constant AFKs

in the past 5 out of 10 matches, at least one player wasnt playing. on one match, not one person was playing. no one on my team, no one on the opposite team. what is it with these people??? plus, they were all just jumping up and down.

got my MVP achievement and an Untouchable, though! :smiley:

They have modified controllers to press A all the time so they can keep searching for a game if they are forced back into a lobby, its pretty much boosting but not bannable in Halo 3.

Thats why I dont play ranked anymore.

ugh how limited. one of them even beat me down somehow.

Especially in Ranked.

i get into this also and it takes like 10 minutes to find a match

> They have modified controllers to press A all the time so they can keep searching for a game if they are forced back into a lobby, its pretty much boosting but not bannable in Halo 3.

I will have to confirm that it is ban-able deranking in halo 3/afking with modded controllers will get you banned.
File a complaint for system tampering.

How are they hoping to boost? If they aren’t playing, then their team is out numbered and they are more likely to lose

> How are they hoping to boost? If they aren’t playing, then their team is out numbered and they are more likely to lose

It’s all pot luck for them.

> How are they hoping to boost? If they aren’t playing, then their team is out numbered and they are more likely to lose

They want to lose a ton of games. That is the point. Then when they get back to their console they will have a very bad trueskill and they will help another player boost their trueskill. It tricks the game into thinking “oh these players are really bad so if they win we’ll give them a lot of trueskill since they shouldn’t be able to win”.

Then the vicious cycle repeats and the boosting account goes on another deranking tirade to help another player after it’s deranked a ton more.

I’ve been playing Halo 3 since 2007 Midnight release and I am sad to see the state of one of my favorite Ranked playlists (Team Slayer) plagued by afk’s, host booters, and derankers. It makes the game so unenjoyable even for me who is willing to put up with this junk ever 1/10 games but when moe than half of the games I play in a single night are compromised by this junk It’s impossible to have fun and play ranked anymore. It doesn’t matter if you are at level 50 or level 1. It affects us all.

You almost have to go in with another person who uses a booster account so you don’t have a chance of getting a deranker on your team. Then it brings up the whole point of “well I don’t want to play with a booster”. I almost guarantee all of the players who just want to play honestly against players their own level never have because the game will still pair up boosters on your team from time to time. So essentially you are being boosted yourself even though you didn’t ask for it. It really is quite ridiculous what ranked has become in Halo 3.

It was perfect a few years ago since the population of players was larger so it outnumbered those who cheated / deranked. But with such a low population now the chances of meeting them is much higher. Since Reach doesn’t really have any ranked playlists all the boosters and cheaters never left Halo 3. Halo 3’s ranking system in my opinion was pure addictive genius fun. But when exploited it’s a mess. If only it had an auto ban filter in place we wouldn’t be dealing with it … once bungie started caring about Reach they forgot about all of us who like Halo 3 more.

Just use the same system which Bungie used for Reach, but no…

I saw one guy with a modded controller as before mentioned. His name was WatchMeJump and all he did was jump. Easy kills really.

They are learning the Reach way. I don’t think they know that in Halo 3 you actually have to play well to rank up…