Constructive Criticism So Far, Want Other Opinions

Infinite Constructive Feedback:
In no order of importance:
Respawn Times should be cut to 8 seconds for the objective game modes like it is in slayer, 10 seconds is over the top. Myself as an example, I have a 0.95 K/D across MCC, and in Infinite I might die around 12 times in a match. So, in an 8-minute match, I might have to spend 1/4 of that dead, over 2 minutes! It also makes it tough to come back in CTF, since the enemy team can move a lot in those 10 seconds.

SBMM from CoD making an appearance? Since the game is already a sweat-fest, and SBMM killed CoD for me. Though that’s likely because the Flight is locked down so only hardcore fans are playing, and lots of the comp. players are now in Socials since there isn’t a comp. option. But, if it does exist, take it out, please.

Motion Tracker should be 25m like the old games, and it should show arrows if the players are above or below you. Right now it’s borderline useless, since half the time if you glance down the enemy is already directly in front of you because the range is so limited, and I can’t say how many times I’ve thought somebody was close by, but they were above me.

AR Starts I prefer to BR starts, but the AR needs a nerf, it often outclasses the power weapons. (Don’t make it an H3 Pea Shooter, but make the BR and Commando viable). The best way to do that in my opinion would be to remove the headshot multiplier for it, so it becomes a lot less useful at long range where its hard to hit, but keeps it viable at close range.

Speaking of which, the aiming seems quite off, stuff like the Commando and Sniper is borderline impossible for me to use personally (MkB player, and never have issues with the MCC Snipers) Though many other players have been reporting aiming issues.

No player collision and friendly fire is a major turnoff, it’s always been there, and it forced you to be tactical. Now you can just rocket launcher into a crowd and not worry,
plus no fun head jumps and whatnot. Plus, it seems weird running through a friendly spartan. This change shouldn’t be too difficult to implement either.

No grenade/rocket jumps, it seems like they removed this to give the repulsor more use, but these have always been around and added to the fun of the game, definitely need to come back. just don’t make them launch you as far as the repulsor.

Gravity hammer… Doesn’t affect GRAVITY… It’s super lame not having it affect gravity, not to mention, RIP Grifball if they keep it this way. (No clue if it messes with vehicles.)

Hopefully, you read through all of this, I’d like to hear others’ take on this, and hopefully, 343i can read this and determine if these are popular opinions or not.

Below is a copy/paste I put on another thread. I actually have a lot more issues than this but it’s what I thought most important.

I have had mostly negative opinions of infinite but this will be more specific criticism than general hate for 343. So to get it out of the way I’m in the anti-sprint, anti-F2P, anti releasing games unfinished, yada yada yada etc, camp. I played the first flight against bots as well just for context.

TLDR: overall I don’t think this game will attract and keep many new players interested. I think it will also fail to bring back former halo payers that 343 pushed away with halo 4 and 5. this game is riddled with design compromises that I think will fail to satisfy all but the most loyal fans who buy into 343’s changes. Also the many copycat concepts and features won’t attract new players either. Why would they leave their current game for a game with an inferior imitation of concept X?

Gunplay: This game feels like it was made for M&K first. I’ve had to do way too much tweaking to make it feel anywhere close to good and it still feels wack not PUBG on console bad but still really bad out of the box on default settings. I think there is too much of halo 5’s gunplay DNA in this as well. It’s like they are trying to emulate CoD or apex legends gunplay but it’s so much worse than those 2 games. infinite seems to have the tightest hitboxes of all the halo games which would be a good thing if the gunplay wasn’t so weird. Cross play is going to be an absolute uneven nightmare for console players.

Graphics: still looks worse than games from 2018. I can’t believe they are really sticking to the cross gen 10 year plan. It’s a terrible idea to have this game be supported and updated all the way through 2031 for 2013 hardware. Just wait in a few years when some other multiplayer game leverages some newer innovative tech that infinite will be incapable of doing later on.

Physics: probably worst in the franchise. Unacceptable to not have player collision and the worst explosive physics effects in all the halo games. It’s frankly unacceptable. I mean really the gravity hammer doesn’t have a gravity effect?

