Confirmed Facts about Instant respawning.

So, it looks like people are becoming worried about the whole “teabagging vs. Instant respawns” again. So I thought I’d share some facts about the subject that some of you might have missed. If you aren’t one of those troubled but this conflict, that’s okay…this is still some good information.

NOTE: This is NOT a thread supporting or downing Teabagging! Whether you think teabagging is childish, rewarding, immature or totally deserving it doesn’t matter, because that is not what this thread is about. It’s about how teabagging will truly be affected by instant spawns.

Here are a few Facts about instant respawning you might not know about.

1. Instant respawns are a choice.
This mean if you want to catch a breather before returning to the game you can.

2. Instant respawns are for Slayer matches only (NOT Objective).
That’s right. At least in this stage of development Slayer is the only playlist that is planned to have istant respawns

3. While dead, one can change AND customize their loadouts.
Yup. Much like Halo Reach, when dead you can choose which loadout you want to use for you next life. Not only has that been confirmed but you can also customize your loadouts while dead. (Say all your loadouts had the DMR in them and you realize you suck with the DMR, well upon the arrival of your death you can change it the BR).

So what does this mean? Well for most game types teabagging will still be there and be the same. But in most situations for Slayer the dead won’t see the -Yoink!- unless they are customizing their loadouts -In which case their background screen would just be bobbing up and down due to the continuous teabagging.

Thanks,

Ps. I found all this information in Sparkcast 12. If you want specific times to when each statement was said just ask, I have them all marked.

I’m fine with the current system because I knew that -Yoink!- can still be seen in most of the playlists I play.

I just need to make sure the player I humiliate gets pissed off.

I listened to the same sparcast.

I know i was thinking “wtf” half of the time.

we both know for example that even though it is a choice, 90% of people will just tap X furiously to get back at the guy who killed them. And getting to him will be easy with sprint. Sad part is that that’s actually encouraged in slayer, as all you need to do is get kills.

So now if you completely own two guys on one side of the map and take ten steps to where they spawn, you have two guys sprinting towards you before your chield can recharge. Great.

Bye-bye sanctuary style map control…

The only place where it would fit in would be in FFA slayer.

> I listened to the same sparcast.
>
> I know i was thinking “wtf” half of the time.
>
> we both know for example that even though it is a choice, 90% of people will just tap X furiously to get back at the guy who killed them. And getting to him will be easy with sprint. Sad part is that that’s actually encouraged in slayer, as all you need to do is get kills.
>
> So now if you completely own two guys on one side of the map and take ten steps to where they spawn, you have two guys sprinting towards you before your chield can recharge. Great.
>
> Bye-bye sanctuary style map control…
>
> The only place where it would fit in would be in FFA slayer.

Yeah, pretty much this.

It just shows how little 343 understands the higher level halo gameplay. Good players are going to be so hesitant to make a move for anything in Slayer now because of their fear of getting spawned on.

For example, in doubles, on Guardian when one team has sniper tower control and you manage to kill one player, those 5 or so seconds are crucial, absolutely crucial to being able to push for sniper control.

Instant respawn will be an absolute nuisance.

> > I listened to the same sparcast.
> >
> > I know i was thinking “wtf” half of the time.
> >
> > we both know for example that even though it is a choice, 90% of people will just tap X furiously to get back at the guy who killed them. And getting to him will be easy with sprint. Sad part is that that’s actually encouraged in slayer, as all you need to do is get kills.
> >
> > So now if you completely own two guys on one side of the map and take ten steps to where they spawn, you have two guys sprinting towards you before your chield can recharge. Great.
> >
> > Bye-bye sanctuary style map control…
> >
<strong>> > The only place where it would fit in would be in FFA slayer.</strong>
>
> Yeah, pretty much this.
>
> It just shows how little 343 understands the higher level halo gameplay. Good players are going to be so hesitant to make a move for anything in Slayer now because of their fear of getting spawned on.
>
<strong>> For example, in doubles, on Guardian when one team has sniper tower control and you manage to kill one player, those 5 or so seconds are crucial, absolutely crucial to being able to push for sniper control.</strong>
>
> Instant respawn will be an absolute nuisance.
You Sir are 100% correct

