Confusion about the Blind Wolf

I just finished Hunters in the Dark and one think got my attention. The Monitor told Vale the Forerunner Name of the Blind wolf. Nothing special, however through the whole book it seemed like this is the first time humans saw a blind wolf.
In Halo 2 however there where Toys of the animal, which means the humans know of it and it is appearantly famous by kids (Not suprising as those things are basically dinosaurs).
So did Humanity discover the Species beofre or was the Ark the first encounter?

Apparently the blind wolf was intended to be in CE, so I’m assuming humanity encountered them on Installation 04, which would be before the incident on the Ark.

Where are Blind Wolf toys in Halo 2?

> 2533274794312469;3:
> Where are Blind Wolf toys in Halo 2?

There are no physical toys. The toy is only mentioned over the PA system on the map “Terminal”.

A child’s My Pet Blind Wolf stuffed toy has been found. Will the owner please claim it at the lost and found.

> 2533274793749599;4:
> > 2533274794312469;3:
> > Where are Blind Wolf toys in Halo 2?
>
>
> There are no physical toys. The toy is only mentioned over the PA system on the map “Terminal”.
>
> “A child’s My Pet Blind Wolf stuffed toy has been found. Will the owner please claim it at the lost and found.

Ah. That’s why I didn’t know. I knew it wasn’t physically in the game.

> 2533274793749599;4:
> > 2533274794312469;3:
>
>
> There are no physical toys. The toy is only mentioned over the PA system on the map “Terminal”.
>
> “A child’s My Pet Blind Wolf stuffed toy has been found. Will the owner please claim it at the lost and found.

I didn’t realize that! I only remember hearing typical train announcements while playing. I guess the murder was distracting

I didn’t even know they were in 2, guess I’ll just have to go back and play it again.

grabs br time to hunt some more easter eggs…

> 2533274961614682;8:
> grabs br time to hunt some more easter eggs…

That’s really all they were before Hunters in the Dark officially brought them into the canon. Before that it was just fun little nods to a cut bit of content which never made it into the games.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> Apparently the blind wolf was intended to be in CE, so I’m assuming humanity encountered them on Installation 04, which would be before the incident on the Ark.

There’s been no indication that there were Blind Wolves on Installation 04. It’s not impossible, I suppose, but all we know is that they were a bit of gameplay which never made it into the game. No canon mention of them on the Halo ring or humanity encountering them there, or encountering them anywhere else before coming across them on the Ark.

> 2533274793749599;4:
> > 2533274794312469;3:
>
>
>

blind wolf could refer to many different things not just the animal found on the ark. there could be a 26th century kids show with a character called blind wolf

Just looked them up on the wiki…and it’s not even a “wolf”, it’s practically a dinosaur with no eyes (and no arms. How does it even survive? What if it falls over, will it just starve and die?). Talk about misleading name for people who don’t care for most of the EU books!

Also, I wonder why they would have put those in Halo: CE when there were literally no other animals in the entire game? Why just that one? I prefer the ring in Halo: CE, where it feels so devoid of any life at all, reminding you that it’s a 100% artificial world. Animals on Halo would just ruin that feeling, though I know that Halo 2’s ring has birds and fish.