TTK and pace: like Halo 5, infinite’s pace is too quick. I think this is a fundamental issue since 343 took over the Franchise. They’ve had the view that halo should be fast like CoD or other older arena shooters. The problem is what made halo successful and what differentiated it from other arena shooters was similar core mechanics and philosophy but slowed WAY down. Halo’s pace in the bungie games was dictated by tactical decision making and planning. Whether in FFA or in team games. This is the root of the difference in opinion of the classic vs new halo camps. All I can say is how many people showed up and stayed for halo 5? Not many. And infinite is largely making a lot of the same mistakes as 5.

Maps: I think the 3 maps on offer aren’t very good. Especially bazaar. Most of bazaar is wasted spawn area space and the middle of the map is just a bland 2 fort esque camp dynamic.

Live Fire is just mediocre nothing special or that interesting but also not terrible.

Recharge is actually a good map but is ruined by awful spawning. After playing with live players instead of bots I’ve noticed spawns are horrific on recharge. Lots of spawning right on top of opposing players.

sandbox: I think the sandbox and many weapons are very badly balanced. It’s not really a secret that 343 must hate the precision meta as they’ve constantly increased the effectiveness of automatics in all their games. Infinite takes it way to far. You can cross map with an AR, strike one. You can ADS (smart scope) with AR and basically every weapon, strike 2. The commando just doesn’t work with the sandbox. It’s way to good. It’s a low skill weapon (once you figure it out) that can demolish anything short of a rocket, long range sniper or shotgun up close, strike 3.

I’m not a fan of elevating automatics to be on par with precision weapons. It’s like they listened to the smallest part of halos community who have been complaining about weak automatics since halo 2 and designed the whole multiplayer around them.

Bloom: awful way to balance all of these poorly designed weapons. We have a sidekick that can fire very rapidly and drop people in seconds. So 343 adds tons of bloom to make it difficult to get the headshot. Instead they could have just put in a slower firing magnum. I don’t get their obsession with making pistols viable against main weapons. It doesn’t need to stack up to an AR or BR.

Equipment pickups: mostly useless except for the grapple hook and repulsor. The hook by the way will probably be deemed OP after the community has had more time with the game.

Drop wall: there’s a reason bungie didn’t put the deployable cover in normal multiplayer maps in halo 3. It sucks that’s why and so does the drop wall. Its not very effect and probably worse than the deployable cover. Should have just brought back the bubble shield.

target sensor: just a garbage tier pickup. The radar jammer of infinite. Sure it can help a little bit but it’s mostly useless as it’s easy to figure out where people are in halo. This isn’t battlefield.

repulsor: it’s solid. Not much else to say.

> 2533274949369837;1:
> Infinite Constructive Feedback:
> In no order of importance:
> Respawn Times should be cut to 8 seconds for the objective game modes like it is in slayer, 10 seconds is over the top. Myself as an example, I have a 0.95 K/D across MCC, and in Infinite I might die around 12 times in a match. So, in an 8-minute match, I might have to spend 1/4 of that dead, over 2 minutes! It also makes it tough to come back in CTF, since the enemy team can move a lot in those 10 seconds.

Totally agree, 10 seconds in past games was supposed to be a punitive time for betrayals and suicides. Having it that long in objective seems a little too rewarding for the opposing team.

> SBMM from CoD making an appearance? Since the game is already a sweat-fest, and SBMM killed CoD for me. Though that’s likely because the Flight is locked down so only hardcore fans are playing, and lots of the comp. players are now in Socials since there isn’t a comp. option. But, if it does exist, take it out, please.

Skill-based matchmaking was always a thing in competitive/ranked playlists I’m pretty sure. You’re right about the game being a sweat-fest though, I’m eager to see if the BTB flight is any better.

> Motion Tracker should be 25m like the old games, and it should show arrows if the players are above or below you. Right now it’s borderline useless, since half the time if you glance down the enemy is already directly in front of you because the range is so limited, and I can’t say how many times I’ve thought somebody was close by, but they were above me.

