Consequences of quitting

Are there?

I just hate quitters but it seems like there’s no consequences this time. At the end of a Infinity slayer match, there’s constantly 10-12 people that have played the match. Ridiculous.

They need to bring back the quit ban from Reach.

So there’s nothing? You just quit and join as many times as you want?

Would you rather have half your team quit,not replaced and then lose, or would you rather have a fighting chance?

As with all games that add players to games in progress, how many times has half your team quit and you didn’t even notice that they were replaced, but still had a fun competetive game and possibly even won?

Unfortunately, yes. They can constantly keep quitting.

I don’t think there should be a ban, if you stay in the game good for you, more xp. If you decide to quit, well thats your miss on the xp. I actually haven’t noticed people quitting and joining. I really have only noticed it like 3 times but it doesn’t bother me as long as the team is still the same number of people.

> Would you rather have half your team quit,not replaced and then lose, or would you rather have a fighting chance?
>
> As with all games that add players to games in progress, how many times has half your team quit and you didn’t even notice that they were replaced, but still had a fun competetive game and possibly even won?

I would rather have no Join-in-progress and put a 15min lockdown to your account every freaking time that you quit a game. As simple as that. Don’t quit, is it too hard to understand?

I think they SHOULD have the ban AND the join in progress. Quitting is unsporting and should be discouraged/penalized.

There better not be a ban. Games load so fast that voting happens and Im still reviewing stats. And maybe I want to back out and search again instead of playing against the same people.

I reviewed my stats from last night and I have quite a few DNF’s and hell I got one because I was reviewing stats and then I was finished for the night but voting started and I couldn’t back out. So I just turned my xbox off.

> I think they SHOULD have the ban AND the join in progress. Quitting is unsporting and should be discouraged/penalized.

That. I will never support people that leaves in anyways.

I am a double team player. It’s a hardcore playlist with many hardcore players. I’ve been beaten 25 to 5 every once in a while, and I keep playing until the end, it’s part of the game.

none that i know of and there really shouldn’t be one because leaving the lobby after the game has finished as per normal counts as a quit so everyone would be getting wrongfully penalized.

> So there’s nothing? You just quit and join as many times as you want?

yup.

why would I stay in a match where I have no chance of winning thanks to JIP?

Besides it’s not like the spot doesn’t get filled after I leave. Someone else can stay in a instant loss match. I’m going to go find one that is evenly matched or is starting from the beginning.

> > So there’s nothing? You just quit and join as many times as you want?
>
> yup.
>
> why would I stay in a match where I have no chance of winning thanks to JIP?
>
> Besides it’s not like the spot doesn’t get filled after I leave. Someone else can stay in a instant loss match. I’m going to go find one that is evenly matched or is starting from the beginning.

That hasn’t happened to me yet like it does in BF3 all the time. Join game, games over, your team lost. Well no -Yoink-.

And furthermore, what happens to your win/lose stats? Does it count like a “lost” when you leave a JIP?

> Would you rather have half your team quit,not replaced and then lose, or would you rather have a fighting chance?
>
> As with all games that add players to games in progress, how many times has half your team quit and you didn’t even notice that they were replaced, but still had a fun competetive game and possibly even won?

I would rather not get put in a game on the losing team.

> And furthermore, what happens to your win/lose stats? Does it count like a “lost” when you leave a JIP?

Good question. I really don’t care to much about w/l because the guys I play with aren’t really that good and I’m going to be doing a lot of losing.

> > > So there’s nothing? You just quit and join as many times as you want?
> >
> > yup.
> >
> > why would I stay in a match where I have no chance of winning thanks to JIP?
> >
> > Besides it’s not like the spot doesn’t get filled after I leave. Someone else can stay in a instant loss match. I’m going to go find one that is evenly matched or is starting from the beginning.
>
> That hasn’t happened to me yet like it does in BF3 all the time. Join game, games over, your team lost. Well no Yoink!.

Yeah it’s happened to me several times. One game I joined clearly half the players left because the other team was spawn trapping them. I left that in a hurry. All the players on my team had newly joined too and were getting killed before moving. I was like hell no!

Just unfortunate we have to deal with junk like this now.

Some people have genuine reasons to quit games, a ban should not be given out lightly.

> There better not be a ban. Games load so fast that voting happens and Im still reviewing stats. And maybe I want to back out and search again instead of playing against the same people.
>
> I reviewed my stats from last night and I have quite a few DNF’s and hell I got one because I was reviewing stats and then I was finished for the night but voting started and I couldn’t back out. So I just turned my xbox off.

I agree! I always search for new players after every game! I shouldn’t get a “DNF” because I hit back at the end of the game and left the lobby!

> > There better not be a ban. Games load so fast that voting happens and Im still reviewing stats. And maybe I want to back out and search again instead of playing against the same people.
> >
> > I reviewed my stats from last night and I have quite a few DNF’s and hell I got one because I was reviewing stats and then I was finished for the night but voting started and I couldn’t back out. So I just turned my xbox off.
>
> I agree! I always search for new players after every game! I shouldn’t get a “DNF” because I hit back at the end of the game and left the lobby!

yeah the account that I have been playing Matchmaking on has a terrible win loss ratio and it’s because of this. I want to see my exp / post game stats and before I have time to back out it’s in a pre-game lobby already (which is good since games are starting fast). However getting an instant DNF every time because of that is kinda lame. It shouldn’t count until the match actually starts and you have to use the menu to quit lol