated, used. But you can and SHOULD go about being constructive with your feedback. <em>Making a post just out of anger doesn’t accomplish anything for you or anyone else.</em>

I love you all. Game On Spartans

Yeah, hopefully people will show more positivity rather than only the negative.

People are pessimistic by nature, however. Avoided, what did 343 do to make you feel, “used” if I may ask?

Do you know what 343 did to make me feel “anger, cheated, used”? Making me read, “-yoink-” every time a user on here posts vulgarity.

> 2533274873532790;2:
> Yeah, hopefully people will show more positivity rather than only the negative.
>
> People are pessimistic by nature, however. Avoided, what did 343 do to make you feel, “used” if I may ask?
>
> Do you know what 343 did to make me feel “anger, cheated, used”? Making me read, “-yoink-” every time a user on here posts vulgarity.

Used in the sense that I feel like I’m Beta testing a game that I didn’t sign up for and wasn’t marketed as a Beta (more or less was marketed as a full release). Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word “used”. More or less angry and cheated. +1 for calling my fraudulent-ness out.

I know you want to feel smart and reasonable but you are assuming people that are letting them have it are angry and their face is red as they type away with vicious criticism. It is just someone who expects and expected them to get this right and they didn’t. People are entitled to react in whatever manner they please and there is no need trying to sign yourself up to be the person who decides the right and wrong way to go about it. Spare me and others your quest for civility when many of us gamers have had enough of this nonsense from game after game with it culminating with this fail of ultimate proportions on this MCC launch that many of us were very excited about.

> 2533274819215432;3:
> > 2533274873532790;2:
> > Yeah, hopefully people will show more positivity rather than only the negative.
> >
> > People are pessimistic by nature, however. Avoided, what did 343 do to make you feel, “used” if I may ask?
> >
> > Do you know what 343 did to make me feel “anger, cheated, used”? Making me read, “-yoink-” every time a user on here posts vulgarity.
>
>
> Used in the sense that I feel like I’m Beta testing a game that I didn’t sign up for and wasn’t marketed as a Beta (more or less was marketed as a full release). Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word “used”. More or less angry and cheated. +1 for calling my fraudulent-ness out.

I’m 100% behind you on all of this. I feel “used” in the sense that “they” (be it 343 and/or Microsoft) knew the state the game was in and let it launch anyway. There are many problems besides the completely broken multiplayer. If they just delayed for a month or two and sorted everything out it would have been a much better situation.

There is no need for abusive hate towards 343 but we should make our comments known nonetheless.

This is what I wrote yesterday, and it still applies today.

You are an enabler by the way.

All major titles should be having a stress test one week prior to launch and the entire community/fanbase participates in it to try and snuff out any possible issues at the launch. Should be a staple of launching games and it isn’t. This will not be forgotten a decade from now, You managed to outfail DICE/EA with Battlefield 4’s launch just because they are communicating with us means what is happening somehow goes away or erases the uber-fail we are witnessing? COD had some issues and put out two bad games but their game was at least playable. I made this gamertag and have had it since the night I got home with Halo 2 many years ago and I played more games that night then I have played since this game has launched days ago.

Anyone telling people to chill, or that they are over-reacting either is a fanboy, works for the gaming establishment, is trolling, or takes pleasure in trying to act mature and be the voice of reason in the room when really they are on this thread because they can’t play the game just like us so it’s a pathetic attempt to have intellect and be reasonable.
This is an outrage, an embarrassment, and unacceptable, and I say that as a consumer. I am a mature adult that is part of the gaming generation and these things did not occur in the past and at this magnitude of failure, these people are so incompetent and when you defend them, you are defending incompetence which is something you should never enable.

It may seem like people letting them have it are raging and angry, but I think alot of you guys misconstrue through text the real message in this post and many others, it is the failure, the letdown, the inability to get it right when on the big stage when people are investing millions into a product/franchise that we all enjoy as a hobby and we are immediately met with failure the second we attempt to use the product.
Loyalists, defenders, fanboys. This is a slap in the face to the people who created 343 industries, and by that I mean us the consumer who attached themselves to the Halo franchise many years ago and this game wouldn’t be possible if it weren’t for the fans, and if you expect me and others to believe that everything was done prior to launch to make sure it went somewhat smooth? It wasn’t, they could have done more to make sure this didn’t happen and here we are…

Sincerely,

Veteran Gamer

Has life, has girlfriend, has job, served his country, and I am not angry or in some sort of nerd rage I will gladly watch TV or do something else but this game was a big deal to alot of people for nostalgia reason and for younger players that missed out the first time around this was their chance to get to see what we enjoyed way back when so basically I just happen to be someone who despises incompetence. Wake up people.