No opinion, I’m just glad they brought back the regular radar, as opposed to the sprint-only one they had last flight. I will say that the lack of detail or range is fine with me if it appeases the people who were anti-old radar though.

> AR Starts I prefer to BR starts, but the AR needs a nerf, it often outclasses the power weapons. (Don’t make it an H3 Pea Shooter, but make the BR and Commando viable). The best way to do that in my opinion would be to remove the headshot multiplier for it, so it becomes a lot less useful at long range where its hard to hit, but keeps it viable at close range.

My thoughts exactly. I’m glad it’s finally viable, but a slight nerf to it’s range is the way to go I think. It shouldn’t be competitve with the BR at mid-to-long range, especially since we have the Commando now.

> Speaking of which, the aiming seems quite off, stuff like the Commando and Sniper is borderline impossible for me to use personally (MkB player, and never have issues with the MCC Snipers) Though many other players have been reporting aiming issues.

Agreed. I’m hit or miss whenever I pick up the Commando (actually better than last time, not sure if they changed it or if I got used to it but still). Can’t hit -Yoink- with the Skewer, or the Sniper really. Something about the aiming is defintely off, whether it’s the AA or something with the acceleration or whatnot.

> No player collision and friendly fire is a major turnoff, it’s always been there, and it forced you to be tactical. Now you can just rocket launcher into a crowd and not worry,
> plus no fun head jumps and whatnot. Plus, it seems weird running through a friendly spartan. This change shouldn’t be too difficult to implement either.
>
> No grenade/rocket jumps, it seems like they removed this to give the repulsor more use, but these have always been around and added to the fun of the game, definitely need to come back. just don’t make them launch you as far as the repulsor.
>
> Gravity hammer… Doesn’t affect GRAVITY… It’s super lame not having it affect gravity, not to mention, RIP Grifball if they keep it this way. (No clue if it messes with vehicles.)

Agreed on all fronts.

These more or less seem to be the consensus of the community on a lot of issues, hopefully they’ll be addressed soon.

On your TLDR really quickly SENCHIEF10: I could certainly also be classified as a “343 hater”. I agree that has always been an issue of 343i’s; trying to fix what isn’t broken. I disagree on the idea that the game will fail, I think it’ll do quite well, and the player base will be quite large due to f2p. Though of course, it won’t be anywhere close to Bungie’s games, which took over the entire world. So, Infinite, no way in hell is going to be a 10-year game.

> Gunplay: This game feels like it was made for M&K first. I’ve had to do way too much tweaking to make it feel anywhere close to good and it still feels wack not PUBG on console bad but still really bad out of the box on default settings. I think there is too much of halo 5’s gunplay DNA in this as well. It’s like they are trying to emulate CoD or apex legends gunplay but it’s so much worse than those 2 games. infinite seems to have the tightest hitboxes of all the halo games which would be a good thing if the gunplay wasn’t so weird. Cross play is going to be an absolute uneven nightmare for console players.
>
> Graphics: still looks worse than games from 2018. I can’t believe they are really sticking to the cross gen 10 year plan. It’s a terrible idea to have this game be supported and updated all the way through 2031 for 2013 hardware. Just wait in a few years when some other multiplayer game leverages some newer innovative tech that infinite will be incapable of doing later on.

I’ve had issues with gunplay as well. Seems lots are actually, hopefully, 343i is looking into it. I do agree on a bit much of Halo 5’s DNA, most notably I hate 343i’s microscopic crosshairs on every weapon. Which I think is why the hitboxes feel tight, mixed with the very fast base movement speed. Graphically, can’t deny it, it’s nothing impressive.

