Connection Lost or Crash

Hi there,

I’ve been militarised into making this post by the sheer amount of crashes and disconnects I’m receiving.

The disconnects come in the guise of “Connection Lost”. Last two happened in a row there - both times when I was on course to win a game. Happens fairly commonly - vast majority of the times when I’m in a winning position! Which makes it feel somewhat deliberate. I think back to the Halo 2 days…

Yet I’m not disconnected from Xbox Live whenever it happens; in fact, I press ‘A’ and it’s instantly ready to find a game again.

I played six matches of Halo Wars 2 over the past couple of days and received no disconnects. Yet you can bet that I always get a disconnects multiple times in a week in Halo 5.

And I also get multiple crashes every week. I’ve seen this posted numerous times over the past couple of months and I’m not sure how seriously it is being taken - but the game makes a glitched noise and crashes.

It seems to be that the glitched noise and crash happen in response to an interaction via the controller - or when there have been multiple interactions in a short space of time. I’ve actually predict when it crashes a lot of the time - or when a crash is imminent!

I’m curious to know if there are issues you are aware of in relation to both these problems, and if you can advise solutions (outside of ‘git gud connection’ - as I’m on the fastest possible in the area and located in a major UK City, not out ‘in the sticks’).

Also, I should point out that these issues did not happen in the first few months of the game. They have happened after the updates to the game - but I’m pretty sure they got worse during, and subsequently since, Memories of Reach.

Thanks.

And now I complete a game - with less than half of my teammates sticking around to the end…

Starting to wonder if I should move on from this game now.

Anyway, I’ve also noticed slowdowns and hanging during the game too - again, that’s only been happening since Memories of Reach.

Coming back to this. Playing at 3.30am - nobody is up around me - kicked out of two games in a row. Last one happened JUST as we were about to capture the flag in an overtime, highly competitive CTF match on Team Arena. It was literally at the flag stand…

Seriously, there is NO TRAFFIC locally - it’s bedtime for most…

Again, the Xbox One remained connected to the net.

Is there an issue with this title in regards to dropping connection? Or some sort of player exploit to end the game (a la Halo 2 - although can’t foresee this because server isn’t being hosted by a player these days)?

I’ve researched this and found a number of topics with an equal number of exacerbated players who don’t seem to have received a clear response. It would very much help to know if you are aware of an issue.

HiFi this seems to be happening quite a bit more lately and im not sure at all if 343i is doing anything about it. We will just have to wait and see. But I can tell you this as the more updates that come out the game is becoming more and more unstable. And even when it is up and running the games are just very inconsistent from one another. I think 343i needs to put together a support team and start replying to these issues.

> 2533274795501334;4:
> HiFi this seems to be happening quite a bit more lately and im not sure at all if 343i is doing anything about it. We will just have to wait and see. But I can tell you this as the more updates that come out the game is becoming more and more unstable. And even when it is up and running the games are just very inconsistent from one another. I think 343i needs to put together a support team and start replying to these issues.

Absolutely! So many people are commenting on this. I don’t think we’re at all being unreasonable in our assumptions that updates have played some part.

> 2764486378417949;2:
> And now I complete a game - with less than half of my teammates sticking around to the end…
>
> Starting to wonder if I should move on from this game now.
>
> Anyway, I’ve also noticed slowdowns and hanging during the game too - again, that’s only been happening since Memories of Reach.

agreed 104%

There is alot of instability even with a wired connection an open Nat.

> 2764486378417949;5:
> > 2533274795501334;4:
> > HiFi this seems to be happening quite a bit more lately and im not sure at all if 343i is doing anything about it. We will just have to wait and see. But I can tell you this as the more updates that come out the game is becoming more and more unstable. And even when it is up and running the games are just very inconsistent from one another. I think 343i needs to put together a support team and start replying to these issues.
>
>
> Absolutely! So many people are commenting on this. I don’t think we’re at all being unreasonable in our assumptions that updates have played some part.

We are not being unreasonable at all. There is a point where we have to be heard. All my friends but one are still playing H5. When I text them to play a few games they laugh and say no way!! LOL. They gave up the game because its a mess and really I cant blame them. :-/

> 2533274875982754;7:
> There is alot of instability even with a wired connection an open Nat.

Matador we think way to much alike! LOL. Even wired and Open Nat the game is not performing like it should. And I have done everything to make sure it wasn’t my ISP. They were more then helpful. They came to my house to check everything from top to bottom. And even monitored my connection for a solid month to make sure it wasn’t nothing on my end that would show up randomly. These issues im having are totally on the game. They even said that the server that I was connecting to for the game was not very stable. Those were the exact words they used.

connection lost… oh how much I despise that message once I was winning and called in a fresh corpsemaker and boom connection lost! the last 5 times were me having a fresh or 90% ammo power weapon (one time I had finally got a -yoink-ing phaeton! from a rare random finally got and connection lost! I love this game but this and a few assassination bugs are annoying connection lost = :,( x10000000000007

halo wars 2 (groan) I played 9 games but 4 of the games got me disconnected I was just playing for the golds and took 3 hrs to get them

Just had a warzone game where the dedicated server froze. I could still see my REQs, scroll between base spawns - but timer and score stopped. After about a minute, it ejected me.

Had been having a good spell today - no issues, 7/8 wins in a row. On my way to another one and BOOM.

At least this time I definitely know it was the server…

I was dominating the warzone game.Then I called in a banshee ultra and you guessed it CONNECTION LOST(it was spelled all capital letters) it was going to be my best warzone game anyway

It’s a regular occurrence especially when you’re doing good in a game. Does anyone else think that maybe some players use a lag-switch as well because some of the timings seen coincidental especially if Tbagging is involved?

Yes all this stuff happens to me to but what im getting mad about is i use a legendary or rare warzone xp or rp boost join the game us a bunch of reqs then the brilliant halo server crashes and all of my stuff is gone. Its not just a one time thing this happens all the time and im very F%#$&@! tired of it. its not just that im waisting my gold packs its also me wasting money because i some times buy packs i either want my money back or another 100 req packs because this means i am literaly paying for nothing thanks 343

After the HUGE dissapointment of Halo mcc which to this date does not function properly , i am still left with a h5 that is not working properly :frowning: again its the matchmaking , the core part of this halo title is not functioning as it should. In fact a ton of people are having the EXCACT same problem, and there is no statement or updates regarding the fact that you guys at 343 is working to fix this issue :frowning: It is the same issue everytime , i randomly get disconnected , and the message "console disconnected from server pops up. I have now tried everything in my power to fix this as i did with mcc , but i cannot seem to fix it. This issue seems to greatly impact the quality negatively for alot of players and i think it should be priority 1 to fix this, not realeasing new req bundles or whatever