P.S. Played BF4, was worse for PS4 then 360 and XB1 but it doesn’t even come close to what is currently going on…I played that game at launch and played it for months, most of it’s issues were with netcode not connectivity and being able to play the game in general. This is the Titanic of launch fails.
Just because 343 is keeping us in the loop has nothing to do with everything else I said in my post which is accurate and true. They are running around fixing stuff now when they could have done more before launch to figure this out, and there is still the chance that someone there was aware problems were very likely to come up and new the game was going to ship anyways which is just sad in general. I do not think problems like this happen without at least one person if not many knowing they are on the horizon.

> 2580857465041154;6:
> This is what I wrote yesterday, and it still applies today.
>
> You are an enabler by the way.
>
> All major titles should be having a stress test one week prior to launch and the entire community/fanbase participates in it to try and snuff out any possible issues at the launch. Should be a staple of launching games and it isn’t. This will not be forgotten a decade from now, You managed to outfail DICE/EA with Battlefield 4’s launch just because they are communicating with us means what is happening somehow goes away or erases the uber-fail we are witnessing? COD had some issues and put out two bad games but their game was at least playable. I made this gamertag and have had it since the night I got home with Halo 2 many years ago and I played more games that night then I have played since this game has launched days ago.
>
> Anyone telling people to chill, or that they are over-reacting either is a fanboy, works for the gaming establishment, is trolling, or takes pleasure in trying to act mature and be the voice of reason in the room when really they are on this thread because they can’t play the game just like us so it’s a pathetic attempt to have intellect and be reasonable.
> This is an outrage, an embarrassment, and unacceptable, and I say that as a consumer. I am a mature adult that is part of the gaming generation and these things did not occur in the past and at this magnitude of failure, these people are so incompetent and when you defend them, you are defending incompetence which is something you should never enable.
>
> It may seem like people letting them have it are raging and angry, but I think alot of you guys misconstrue through text the real message in this post and many others, it is the failure, the letdown, the inability to get it right when on the big stage when people are investing millions into a product/franchise that we all enjoy as a hobby and we are immediately met with failure the second we attempt to use the product.
> Loyalists, defenders, fanboys. This is a slap in the face to the people who created 343 industries, and by that I mean us the consumer who attached themselves to the Halo franchise many years ago and this game wouldn’t be possible if it weren’t for the fans, and if you expect me and others to believe that everything was done prior to launch to make sure it went somewhat smooth? It wasn’t, they could have done more to make sure this didn’t happen and here we are…
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Veteran Gamer
>
> Has life, has girlfriend, has job, served his country, and I am not angry or in some sort of nerd rage I will gladly watch TV or do something else but this game was a big deal to alot of people for nostalgia reason and for younger players that missed out the first time around this was their chance to get to see what we enjoyed way back when so basically I just happen to be someone who despises incompetence. Wake up people.
>
> P.S. Played BF4, was worse for PS4 then 360 and XB1 but it doesn’t even come close to what is currently going on…I played that game at launch and played it for months, most of it’s issues were with netcode not connectivity and being able to play the game in general. This is the Titanic of launch fails.
> Just because 343 is keeping us in the loop has nothing to do with everything else I said in my post which is accurate and true. They are running around fixing stuff now when they could have done more before launch to figure this out, and there is still the chance that someone there was aware problems were very likely to come up and new the game was going to ship anyways which is just sad in general. I do not think problems like this happen without at least one person if not many knowing they are on the horizon.

Not sure why you being a vet with a job and a girlfriend has anything to do with the conversation. To label everyone a “fanboy, troll, works for the industry, etc” if they have a difference of opinion than you and your post is contradictory in itself. While I agree with most of the two previous posts, it’s very clear you’re looking to debate about something that I have no desire to debate over. I see both sides here and I point out the negatives and positives.

Simply posting a well thought letter about “how terrible MCC is, get a refund!” provides very little constructive criticism outside of having an upset customer. Providing thorough information and feedback (good or bad) will allow them to focus on what needs to be fixed.

Bump, cause’ positivity