Connection to game server dropped after 2-3 games

Upon completing 2 to 3 games back-to-back, I inevitably will get an in-game stutter and eventually dropped from my current game. The frequency of this issue has made the game not enjoyable. This is the only online game that gives me such problems, so I know it is not my ISP or local network. This appeared about a week or two ago from this posting.

I get so tired of dealing with it that I shut off the console and do something else. I guess that’s why I haven’t been hit with the banhammer due to DNF results from this stupid issue.

The error I’m given is “Your console has lost connection to the game server”. Realistically, this error should say: “Yea… our servers suck and we lost your connection.”

That happens to me too.

you wont get a DNF for disconnecting duie to that message. those games do not regiester as played

> 2533274881086487;3:
> you wont get a DNF for disconnecting duie to that message. those games do not regiester as played

You’re confusing the dedicated server connection error with this one. This one disconnects you midgame, which does count as a DNF for the match. It’s incredibly frustrating.

> 2533274805499764;4:
> > 2533274881086487;3:
> > you wont get a DNF for disconnecting duie to that message. those games do not regiester as played
>
>
> You’re confusing the dedicated server connection error with this one. This one disconnects you midgame, which does count as a DNF for the match. It’s incredibly frustrating.

Actually I’m not. The “your console has lost connection to the dedicated server” message has come up for me in the middle of my games. I am speaking from personal experience as in I witnessed it on my account then checked my game history and it never even shows up. I wouldn’t be saying stuff like this if it was not true or if I have not seen it myself on my account. I had the same thing happen an hour ago yet I have no dnf showing

> 2533274881086487;5:
> > 2533274805499764;4:
> > > 2533274881086487;3:
> > > you wont get a DNF for disconnecting duie to that message. those games do not regiester as played
> >
> >
> > You’re confusing the dedicated server connection error with this one. This one disconnects you midgame, which does count as a DNF for the match. It’s incredibly frustrating.
>
>
> Actually I’m not. The “your console has lost connection to the dedicated server” message has come up for me in the middle of my games. I am speaking from personal experience as in I witnessed it on my account then checked my game history and it never even shows up. I wouldn’t be saying stuff like this if it was not true or if I have not seen it myself on my account. I had the same thing happen an hour ago yet I have no dnf showing

I think that it depends, I have received that message today and in two games yesterday and they both counted as played and my ranking was affected. IT is frustrating because it happens to me as soon as the game starts to load.

> 2533274881086487;5:
> > 2533274805499764;4:
> > > 2533274881086487;3:
> > > you wont get a DNF for disconnecting duie to that message. those games do not regiester as played
> >
> >
> > You’re confusing the dedicated server connection error with this one. This one disconnects you midgame, which does count as a DNF for the match. It’s incredibly frustrating.
>
>
> Actually I’m not. The “your console has lost connection to the dedicated server” message has come up for me in the middle of my games. I am speaking from personal experience as in I witnessed it on my account then checked my game history and it never even shows up. I wouldn’t be saying stuff like this if it was not true or if I have not seen it myself on my account. I had the same thing happen an hour ago yet I have no dnf showing

You’re referencing a separate error message from the one I was referring to. The error I’m discussing in this thread ends with a DNF on your record due to it removing you from the match midgame.

I have received the message you are talking about as well. That error, from my experience, kicks you back to the multiplayer menu without affecting your record since the game hadn’t started yet.

Although I wouldn’t doubt the cause is the exact same, that being 343i’s overloaded servers and their inability to scale properly.

> 2533274805499764;7:
> > 2533274881086487;5:
> > > 2533274805499764;4:
> > > > 2533274881086487;3:
> > > > you wont get a DNF for disconnecting duie to that message. those games do not regiester as played
> > >
> > >
> > > You’re confusing the dedicated server connection error with this one. This one disconnects you midgame, which does count as a DNF for the match. It’s incredibly frustrating.
> >
> >
> > Actually I’m not. The “your console has lost connection to the dedicated server” message has come up for me in the middle of my games. I am speaking from personal experience as in I witnessed it on my account then checked my game history and it never even shows up. I wouldn’t be saying stuff like this if it was not true or if I have not seen it myself on my account. I had the same thing happen an hour ago yet I have no dnf showing
>
>
> You’re referencing a separate error message from the one I was referring to. The error I’m discussing in this thread ends with a DNF on your record due to it removing you from the match midgame.
>
> I have received the message you are talking about as well. That error, from my experience, kicks you back to the multiplayer menu without affecting your record since the game hadn’t started yet.
>
> Although I wouldn’t doubt the cause is the exact same, that being 343i’s overloaded servers and their inability to scale properly.

no the error i am talking about kicked me mid game. as in i was in the middle of killing enemies when i got thrown from the game and sent back to the main menu, not the MP menu. i would not be coming here discussing things that i had not seen for my self.

I having the same problem and loosing my cool, this game has become unplayable for me. Im having to explain to my team why i left, which is a glitch. And im also loosing my boosts!

Ok ok, so i got my boosts back, it just takes a while to realize, still this is stupid. I had less bugs in mcc, and no im not joking.

Still happening. I’ve now lost at least three legendary XP/RP boosts due to this crap, on top of the DNF.

Anyone figured this out, yet? I’ve been having the same problem and it’s driving me nuts. Any other game I play might have a but of lag, on occasion, but they don’t straight up drop me. MCC included.

Still have the issue. The frequency drops during the week, but is still there. The frequency increases as the weekend approaches and throughout. Of course, the frequency in game server disconnects dramatically increase with any DLC releases.

I purchased a new AC1750 router and still have game server disconnects. This is solely on 343i’s end.

Same exact problem here ever since launch. I stopped playing for a few months because I was that disgusted by it. Started playing again to try out Firefight and I’m sadly not surprised to see the problem hasn’t been addressed. Same BS. Disconnecting and losing my boosts.

is there any thing that can be done to fix this problem of disconnecting mid game. The message i just started getting was when the Warzone firefight update came in it says “console has lost connection with the server” it is a pain in the butt and makes it to where i do not want to play the game anymore. does any one have a fix for this.

> 2533274809185382;14:
> is there any thing that can be done to fix this problem of disconnecting mid game. The message i just started getting was when the Warzone firefight update came in it says “console has lost connection with the server” it is a pain in the butt and makes it to where i do not want to play the game anymore. does any one have a fix for this.

Nothing you can do. It is solely on 343i & Microsoft’s end.

The frequency in which it happens is determined by server load. So if it is a Thursday - Sunday, or something special is happening, expect disconnects. It’s all quite pathetic …

The servers for this game are horrendous. I don’t know if 343i or MS will address this or not. If your not sitting on top of (or relatively close by) to one of there dedicated servers the game really doesn’t perform well at all… I do hope there is something they can do because at this rate Halo5 will be a short lived game for me.