consecutively laggy games.

I’ve noticed a pattern. It’s actually been a lot worse recently. The amount of games that are laggy is ridiculous.

First off. No it’s not me, http://www.speedtest.net/result/1740116020.png,
but when it comes to UK hosted games (which for me should have pings maximum of 80ms, the games are honorificly laggy. Not as much bullet registration but more delay in shots. Europe is just a bad.

I don’t understand why, this never happened in Halo 3. It seems the matchmaking server are rubbish in Reach. All more reason we need Dedicated Servers. It’s starting to get really annoying. Plus search restrictions don’t do a blind bit of difference.

Anyone else agree?

Someone who has just purchased a copy of Reach or playing with a 360 that hasn’t played Reach before will pull host a lot before a host record can be compiled.

There was an influx of new players/360s because of the Christmas Reach bundles. Other than having an open NAT and ensuring your networking hardware isn’t at fault there isn’t much you can do.

I used to suggest using prefer good connection but that doesn’t prevent bad connections anymore either.

I do notice that when the custom search has “Best Connection” chosen, I saw more laggy games than non-laggy.

Lag and black screens have been awful the past couple months. I agree that dedicated servers would be great- it would eliminate the benefit/curse of ‘host’

> Lag and black screens have been awful the past couple months. I agree that dedicated servers would be great- it would eliminate the benefit/curse of ‘host’

I have noticed past few months it’s been really bad.