Consistency, and the DMR

People like weapons guns that are predictable, reliable, and consistent. Surprisingly, many of the guns in this game lack these traits. The automatics are niche weapons designed to fluster, hampered by luck induced bloom. The carbine ( my favorite) is unwieldy at best, and the BR is also hampered by spread, making head shots a coin toss sometimes. The Light Rifle has an immense learning curve.

When using the DMR, the bullet goes where the reticule is. If the other weapons shared this trait ( to a degree, of course) they would get much more use, and I doubt the DMR would then get so much hate.

Btw I deteste the DMR, and am a automatics-carbine guy myself. Just wanted to voice my opinion.

Bump for the sake of my self esteem

I was pretty sure the other guns were fairly consistent with the exception of the Promethean Light-Rifle. The BR and Carbine are monsters at mid-range but the DMR is just simply more versatile. That is why it is used, and combined with the ability to cause more flinch and it’s insane amount of auto-aim, it is more than just consistency doing any type of work it does.

Yeah I agree. By consistent, I mean predictable; you know people are gonna drop at all ranges, with minimal luck or preparation.

> People like weapons guns that are predictable, reliable, and consistent. Surprisingly, many of the guns in this game lack these traits. The automatics are niche weapons designed to fluster, hampered by luck induced bloom. The carbine ( my favorite) is unwieldy at best, and the BR is also hampered by spread, making head shots a coin toss sometimes. The Light Rifle has an immense learning curve.
>
> When using the DMR, the bullet goes where the reticule is. If the other weapons shared this trait ( to a degree, of course) they would get much more use, and I doubt the DMR would then get so much hate.
>
> Btw I deteste the DMR, and am a automatics-carbine guy myself. Just wanted to voice my opinion.

Is a shotgun reliable in its effective range… yes, is it reliable for sniper range kills, most certainly not, apply the same logic to the BR and you have yourself, knowledge, the BR is and always was consistent in its effective range, it wasnt a weapon designed for team snipers like gameplay, it was a weapon designed to promote much more tactical play where you dont get success sitting back not moving around the map at all.

Also, to my knowledge, i did a thourough test with the carbine which i believe should be a power weapon as it was in Halo 3 due to having the range advantage (DMR same), to the point, im sure the carbine actually has some kind of hidden spread reticle bloom thing, im sure the bullets didnt fire exactly where you aimed everytime, i may be wrong, wud be good to test though

> > People like weapons guns that are predictable, reliable, and consistent. Surprisingly, many of the guns in this game lack these traits. The automatics are niche weapons designed to fluster, hampered by luck induced bloom. The carbine ( my favorite) is unwieldy at best, and the BR is also hampered by spread, making head shots a coin toss sometimes. The Light Rifle has an immense learning curve.
> >
> > When using the DMR, the bullet goes where the reticule is. If the other weapons shared this trait ( to a degree, of course) they would get much more use, and I doubt the DMR would then get so much hate.
> >
> > Btw I deteste the DMR, and am a automatics-carbine guy myself. Just wanted to voice my opinion.
>
> Is a shotgun reliable in its effective range… yes, is it reliable for sniper range kills, most certainly not, apply the same logic to the BR and you have yourself, knowledge, the BR is and always was consistent in its effective range, it wasnt a weapon designed for team snipers like gameplay, it was a weapon designed to promote much more tactical play where you dont get success sitting back not moving around the map at all.
>
> Also, to my knowledge, i did a thourough test with the carbine which i believe should be a power weapon as it was in Halo 3 due to having the range advantage (DMR same), to the point, im sure the carbine actually has some kind of hidden spread reticle bloom thing, im sure the bullets didnt fire exactly where you aimed everytime, i may be wrong, wud be good to test though

As far as I can tell, the Carbine has just enough recoil to make it difficult to manage in an intense fight, but it has next to no spread that I can tell.