Confusion...so much confusion.

I am an onyx 1900. I fluctuate lately, going between 1850 and 1950. Which is why I’m here.
I’m quite confused, frankly, about how this works.
I get 1st, I go up 20 spots. Next game I get 1st, I go up 6 slots. Next game I get 3rd, and I go down 10? Then I finish 4th and go down 15.
That’s 2 wins, up 26. 3rd and 4th, down 25.
That why I fluctuate so much.
I realize in every rank, up until onyx, you rank up 1-3 place (and sometimes 4th?).
Also, I am not often ranked with a lobby full of other onyx players. It will often be 2 or 3 onyx, then some diamond. A lot of unranked. I’ve even seen the occasional gold and silvers in there (never Bronze I’ll admit)
There seems to be no coalition between more onyx and ranking up and down, if that makes sense.
Also I have never played a game with any champion.
Does anyone ACTUALLY know how this ranking system works? I though at the beginning of the month, there might be a possibility to grind to a champion spot, but I was very wrong.
I simply am confused and do not understand.
Also, I’ve tried focused, balanced, and expanded all with the same results.
It takes me around 3-5 min to find a game, sometimes 5-10 if it’s late at night.
I just want to know what’s going on. ):
Please, I’m open to input from anybody.

Sorry to bump my own post but really, nobody else experiencing anything similar?

I am too dude. In fact i feek we are in an almost identical sityation :slight_smile: Am playing ffa a lot against diamonds/low onyx and having same problem-onyx 1912 this season from uk (now 1873 due to ridiculous csr drops for defeats in unplayable laggy matches). Never seen a champ except Rippin on second account (tssk) and luck denied me victory against him. Prob is im playing focused mm so that may be a cause-akthough i still match on us servers all the blam time. But yeah csr gains losses are inconsistent. I gain low 5-10 for second, around 10 for a win, but get hammered in 3rd or lower - and 6th can drop me 20 or so points. Also the ranks of my opponents are way out too-they should have been placed much higher.

It is too hard to rank up now- no onyx 2000+opponents means very little chance to rank up and penalties for losing are too severe against even onyx 1750/1800s. I face all but given up Halo now cos there is just no point anymore. Cant get a good server or connected match and i cant get the opponents so i can rank up. With region lock amd actually facing high level opponents i had hoped to get champ like you, but i also am being given no chance by this system. And yes matches take forever to find too-largely because infection has taken most ffa players.

At least i know its not just me fed up with ffa like this!

I’m glad to know I’m not alone…
Is there any explanation whatsoever? Is there anything I’m doing wrong?

> 2533274938546895;4:
> I’m glad to know I’m not alone…
> Is there any explanation whatsoever? Is there anything I’m doing wrong?

I dont think.so dude. I just think.the onyx 2000+ players in general arent playing in the latter part of the month-and are likely now playing infection looking by the streams. Or are in their second accounts by now to protect their champ rank on first accounts, but i may be wrong.

Its even more frustrating as i always qualify each month at plat 6 ish (for no apparent reason at all seeing as i have been onyx every season end) so i lose 20 games every season getting to onyx whereas the champs dont. By the time i get to onyx 1700 like they get at 10 games i have played 50 ish games and they are in champ and not playing so much-it means i am then stuck.at onyx 1800 ish and almost impossible to rank up as only the high diamonds play so much cos they want onyx.

We shouldnt be rank locked cos higher ranks arent playing but i believe effectively we are. This happens every season, so may be part of why i, and probably you, cannot get our ranks up much more. Our higher ranked players we need to beat to rank up have stopped playing as they dont need to rank up. It is a major flaw of the season system. Plus if you dont get to play enough games at the start of the season it seems to hinder you as the champs play most at the season start.

This is all conjecture based on my experience. I havent seen any official answer though. Has anyone else got another explanation?

See, that’s exactly how it feels. I play so many unranked or diamond, hardly any onyx, presumably because the onyx players have either stopped, or are playing something else. And all the Champs stay Champs even as the next season starts.
It’s truly a bummer to know there’s nothing I can do to reach champ, regardless of my wins and it’s also kind of BS that because I’m paired with lower ranks it takes me way longer to move up. It isn’t my fault the ranks are so distorted…

> 2533274938546895;6:
> See, that’s exactly how it feels. I play so many unranked or diamond, hardly any onyx, presumably because the onyx players have either stopped, or are playing something else. And all the Champs stay Champs even as the next season starts.
> It’s truly a bummer to know there’s nothing I can do to reach champ, regardless of my wins and it’s also kind of BS that because I’m paired with lower ranks it takes me way longer to move up. It isn’t my fault the ranks are so distorted…

I hear you dude. Basically feel like there is no point playing anymore. 1 or 2 onyx points a match aint getting me to champion. Getting onyx another season aint gonna be enough. In fact i wish the season system disappeared cos it causes so many problems…