> Physics: probably worst in the franchise. Unacceptable to not have player collision and the worst explosive physics effects in all the halo games. It’s frankly unacceptable. I mean really the gravity hammer doesn’t have a gravity effect?
>
> TTK and pace: like Halo 5, infinite’s pace is too quick. I think this is a fundamental issue since 343 took over the Franchise. They’ve had the view that halo should be fast like CoD or other older arena shooters. The problem is what made halo successful and what differentiated it from other arena shooters was similar core mechanics and philosophy but slowed WAY down. Halo’s pace in the bungie games was dictated by tactical decision making and planning. Whether in FFA or in team games. This is the root of the difference in opinion of the classic vs new halo camps. All I can say is how many people showed up and stayed for halo 5? Not many. And infinite is largely making a lot of the same mistakes as 5.

100% agreed, the physics are horrendous for all the reasons you note. Not to mention, in its current state, Grifball is literally impossible with Infinite’s physics. I agree, 343i has constantly tried to make Halo faster because that’s what other games do, you think they would’ve noticed by now, Halo at its peak was the slowest of all FPS games. The TTK being too fast I believe is mostly a fault of the AR and the way too fast BxB (I think BxB should stay, just toned down so its more like Halo 2). The AR is way too powerful atm, but you address balance later so I’ll add more there. Yeah, Halo 5 sold nowhere near Bungie’s game, and the player retention was almost non-existent, so it sucks they’re keeping so much of it, considering in all honesty a small portion of the fanbase actually likes 5.

Not much to add on maps, I think they’re all like a 6.5/10.

> sandbox: I think the sandbox and many weapons are very badly balanced. It’s not really a secret that 343 must hate the precision meta as they’ve constantly increased the effectiveness of automatics in all their games. Infinite takes it way to far. You can cross map with an AR, strike one. You can ADS (smart scope) with AR and basically every weapon, strike 2. The commando just doesn’t work with the sandbox. It’s way to good. It’s a low skill weapon (once you figure it out) that can demolish anything short of a rocket, long range sniper or shotgun up close, strike 3.I’m not a fan of elevating automatics to be on par with precision weapons. It’s like they listened to the smallest part of halos community who have been complaining about weak automatics since halo 2 and designed the whole multiplayer around them.

Agreed, the AR definitely needs a lower range, since for some reason 343i doesn’t want to fully remove ADS even though the overwhelming majority hates it. Commando, at least as a MkB player, I’ve had the opposite experience, I find its almost unusable and the AR and Sidekick outclass it substantially. I agree, I think precision weapons, for the most part, should be better than automatics. That way skilled players win with their accuracy and tactics, not just spraying first, which Infinite has to an extent, though at least not as bad as CoD. Overall, I like automatic starts, but the automatics shouldn’t be more powerful, making the precisions more powerful encourages you to explore the sandbox and pick up weapons. Infinite seems to have the reverse issue of Halo 2. Halo 2 had a BR meta, with an unusable SMG(which is H2 is just a worse CE AR), and Infinite has a AR meta, with a far weaker BR.

> Bloom: awful way to balance all of these poorly designed weapons. We have a sidekick that can fire very rapidly and drop people in seconds. So 343 adds tons of bloom to make it difficult to get the headshot. Instead they could have just put in a slower firing magnum. I don’t get their obsession with making pistols viable against main weapons. It doesn’t need to stack up to an AR or BR.

I definitely prefer no bloom, but can tolerate it. I disagree the pistols should absolutely be viable, but shouldn’t outclass regular weapons. That way you’re not screwed when you spawn, but are still encouraged to scavenge. I agree, just doing something more in line with the CE magnum w/o bloom would’ve been a lot better like you noted.

> Equipment pickups: mostly useless except for the grapple hook and repulsor.
> The hook by the way will probably be deemed OP after the community has had more time with the game.
>
> Drop wall: there’s a reason bungie didn’t put the deployable cover in normal multiplayer maps in halo 3. It sucks that’s why and so does the drop wall. Its not very effect and probably worse than the deployable cover. Should have just brought back the bubble shield.
>
> target sensor: just a garbage tier pickup. The radar jammer of infinite. Sure it can help a little bit but it’s mostly useless as it’s easy to figure out where people are in halo. This isn’t battlefield.
>
> repulsor: it’s solid. Not much else to say.

