Connection to Server Lost -- Please fix

Dear 343,

Multiple people, including myself, are being disconnected from the game server arbitrarily after matches begin. This can occur as little as 10 seconds into the match, in the middle of a match, or sometimes even directly before or after the scoreboard appears.

Some of us have had this happen since the game released, others since the latest update. Most of us (if not all) are not having issues with other online multiplayer games.

This is an issue that affects everyone when it comes to team based playlists, even those who are not dropping out due to connection issues. If someone drops and a team is left with 3 versus 4, that can easily affect who wins the match.

Please fix this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Farsight

This has happened to me now for a week, and its very usual, that in every game 1-5 players leave/have lost connection. I cant believe that so many players just quit. Havent been able to play any big team battle through now for two days. Earlier it was like 50% of matches. Im sad.

Hard reset seems to work. At least I got to play one full match. Opposing team had only three players half way to the game.

Nowp. Same problem again after one, ONE whole match. One whole match in two, three days. Does anyone know anything about this?

> 2533274984502363;4:
> Nowp. Same problem again after one, ONE whole match. One whole match in two, three days. Does anyone know anything about this?

> 2533274804891940;1:
> Dear 343,
>
> Multiple people, including myself, are being disconnected from the game server arbitrarily after matches begin. This can occur as little as 10 seconds into the match, in the middle of a match, or sometimes even directly before or after the scoreboard appears.
>
> Some of us have had this happen since the game released, others since the latest update. Most of us (if not all) are not having issues with other online multiplayer games.
>
> This is an issue that affects everyone when it comes to team based playlists, even those who are not dropping out due to connection issues. If someone drops and a team is left with 3 versus 4, that can easily affect who wins the match.
>
> Please fix this as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Farsight

This was happening a ton to me too. I updated my controller and did a hard reset and I haven’t had the problem again. And I’ve logged a ton of matches now. Give it a try.

Dear 343:

Its December, and im still having the connection to server lost issue, this is the only game that ive been having online problems i used the connection test on the xbox one and it said that everything is fine. I hope you can fix it because out of 10 matches i finish only too and then i get banned because of losing connection to the server this is not fair

There’s a thread that was recently created called “40 + Leavers a day”. The complaint was that tons of people are leaving matches in the middle, and there should be stricter rules for leaving. Why bring this up? Because it demonstrates how the “connection lost issue” affects everyone.

I imagine when we see players leave the match in the middle of the game, half the time it’s because they’re loosing, the other half is because the connection is lost. All that to say, players leaving IS a support related issue. I don’t care if you don’t have connection issues. It’s a problem big enough that matches are turning into 3 v 4, 2 v 4 etc. – meaning this issue needs to be fixed asap.