Confirming some issues on Halo 5 with others.

So, I have some issues on Halo 5 both recently and old that I would like to confirm with other players first, and if you guys have some issues that you want to confirm with others just post them below. This may also sound like a rant at parts.

First, as of about 12 am PST today I have noticed that I am losing connection with the Halo 5 servers while playing Warzone Firefight, specifically Legendary, but after I get disconnected the Warzone menu has no game types on it and it is frozen. Also, I get no error such as “Disconnected from the local network.” just a frozen menu, and minutes before I get disconnected my game will freeze for a second.

Second, the Prometheans, specifically the Soldiers and Crawlers, are way too overpowered both in Warzone/Firefight and Campaign. What I mean is the sniper-like range, accuracy, and tracking on their Light-Rifles and Boltshots, and the unnaturally high awareness of players locations on higher elevations such as the Armories’ second floor or behind cover when they get near. Also. combine that with the fact that they spawn in ridiculous numbers at a time with higher level Knights and/or Phaetons.

Third, the matchmaking system and how occasionally, despite what preference is selected, one team will be far more skilled and powerful than the other team whether you were on the powerful team or the weak team. Also, does anyone else think that Fireteams should only play against other Fireteams rather than against a whole team or majority of Solo-queueing players?

Fourth, occasionally spawning seconds before a large group of enemies spawn such as Prometheans warping in seconds or at the moment you spawn during a round.

Fifth, when a boss spawns in non-Firefight game modes and one team does all the damage just for the enemy team to put in the last shot quite literally and get the points usually resulting in an instant victory for them. When it should be based on who does the most damage and whether or not there are any remaining members of said team in the area to claim the points. This so that teams simply don’t take out more than 50% of the boss’ health and leave knowing that they are guaranteed to get the points because they did the most damage.

So, has anyone else noticed similar issues and/or share the same opinion on those enemies, or would like to contribute to issues that I have not listed?

Server/connection issues are a known thing. I understand it’s being looked into, but I think that’s been the state of affairs for quite a while now. No idea whether there’s been any improvement over time. I’ve experienced them myself almost never. So there’s that.

Second: Everything is overpowered in this game. This game hates casual players. This game hates average players. This game, I would say, even hates slightly above-average players. Halo 5 hates anyone who doesn’t want to sweat profusely. I’m no more happier about it than you are, but there it is.

Third: The matchmaking system in this game is flawed, but no more so than any previous Halo that I can recall. It does the best it can with a super-sweaty game, a gigantic skill-gap, and a population that is not as big as it needs to be for optimal matchmaking to occur. Fireteam vs. fireteam restrictions would mean that full teams would wait for hours… for days just to get a match. Probably not gonna happen. They talked about introducing a skill handicap for the full teams, but I never heard whether or not they intend to move forward with the idea.

Fourth: This is a problem. They need selectable spawning, like they already have in some game types, or bro-spawning like Reach had with Bro Slayer.

Fifth: Sorry, but I have to hang you out to dry on this one. Last shot gets the kill. This is how Halo works. This is how Halo has always worked. There’s no “A” for effort. You seal the deal or you don’t. End of story. Now if you want more bosses of lower point value then that would be fine. But kill-stealing isn’t going away any time soon just because it hurts our feelings. In life sometimes you put in the work and somebody else reaps the reward. Think of Halo as a metaphor for life.

The gripe I would like to add to the list: It would require twenty minutes of coding to allow people to play Warzone Firefight without teammates and without a timer. 343: make that happen.