The hook I could see becoming a crutch pick-up for sure, but its fun so I quite like it atm. Drop wall I actually like, since its meant to be used proactively, instead of reactively like the bubble shield. Though, it could definitely use a slight health boost. Agreed, target sensor I haven’t grabbed ever since I first tried it. Repulsor I actually hate, not that I dislike the equipment itself, but it seems like that is their excuse to get rid of grenade and hammer physics, which is stupid.

> 2533274926527272;3:
> > 2533274949369837;1:
> > Infinite Constructive Feedback:
> > In no order of importance:
> > Respawn Times should be cut to 8 seconds for the objective game modes like it is in slayer, 10 seconds is over the top. Myself as an example, I have a 0.95 K/D across MCC, and in Infinite I might die around 12 times in a match. So, in an 8-minute match, I might have to spend 1/4 of that dead, over 2 minutes! It also makes it tough to come back in CTF, since the enemy team can move a lot in those 10 seconds.
>
> Totally agree, 10 seconds in past games was supposed to be a punitive time for betrayals and suicides. Having it that long in objective seems a little too rewarding for the opposing team.
>
>
>
>
> > SBMM from CoD making an appearance? Since the game is already a sweat-fest, and SBMM killed CoD for me. Though that’s likely because the Flight is locked down so only hardcore fans are playing, and lots of the comp. players are now in Socials since there isn’t a comp. option. But, if it does exist, take it out, please.
>
> Skill-based matchmaking was always a thing in competitive/ranked playlists I’m pretty sure. You’re right about the game being a sweat-fest though, I’m eager to see if the BTB flight is any better.
>
>
>
>
> > Motion Tracker should be 25m like the old games, and it should show arrows if the players are above or below you. Right now it’s borderline useless, since half the time if you glance down the enemy is already directly in front of you because the range is so limited, and I can’t say how many times I’ve thought somebody was close by, but they were above me.
>
> No opinion, I’m just glad they brought back the regular radar, as opposed to the sprint-only one they had last flight. I will say that the lack of detail or range is fine with me if it appeases the people who were anti-old radar though.
>
>
>
>
> > AR Starts I prefer to BR starts, but the AR needs a nerf, it often outclasses the power weapons. (Don’t make it an H3 Pea Shooter, but make the BR and Commando viable). The best way to do that in my opinion would be to remove the headshot multiplier for it, so it becomes a lot less useful at long range where its hard to hit, but keeps it viable at close range.
>
> My thoughts exactly. I’m glad it’s finally viable, but a slight nerf to it’s range is the way to go I think. It shouldn’t be competitve with the BR at mid-to-long range, especially since we have the Commando now.
>
>
>
>
> > Speaking of which, the aiming seems quite off, stuff like the Commando and Sniper is borderline impossible for me to use personally (MkB player, and never have issues with the MCC Snipers) Though many other players have been reporting aiming issues.
>
> Agreed. I’m hit or miss whenever I pick up the Commando (actually better than last time, not sure if they changed it or if I got used to it but still). Can’t hit -Yoink- with the Skewer, or the Sniper really. Something about the aiming is defintely off, whether it’s the AA or something with the acceleration or whatnot.
>
>
>
>
> > No player collision and friendly fire is a major turnoff, it’s always been there, and it forced you to be tactical. Now you can just rocket launcher into a crowd and not worry,
> > plus no fun head jumps and whatnot. Plus, it seems weird running through a friendly spartan. This change shouldn’t be too difficult to implement either.
> >
> > No grenade/rocket jumps, it seems like they removed this to give the repulsor more use, but these have always been around and added to the fun of the game, definitely need to come back. just don’t make them launch you as far as the repulsor.
> >
> > Gravity hammer… Doesn’t affect GRAVITY… It’s super lame not having it affect gravity, not to mention, RIP Grifball if they keep it this way. (No clue if it messes with vehicles.)
>
> Agreed on all fronts.
>
> These more or less seem to be the consensus of the community on a lot of issues, hopefully they’ll be addressed soon.

