Confusing tidbits in multiplayer

1. Reverse stopping power: when im running and i start getting shot FROM BEHIND i slow down because i get sucked backwards. Id at least like some bogus haloscience excuse to explain how bullets dont push me in my direction faster, but suck me back.

2.Sure sure the dmr and br are balance, but only when standing still at point blank range. the dmr fires single shot semi auto, which means each shot you hit does its full damage and youre done. but the br fires the 3 shot burst, so theres potential for missing even if the reticle is perfectly placed. this makes the br weaker than the dmr. and i can honestly say most my deaths are because my br couldnt in any way compete with the dmr. either weaken the dmr a little bit or make the br more accurate.

1. why arent the playlists organized like in the other halo? whats with all this keep/remove crap?

2. does anybody else have a weird glitchlike thing happen to them where they hit the melee button and instead of punching, the character does some weird limpd**k elbow wave and fail?

You try running at full speed when you’re getting shot.

> 1. Reverse stopping power: when im running and i start getting shot FROM BEHIND i slow down because i get sucked backwards. Id at least like some bogus haloscience excuse to explain how bullets dont push me in my direction faster, but suck me back.
[/quote]
It’s difficult to run when you’re being shot. :
>
>
>
> > 2.Sure sure the dmr and br are balance, but only when standing still at point blank range. the dmr fires single shot semi auto, which means each shot you hit does its full damage and youre done. but the br fires the 3 shot burst, so theres potential for missing even if the reticle is perfectly placed. this makes the br weaker than the dmr. and i can honestly say most my deaths are because my br couldnt in any way compete with the dmr. either weaken the dmr a little bit or make the br more accurate.
>
> Aim for the chest so that more of your BR bullets hit. Go for the head only once your target’s shields are down.
>
> DMR does still have a bit of an advantage, though. Hopefully, another TU will fix it.
>
>
>
> > 3. why arent the playlists organized like in the other halo? whats with all this keep/remove crap?
>
> Given that the gameplay has changed significantly from both the classic trilogy and Reach, 343i is probably experimenting to see what people like most.
>
>
>
> > 4. does anybody else have a weird glitchlike thing happen to them where they hit the melee button and instead of punching, the character does some weird limpd**k elbow wave and fail?
>
> Heard about it. Never had it happen to me.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

i want to punch myself after reading the OP.

nononono its when im running away. obviously i understand stopping power when going sideways or towards the enemy, but away. the character is in a giant suit. i shouldnt be pulled backwards by bullets

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Oh For, you want to punch yourself? please do, -Yoink-.

They had to put it in to balance sprint. Which is why I keep saying if you have to add something to balance something else then why not just remove said item. But, unfortunately this makes to much since.

> They had to put it in to balance sprint. Which is why I keep saying if you have to add something to balance something else then why not just remove said item. But, unfortunately this makes to much since.

Actually your quote makes no since, let alone sense.

According to your logic there wouldn’t be a game at all. A gun effective at long range is balanced by being ineffective at short range.

> 4. does anybody else have a weird glitchlike thing happen to them where they hit the melee button and instead of punching, the character does some weird limpd**k elbow wave and fail?

Happens to me all the time and I get enraged. The reason is that you press sprint while meleeing. They made Sprint have priority so it cancels your punch. Try it for fun in forge or something. It’s ridiculous.

> 1. Reverse stopping power: when im running and i start getting shot FROM BEHIND i slow down because i get sucked backwards. Id at least like some bogus haloscience excuse to explain how bullets dont push me in my direction faster, but suck me back.
>
> 2.Sure sure the dmr and br are balance, but only when standing still at point blank range. the dmr fires single shot semi auto, which means each shot you hit does its full damage and youre done. but the br fires the 3 shot burst, so theres potential for missing even if the reticle is perfectly placed. this makes the br weaker than the dmr. and i can honestly say most my deaths are because my br couldnt in any way compete with the dmr. either weaken the dmr a little bit or make the br more accurate.
>
> 3. why arent the playlists organized like in the other halo? whats with all this keep/remove crap?
>
> 4. does anybody else have a weird glitchlike thing happen to them where they hit the melee button and instead of punching, the character does some weird limpd**k elbow wave and fail?
>
>
[/quote]

1. You’re not being sucked back dude. Your spartan is just slowing down because he’s in -Yoink!- pain. But yeah, it’s a little annoying sometimes.
    >
    > 2. BR shoots pretty straight. It’s really your aim that needs more accuracy. If your reticule is locked on their visor, it’s not very likely you’ll miss bullets. Especially with the auto-aim in here.
    >
    > 3. Can’t argue with that.
    >
    > 4. Hasn’t happened to me, but maybe it’s because I’m using bumper jumper. I laughed when I read this though.

The DMR is straight-up stronger than the BR, killing more quickly (to the OP’s comment that they’re even in a test).

Also, you don’t get pulled backwards. If you get shot in the back, how far, exactly, do you think you’ll be running?

Even an armoured person running away could lose their footing/stumble/whatever. It’s basically gameplay balance though :stuck_out_tongue: