"Connection Interrupted" - H3 Campaign Coop FIX!

We’re trying to play Halo 3 Campaign Co-op with 4 players total and each time during the opening cutscene it kicks us all back to the main menu with a “Connection Interrupted” error. We’ve tried different hosts, and with some people we can get slightly further in the opening cutscene than other hosts, but overall it’s within a minute or so.

It’s unplayable. We have two people on the PC Gamepass version and 2 people on the Steam version, but I don’t think this makes a difference.

EDIT: I’ve found a fix! Make sure each person in your group has capped the framerate to 60fps in the Video settings. Theres some sort of sync issue when the game is over 60fps right now. We played about 2 hours straight with absolutely no problems (aside from the usual input lag for whoever isn’t the host).

Same problem here. Halo 3 co-op with 3 players total and within seconds we get disconnected. I even tried 2 player co-op with a friend that I played Halo CE with flawlessly and we got about 45 seconds in and then got disconnected. Seems like a fairly common problem with Halo 3 right now. I guess we all have to submit an issue report and hope 343 prioritizes the issue.

I’ve found a fix! Make sure each person in your group has capped the framerate to 60fps in the Video settings. Theres some sort of sync issue when the game is over 60fps right now. We played about 2 hours straight with absolutely no problems (aside from the usual input lag for whoever isn’t the host).

> 2533274808696805;3:
> I’ve found a fix! Make sure each person in your group has capped the framerate to 60fps in the Video settings. Theres some sort of sync issue when the game is over 60fps right now. We played about 2 hours straight with absolutely no problems (aside from the usual input lag for whoever isn’t the host).

3 people group having issues with H3 coop, every one capped 60, all have same settings, makes no difference. We have tried everything we can and every post we have found and nothing helps, looks like we wont be getting the nameplate because of this gamebreaking bug

this issue is still happening in 2021 as of the date of posting this comment here. though the issue started happening to me and my friends right after season 7 released. now we are on the last season and Halo 3 co-op campaign is still unplayable. it constantly disconnects us. we have tried capping our framerate, even tried doing other things, but nope. the issue is still happening.

and it’s only Halo 3 having this issue for us

This issue is still happening in March of 2022. Even with just two people trying to join co-op missions fails to get to a playable part of the mission 80%+ of the time.

All of the P2P connections from Coop Campaign & Coop connection issues shall be solved when they realize to enable Campaign crossplay