Good to see we agree. I mainly wanted to post this here due to the fact that these are the main issues 343i hasn’t addressed, and many have been complaints since the first tech preview. Such as the AR being too good, no physics, etc. They’re normally good with communication, so their silence on some issues leads me to believe they’re intentional and not bugs (such as no player collision). So, I hope they can see what the community thinks since most of these things shouldn’t be tough to change.

Hey svtaurum I appreciate your breakdown and response to my post!

im most surprised you felt the commando was harder on M&K. I would figure it would be easiest on M&K given that it’s easier to manage recoil with a mouse and it’s like the only gun with real recoil. I haven’t played M&K, but in general it felt like the gunplay was built for M&K as a console player.

Interesting point on the repulsor you made. I honestly think they didn’t put it in as a replacement, they just didn’t add physics to the hammer and have bad physics for explosions in general.

I see it more as a classic 343 bad decision/oversight than an intentional replacement.

the MCC customs browser is a great example of 343 having very weird oversight issues.

Just wanted to pile onto the screw SBMM part, I left COD for the exact same reason, they either need to remove it, or keep it tightly contained in ranked. It will really hurt the game to put something like SBMM in social where people just want to have fun

Biggest gripe is the aiming system they chose to go with. I had issues in halo 5 which led me to not play it, and this game is plagued with the same issue. I could never find a setting that I liked in H5, same with this game. On top of that it feels like I constantly fighting with the controller to keep the reticule on the opposing team. I can’t fathom as to why they couldn’t just mimic apex, destiny, or a BF game. The acceleration curves just all seem out of whack.

Not a fan of the whole red and blue outline thing. I find the move away from red and blue team colors an unnecessary change. Again something was fixed that isn’t broken, and yet things that are broken aren’t fixed.

SBMM, again this is one of those things i don’t understand why it plagues every Playlist in games. It belongs in ranked but not social games. It’s probably put in every game now, because of the politics of the gaming industry. I know its an anecdote, but I see more negative leanings surrounding sbmm than positive ones.

Like others ill admit I’m not a fan of the developer, it seems like everytime I’ve tried being open minded to one of the new halo games I find myself being disappointed. This one especially since they’ve had 3 to 5 years to work on it. I can’t comprehend what kind of mess this game would have been if it would have launched last year.

> 2535412226505972;7:
> Just wanted to pile onto the screw SBMM part, I left COD for the exact same reason, they either need to remove it, or keep it tightly contained in ranked. It will really hurt the game to put something like SBMM in social where people just want to have fun

Yeah, it’ll ruin Infinite if its there for sure, and I don’t know how many more years I can stick to MCC lol.

> REXEL: Biggest gripe is the aiming system they chose to go with. I had issues in halo 5 which led me to not play it, and this game is plagued with the same issue. I could never find a setting that I liked in H5, same with this game. On top of that it feels like I constantly fighting with the controller to keep the reticule on the opposing team. I can’t fathom as to why they couldn’t just mimic apex, destiny, or a BF game. The acceleration curves just all seem out of whack.Not a fan of the whole red and blue outline thing. I find the move away from red and blue team colors an unnecessary change. Again something was fixed that isn’t broken, and yet things that are broken aren’t fixed.SBMM, again this is one of those things i don’t understand why it plagues every Playlist in games. It belongs in ranked but not social games. It’s probably put in every game now, because of the politics of the gaming industry. I know its an anecdote, but I see more negative leanings surrounding sbmm than positive ones.Like others ill admit I’m not a fan of the developer, it seems like everytime I’ve tried being open minded to one of the new halo games I find myself being disappointed. This one especially since they’ve had 3 to 5 years to work on it. I can’t comprehend what kind of mess this game would have been if it would have launched last year.

Yeah, the aiming is completely messed up in Infinite, and agreed. Not a 343 fan either, I’m starting to feel as if I got tricked by them by going back to the classic artstyle, but keeping Halo 5 gameplay, with a touchup of Halo 3 and Reach overtop. I imagine last year if it released it would’ve been absolutely abysmal.

Would’ve responded earlier, but 10 post limit go brrr