Considering getting the Halo Xbox...but...

The Halo 4 xbox is gonna be sweet; it is transparent and it has blue LEDS in it…freaking cool. Thing is, is that it is 400 bucks. Ouch! The gamestop I went to, said they are doing a deal regarding the current xbox 360 slims. Basically, they told me that, if it is in perfect working condition, I can squeeze 120 bucks out of it. Not bad, that drops the H4 Xbox down to 280 bucks, roughly. THen, they told me there might even be more deals regarding trade-ins these upcoming months because of this Halo 4 xbox, but, money isn’t the issue here.

My question is…is what about the LE of Halo 4? I heard that LE Halo 4 does NOT come with the xbox, and that I only get the standard edition. That is really freaking bogus; I collect Halo merchandise (what can I say, I love Halo) and I really wanted the metal case for it…the LE Halo 4 is cool as well, and we can get some nifty stuff with it.

What do you guys suggest I do? Cause I really want to get the xbox…but I really want the limited edition of Halo 4. Le sigh :frowning:

If you’re REALLY into memorabilia, I suggest you buy the Console Edition. If you want a bunch of downloadable content and a metal case, I suggest you buy the Limited Edition.

Then there’s the option of going out on a huge limb and getting both.

Save your money. Rumor is new Xbox in 2013.

The LE console looks sick but with the 360s life being over in around the next 1-2 years I can’t see myself getting another new one since I just got a new one last year. So I’m going with the LE game and UNSC controller (also has blue LEDs!) :slight_smile:

> My question is…is what about the LE of Halo 4? I heard that LE Halo 4 does NOT come with the xbox, and that I only get the standard edition. That is really freaking bogus

Yep that alone is why I decided not to buy Halo 4 console.

I have the Reach console already and though be cool to get this one. But when I read only standard edition of game that stopped me right there.

If they offered a special DLC pack for the difference of the Limited Edition to the console buyers I would totally buy it then.

The steel case be cool, but not a deal breaker for me at that point.

I’d say go for the console. Merely because you can show it off to your friends.

And you still get some “exclusive” DLC, so you still have something virtual.

What all comes with the LE edition, exclusivity-wise? And will it stay exclusive or will it become available to the public eventually?

I think nothing will stay ‘exclusive’ and can be earned in game. But I could be wrong.

I am thinking of getting both, but returning the standard edition in the packaging to get my money for that…maybe?

i’d say you should just get the Limited Edition, the Halo console looks cool n all but after 400 and taxes (or the 280+tax from trade in) you’d still have to pay for the upcoming DLC

I’m buying the 100$ edition of Halo 4, and one of those -Yoink!- controllers with BLUE LIGHTS! HA! Need a new one anyway.

im gettin both havent upgraded since halo 3 console :slight_smile:

I’m probably gonna get the LE game and one of those controllers.
BTW do the controllers come with any avatar gear or in game content?I’m curious about that.

I only bought the Halo 4 LE for the Canon, ( the book stuff that comes with it ) I never buy theme’d hardware.

Trade your old xbox and games torwards the Halo 4 xbox and LE edition. Then sell the standard edition that comes with the xbox and your old cruddy white controllers?

> > My question is…is what about the LE of Halo 4? I heard that LE Halo 4 does NOT come with the xbox, and that I only get the standard edition. That is really freaking bogus
>
> Yep that alone is why I decided not to buy Halo 4 console.
>
> I have the Reach console already and though be cool to get this one. But when I read only standard edition of game that stopped me right there.
>
> If they offered a special DLC pack for the difference of the Limited Edition to the console buyers I would totally buy it then.
>
> The steel case be cool, but not a deal breaker for me at that point.

EDIT: nvm im not sure i can link that

I haven’t really been around for any special edition releases (got back to gaming this time last year after a long time off dealing with real life issues) so I’m really excited for Halo 4 and am finding it hard to ignore the appeal of a Special Edition console, even if I have to do some mucking around with it cause I’ve already got the Limited Edition of the game on order.

I’m going to be getting both the console and the limited edition game.

> The Halo 4 xbox is gonna be sweet; it is transparent and it has blue LEDS in it…freaking cool. Thing is, is that it is 400 bucks. Ouch! The gamestop I went to, said they are doing a deal regarding the current xbox 360 slims. Basically, they told me that, if it is in perfect working condition, I can squeeze 120 bucks out of it. Not bad, that drops the H4 Xbox down to 280 bucks, roughly. THen, they told me there might even be more deals regarding trade-ins these upcoming months because of this Halo 4 xbox, but, money isn’t the issue here.
>
> My question is…is what about the LE of Halo 4? I heard that LE Halo 4 does NOT come with the xbox, and that I only get the standard edition. That is really freaking bogus; I collect Halo merchandise (what can I say, I love Halo) and I really wanted the metal case for it…the LE Halo 4 is cool as well, and we can get some nifty stuff with it.
>
> What do you guys suggest I do? Cause I really want to get the xbox…but I really want the limited edition of Halo 4. Le sigh :frowning:

Why not get both console and LE? Then just sell the game for the same price as you bought it?

I’m saving up for the Xbox 720.