Connection to Host has Failed

I get this error like 9/10 times following the “connecting session…” part of matchmaking after this patch. My experience is much worse than it was pre-patch. Please fix.

80 Mbps down / 20 Mbps up / Wired connection / Open NAT / 70ms ping / searching alone / all lists

I’ve had this same issue and it seems to be a common theme on these forums ever since the patch. This probably happens more like 7/10 times for me, but still far too prevalent.

I get the same error. I usually have to restart my MCC and then search again!

It’s preventing me from joining even a single game…

This seems to happen more now than it did before the patch, another bug introduced while fixing some bugs :frowning:

This happens to me like 6 times before i get one game

I’ve gotten this error a couple times, but let it keep searching… it won’t stop searching. Just let it work and you’ll find a game.

I can’t even connect to games, cannot connect to host. open NAT.

I noticed when it happens I just leave it up and continue searching, I still get in games that way. It is so weird but works.

i got this problem when trying to play campaign together

Never got this before the patch, get it a lot now.

What’s worse is that it takes SO long just to get to the point where it is actually connecting to a game, then this.

This will either show within the lobby after connecting to the session before the game starts. Or during the game and host leaves since all the games are running P2P at the moment

Same here. I cant get into anything now. Pre-patch it took forever but it would eventually work.

This notification is very regular now that’s for certain. I would say every 4 out of 10 searches ends up with this message lately for me.

When that happens, just back out of the queue and try again.

Another one that comes up every now and then is “failed to connect as session is full”. It’s not as regular as the host one though.

> 2592250499807011;1:
> I get this error like 9/10 times following the “connecting session…” part of matchmaking after this patch. My experience is much worse than it was pre-patch. Please fix.
>
> 80 Mbps down / 20 Mbps up / Wired connection / Open NAT / 70ms ping / searching alone / all lists

You get this in custom games too, even when you are the host.

Patch worked for maybe a half dozen games for me. This is the second day playing for me and I cannot connect to a single game. I have restarted the searches going on half an hour now. I am beyond frustrated this game -Yoinking!- sucks

I preordered the game and since day 1, I wasn’t able to establish a matchmaking game. I’m in Argentina, I’m not sure if the game is trying to put me in a game with people who have a lower ping, but that makes it rather impossible to play a multiplayer session…

Is this happening in all playlists?
I was getting this almost constantly in H2A playlist (the ranked one), then I’ve been doing Team Slayer and have rarely gotten it at all.