Consistency on the Scattershot.

I’m not here to complain only to state an opinion. Is it just me or does the Scattershot seem inconsistent at some times and at other times it works perfectly. Taking lag or network NAT out of the equation even on LAN games I’ve noticed it is inconsistent. I feel it should have a patch for consistency in which ever way is the most possibly way to do it. I know it was tweaked before I believe or I may of misheard but that is what I heard. Truth or not someone could tell me.

I can’t stand it, I was playing a game earlier on Ravine where I was pinned behind a rock by three guys. One of them stupidly ran around it to stick me and I blew him away, just then a second guy comes around the corner at point blank range and it took three shots just to take his shield down.

And no, he didn’t have an Overshield or anything like that. :confused:
At that point I was like…yeah, no. I ended up shutting off my console after that game.

I don’t particularity like the Scatter shot.

The first reason is your inconsistency issue. If you pick up a Binary rifle you get a super duper space Sniper rifle, if you pick up an Incineration cannon you get an unholy tool of ultimate destruction that makes the Rocket launcher look like a Poodle but the Scatter shot is the only Forerunner weapon that I’d trade in for the human equivalent.

Because the Scatter shot is inferior to the Shotgun they went and put a Scatter shot in all the places where the Shotgun should be and now it’s so difficult to get my favorite power weapon.

The Scatter shot breaks the theme of the Promethean weapons and has made it too difficult to get a Shot gun and I can’t stand it.

Almost every time I’ve gone to use the Scattershot I’ve pretty much had to put the barrel against the enemy spartan to get a clean kill. I think the ability for its projectiles to bounce of walls useless in almost any situation I’ve been in. Definitely inferior to the Shotgun and dare I say I’d prefer a Boltshot< at least with that you can select between two fire modes.

I’ve always referred the to scattershot as the lottery gun because sometimes you win but 99% of the time you lose

Oh definitely. I would love a consistency patch. Love using the scattershot, but not when it takes an entire clip to kill whereas I just killed someone in 1 shot a second ago.

It’s funny how a weapon from a Tier 1 civilization is inferior to a weapon from a Tier 2 civilization to the point where that inferior weapon…

A consistency patch would be nice to fix it though…

I’m actually really good at getting my 1-shots with it, the thing with it is it does literally need to be point blank, so i try to catch people as they round a corner with it, so i can stick it down their throat…

I have to agree, OP. In a way, Im glad i finished the commie with Scattershot, b/c it is a very inconsistent weapon. It literally takes 2 to 3 shots to make a kill. I would rather take the Shotgun over the Scattershot.

Boltshot > Scattershot.

That’s sad, only thing about the Boltshot is the time between shots. But it is more consistent than the Scattershot, it shouldn’t be that way considering one is a loadout weapon and the other is a power weapon.

This is 343’s Halo. Randomness has been deliberately increased to decrease the skill gap in an effort to appeal to the casual community.

It should do more damage as well. In August 2012, it still seemed a bit not very strong.

This is the main reason that I have grown to hate the scattershot. It’s unreliable and that kills any drive to pick up the gun for me.

I agree, however it doesn’t affect me much as I prefer UNSC anything, especially shotgun. Scattershot is a good concept though, I think the bouncing off the walls deal was designed with the Flood in mind.

I wish it shot farther and way less randomly. The ricochet effect would offset its weak power if it went far enough.

You know, the thing is… I think the Scattershot is actually a headshot weapon.

Look closely, and you’ll see that little red dot appear in the center of the crosshairs when they’re center over your opponents head. Pulling the trigger at this particular moment always results in a disintegration kill.

I’ve tested it on Elites in Spartan Ops; specifically on the mission “The Chase” (Episode 4, Chapter 4) where you have a chance to get your hands on a Scattershot by killing a long Knight Battlewagon; after that, you have a lot of sword-carrying Elite Zealots to test it on.

They need to tighten the spread.

I agree and welcome everyone’s opinion. Keep them coming.

After doing a “Guest-Killing” trial run with the Scattershot, I’ve noticed that it will either take 1sk, a 3sk, or a 5sk.

Trial 1

1: 1
2: 3
3: 3
4: 3
5: 3
6: 1
7: 3
8: 3
9: 1
10: 3

Trial Ratio - 30% for a 1sk, 70% for a 3sk

Trial 2

1: 1
2: 5
3: 3
6: 3
7: 5
8: 3
9: 3

Trial Ratio - 10% for a 1sk, 70% for a 3sk, and 20% for a 5sk

Trial 3

1: 3
2: 3
3: 5
6: 3
7: 3
8: 1
9: 3

Trial Ratio - 10% for a 1sk, 80% for a 3sk, and 10% for a 5sk

Overall Average

1sk: 16.6%

3sk: 73.3%

5sk: 10.0%

The numbers don’t lie, this weapon cannot be neglected forever…

> After doing a “Guest-Killing” trial run with the Scattershot, I’ve noticed that it will either take 1sk, a 3sk, or a 5sk.

In all of the trials, were you the same distance away from the target? Was your reticle aiming at the same place on the target?