> 2533274873843883;2:
> Server/connection issues are a known thing. I understand it’s being looked into, but I think that’s been the state of affairs for quite a while now. No idea whether there’s been any improvement over time. I’ve experienced them myself almost never. So there’s that.
>
> Second: Everything is overpowered in this game. This game hates casual players. This game hates average players. This game, I would say, even hates slightly above-average players. Halo 5 hates anyone who doesn’t want to sweat profusely. I’m no more happier about it than you are, but there it is.
>
> Third: The matchmaking system in this game is flawed, but no more so than any previous Halo that I can recall. It does the best it can with a super-sweaty game, a gigantic skill-gap, and a population that is not as big as it needs to be for optimal matchmaking to occur. Fireteam vs. fireteam restrictions would mean that full teams would wait for hours… for days just to get a match. Probably not gonna happen. They talked about introducing a skill handicap for the full teams, but I never heard whether or not they intend to move forward with the idea.
>
> Fourth: This is a problem. They need selectable spawning, like they already have in some game types, or bro-spawning like Reach had with Bro Slayer.
>
> Fifth: Sorry, but I have to hang you out to dry on this one. Last shot gets the kill. This is how Halo works. This is how Halo has always worked. There’s no “A” for effort. You seal the deal or you don’t. End of story. Now if you want more bosses of lower point value then that would be fine. But kill-stealing isn’t going away any time soon just because it hurts our feelings. In life sometimes you put in the work and somebody else reaps the reward. Think of Halo as a metaphor for life.
>
> The gripe I would like to add to the list: It would require twenty minutes of coding to allow people to play Warzone Firefight without teammates and without a timer. 343: make that happen.

See I wish there were more people like you who actually give great and reasonable answers that make sense and logically counter rant like mine.

Second: If you need practice with this, play Delta Halo and Regret on Halo 2 on legendary - the Jackel snipers are near impossible!

Something​ I forgot to mention was the Betrayal booting in Grifball and how it should be removed or modified and does anyone else notice that the Gravity Hammer in Grifball behaves differently like it has a larger area of effect or is it just me.

> 2533274932880533;1:
> So, I have some issues on Halo 5 both recently and old that I would like to confirm with other players first, and if you guys have some issues that you want to confirm with others just post them below. This may also sound like a rant at parts.
>
> First, as of about 12 am PST today I have noticed that I am losing connection with the Halo 5 servers while playing Warzone Firefight, specifically Legendary, but after I get disconnected the Warzone menu has no game types on it and it is frozen. Also, I get no error such as “Disconnected from the local network.” just a frozen menu, and minutes before I get disconnected my game will freeze for a second.
>
> Second, the Prometheans, specifically the Soldiers and Crawlers, are way too overpowered both in Warzone/Firefight and Campaign. What I mean is the sniper-like range, accuracy, and tracking on their Light-Rifles and Boltshots, and the unnaturally high awareness of players locations on higher elevations such as the Armories’ second floor or behind cover when they get near. Also. combine that with the fact that they spawn in ridiculous numbers at a time with higher level Knights and/or Phaetons.
>
> Third, the matchmaking system and how occasionally, despite what preference is selected, one team will be far more skilled and powerful than the other team whether you were on the powerful team or the weak team. Also, does anyone else think that Fireteams should only play against other Fireteams rather than against a whole team or majority of Solo-queueing players?
>
> Fourth, occasionally spawning seconds before a large group of enemies spawn such as Prometheans warping in seconds or at the moment you spawn during a round.
>
> Fifth, when a boss spawns in non-Firefight game modes and one team does all the damage just for the enemy team to put in the last shot quite literally and get the points usually resulting in an instant victory for them. When it should be based on who does the most damage and whether or not there are any remaining members of said team in the area to claim the points. This so that teams simply don’t take out more than 50% of the boss’ health and leave knowing that they are guaranteed to get the points because they did the most damage.
>
> So, has anyone else noticed similar issues and/or share the same opinion on those enemies, or would like to contribute to issues that I have not listed?

not a glitch just bad game design

> 2533274932880533;5:
> Something​ I forgot to mention was the Betrayal booting in Grifball and how it should be removed or modified and does anyone else notice that the Gravity Hammer in Grifball behaves differently like it has a larger area of effect or is it just me.

yeah another instance of bad game design

> 2533274884447055;4:
> Second: If you need practice with this, play Delta Halo and Regret on Halo 2 on legendary - the Jackel snipers are near impossible!

lol that’s always been like that h2 on legendary is the hardest halo game