Conquering Hero

Remember those badyoink live action trailer that oozed intensity and tension between Chief and Locke? What the snizz happened to that?? There wasnt a shred of that intensity of emotion in the entire game between them. Everything played out exactly how everyone predicted it would, in other words “chief and locked butt heads for a sliver of a second and then end up buddies by the end to take on the real threat”, pretty underwhelming if you ask me. I thought things would be far less predictable, unless they are putting off some things that were conceptualized for Halo 5 to Halo 6. Either way, I thought the dynamic between these two would be a lot more… Dynamic?

Dont get me wrong, the game plays great and I can’t get enough of it, MP is addicting and campaign was enjoyable, but the story itself seemed so monotone. Sorry for ranting, I just feel alot of the potential of the first “Spartan vs Spartan” encounter in the games was wasted.

Edit: And what’s up with the absence of the damaged Infinity in the sky? That didnt even come close to happening in the entire campaign. Did they change a bunch of stuff last second?

I think it had something to do with coming up with a way to market the story that wouldn’t spoil the Cortana twist. They came up with a Locke v. Chief thing where Chief was a traitor, made that more of a Hunt the Truth deal, gave us like, 2 minutes of that in the actual game, then hit us with the real story.

I agree, no emotional tension between the two

It’s all about bait and switch tactics these days. The game would have been ten times better if they followed through with a legit hunt down of Blue Team instead of a Blues Clues tour of the armpits of the galaxy.

It failed to generate any tension if you ask me. This is what happens when an independent advert company is given full rein of things without being informed of plot details.

> 2533274806696796;4:
> It’s all about bait and switch tactics these days. The game would have been ten times better if they followed through with a legit hunt down of Blue Team instead of a Blues Clues tour of the armpits of the galaxy.
>
> It failed to generate any tension if you ask me.

I think it had something to do with coming up with a way to market the story that wouldn’t spoil the Cortana twist. Only it would have been better than the actual story we got.

“Blues Clues Tour of the Armpits of the Galaxy” … this should be a thing.

> 2535464699776153;1:
> Remember those badyoink live action trailer that oozed intensity and tension between Chief and Locke? What the snizz happened to that?? There wasnt a shred of that intensity of emotion in the entire game between them. Everything played out exactly how everyone predicted it would, in other words “chief and locked butt heads for a sliver of a second and then end up buddies by the end to take on the real threat”, pretty underwhelming if you ask me. I thought things would be far less predictable, unless they are putting off some things that were conceptualized for Halo 5 to Halo 6. Either way, I thought the dynamic between these two would be a lot more… Dynamic?
>
> Dont get me wrong, the game plays great and I can’t get enough of it, MP is addicting and campaign was enjoyable, but the story itself seemed so monotone. Sorry for ranting, I just feel alot of the potential of the first “Spartan vs Spartan” encounter in the games was wasted.
>
> Edit: And what’s up with the absence of the damaged Infinity in the sky? That didnt even come close to happening in the entire campaign. Did they change a bunch of stuff last second?

I would have been a bit interesting if you saw more action with chief and locke, but it is what it is.

> 2533274883669557;2:
> I think it had something to do with coming up with a way to market the story that wouldn’t spoil the Cortana twist. They came up with a Locke v. Chief thing where Chief was a traitor, made that more of a Hunt the Truth deal, gave us like, 2 minutes of that in the actual game, then hit us with the real story.

The real story sucked, guess i should have #huntedtherealtruth

The truth was there was no ‘truth’…

so deep bruh i’m 10 yers old

> 2533274872459107;7:
> > 2533274883669557;2:
> > I think it had something to do with coming up with a way to market the story that wouldn’t spoil the Cortana twist. They came up with a Locke v. Chief thing where Chief was a traitor, made that more of a Hunt the Truth deal, gave us like, 2 minutes of that in the actual game, then hit us with the real story.
>
>
> The real story sucked, guess i should have #huntedtherealtruth
>
> The truth was there was no ‘truth’…
>
> so deep bruh i’m 10 yers old

> 2533274883669557;5:
> > 2533274806696796;4:
> >
>
>
> I think it had something to do with coming up with a way to market the story that wouldn’t spoil the Cortana twist. Only it would have been better than the actual story we got.

that’s what I said bro bruh

> 2533274883669557;5:
> > 2533274806696796;4:
> > It’s all about bait and switch tactics these days. The game would have been ten times better if they followed through with a legit hunt down of Blue Team instead of a Blues Clues tour of the armpits of the galaxy.
> >
> > It failed to generate any tension if you ask me.
>
>
> I think it had something to do with coming up with a way to market the story that wouldn’t spoil the Cortana twist. Only it would have been better than the actual story we got.
>
> “Blues Clues Tour of the Armpits of the Galaxy” … this should be a thing.

Agreed. As the trailer says, “Hunt the Truth”.