Constant Crashing Back To DashBoard

Hello,

I am having a very frustrating Halo5:Guardians issue, I recently purchased the game and installed all of the required
updates, I started out playing perfectly fine. Midway into playing the game crashed to the dashboard, everything had
to be loaded up from the beginning. I launched the game again and just as I press on campaign or multiplayer everything
crashes, If I am lucky enough to get back into my campaign once my re spawn tries to happen after the countdown the
screen goes black and kicks me back to the dashboard and my halo5 crashes. This happens each time, I returned
my halo5 back to the game store and this issue was extremely agitating and I could not enjoy playing, I am a long
time halo fan, very active in the community, I love halo since the first one and never have I encountered such issues.
Post returning my halo5 I thought it may have possibly been a disc scratch so I purchased another copy and I have the
same agitating issue, I contacted Microsoft and they advised me they have reports of an on going issue where the game is
crashing. How can a game be enjoyed when you cant even play it? I don’t understand how their is such a large amount of updates
prior to playing the game and then once all of these updates are installed you still cant play because it constantly crashes.
Can someone please respond or contact me in regards to this issue. I have done every step possible from deleting everything to re installing it all.
I did an AC reset on my xbox and nothing changed. I am considering returning this game for good if I can not get a fix. I still have time to do so
and im looking for an immediate reply.

Sincerely,

A concerned Halo5 player.

I’m having the same issue. MP works but when I try to resume or load the campaign it kicks me to the Xbox home dashboard. I did a hard reset and nothing.

Yeah, same thing here. I tried hard reset and uninstalling the game and reinstalling it and still the same outcome. :confused:

> 2713552811213701;2:
> I’m having the same issue. MP works but when I try to resume or load the campaign it kicks me to the Xbox home dashboard. I did a hard reset and nothing.

I had that issue after the last update. I was able to load the game I started before the last updated but if my character died, I would get sent to the Xbox dashboard. Trying to resume sent me to the dashboard. Reloading the game worked but the moment my character died I would be sent to the Xbox dashboard. The fix that worked for me was to start a new game. I tested that approach by allowing my character to die in the new game. The game behaved normally by sending me back to my last checkpoint. I hope this helps.

THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME AND ITS VERY FRUSTRATING I PAID ALMOST 300 DOLLARS FOR MY HALO AND FOR IT NOT TO COME WITH A DISC WAS DISAPPOINTING, BECAUSE I JUST KNEW AT SOME POINT THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. . I CONTACTED MICROSOFT AND WAS INSTRUCTED TO COME TO THIS WEB SITE AND I WILL BE ABLE TO RECIEVE HELP. I UNINSTALLED, REINSTALLED STARTED OVER AND NOTHING KEEPS SENDING ME BACK TO THE DASH BOARD. THAN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON TELLS ME THAT I NEED TO GO SPEND ANOTHER 60 SOMETHING DOLLARS TO GET A DISC THIS IS VERY UNFAIR AND ALSO YOU THIS COMPANY TO PUT OUT A GAME THAT IS SO POPULAR AND NOT HAVE A CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE SET UP IN TIME OF NEED IS TERRIBLE. I NEED TO KNOW THE PROCESS OF HOW I CAN GET A DISC VERSION OF THE GAME WITH OUT SPENDING 400 DOLLARS BECAUSE AS IT STANDS I PAID 300 DOLLARS FOR A STATUE AND THATS IT. AGAIN CAN SOMEONE FROM THIS COMPANY HELP ME IN GETTING A DISC VERSION BECAUSE THE DIGITAL COPY ISNT WORKING AND AGAIN FOR THE AMOUNT OF MONEY I SPENT OR ANYBODY SPENDS AND FOR THIS PRODUCT NOT TO WORK IS UNACCEPTABLE THANK YOU

Hello, this happened to me while playing campaing mission #3. What i did and worked for me was playing this same mission in multiplayer mode and once i finished, returned to single player. Hope it works cheers!!

We’ve been looking into issues surrounding Saved Games and Checkpoints in Campaign that can end a player’s session and bring them to the Xbox One Dashboard. This issue can be resolved by restarting the mission from the beginning.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and are working on a fix for this item.

We are currently tracking this issue in another thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/campaign—can-t-progress-after-today-s-update/6b939776-2aaf-45c1-8688-fd0f14c463f4/posts