> > > I listened to the same sparcast.
> > >
> > > I know i was thinking “wtf” half of the time.
> > >
> > > we both know for example that even though it is a choice, 90% of people will just tap X furiously to get back at the guy who killed them. And getting to him will be easy with sprint. Sad part is that that’s actually encouraged in slayer, as all you need to do is get kills.
> > >
> > > So now if you completely own two guys on one side of the map and take ten steps to where they spawn, you have two guys sprinting towards you before your chield can recharge. Great.
> > >
> > > Bye-bye sanctuary style map control…
> > >
> > > The only place where it would fit in would be in FFA slayer.
> >
> > Yeah, pretty much this.
> >
> > It just shows how little 343 understands the higher level halo gameplay. Good players are going to be so hesitant to make a move for anything in Slayer now because of their fear of getting spawned on.
> >
> > For example, in doubles, on Guardian when one team has sniper tower control and you manage to kill one player, those 5 or so seconds are crucial, absolutely crucial to being able to push for sniper control.
> >
> > Instant respawn will be an absolute nuisance.
>
>
>
>
> You Sir are 100% correct

All you people are thinking about Halo 4 in a Halo-mindset. Don’t, because this is Scream of Halo: Sci-Fi Warfare! Completely different games. Plus, you can use the regen perk so your shields regenerate faster if you’re getting spawned on!

> > > > I listened to the same sparcast.
> > > >
> > > > I know i was thinking “wtf” half of the time.
> > > >
> > > > we both know for example that even though it is a choice, 90% of people will just tap X furiously to get back at the guy who killed them. And getting to him will be easy with sprint. Sad part is that that’s actually encouraged in slayer, as all you need to do is get kills.
> > > >
> > > > So now if you completely own two guys on one side of the map and take ten steps to where they spawn, you have two guys sprinting towards you before your chield can recharge. Great.
> > > >
> > > > Bye-bye sanctuary style map control…
> > > >
> > > > The only place where it would fit in would be in FFA slayer.
> > >
> > > Yeah, pretty much this.
> > >
> > > It just shows how little 343 understands the higher level halo gameplay. Good players are going to be so hesitant to make a move for anything in Slayer now because of their fear of getting spawned on.
> > >
> > > For example, in doubles, on Guardian when one team has sniper tower control and you manage to kill one player, those 5 or so seconds are crucial, absolutely crucial to being able to push for sniper control.
> > >
> > > Instant respawn will be an absolute nuisance.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > You Sir are 100% correct
>
> All you people are thinking about Halo 4 in a Halo-mindset. Don’t, because this is Scream of Halo: Sci-Fi Warfare! Completely different games. Plus, you can use the regen perk so your shields regenerate faster if you’re getting spawned on!

Yeah, how dare we think of Halo 4 with a Halo mindset. Who do we think we are wanting the game to play like the previous Halo’s!

Hm. I’m not so sure how I feel about this instant-respawning business. I could see it fitting FFA, but that’s really it. Map control will be much more tedious to gain with the implementation of instant-respawning. Seconds are pivotal.

Yeah I only see it working in / FFA / zombies maybe griffball and a few others but as for Competitive game play it will never work …

I don’t even want it in social slayer I don’t really see how it will make maybe 343i found a way .

What is the longest you can go before respawning? I hope it’s not too long as I see people who are having a bad game spending most of their time on the respawn screen to avoid excess deaths.

>
>
> we both know for example that even though it is a choice, 90% of people will just tap X furiously to get back at the guy who killed them. And getting to him will be easy with sprint. Sad part is that that’s actually encouraged in slayer, as all you need to do is get kills.
>
> So now if you completely own two guys on one side of the map and take ten steps to where they spawn, you have two guys sprinting towards you before your chield can recharge. Great.
>
>

This. The very first time that a person hits “x” to respawn instantly and kills someone before their shields can recharge is the moment everyone will realize this mechanic is broken in team games.

well if it’s confirmed that you could customize load outs during your death time, that is awesome!

> Hm. I’m not so sure how I feel about this instant-respawning business. I could see it fitting FFA, but that’s really it. Map control will be much more tedious to gain with the implementation of instant-respawning. Seconds are pivotal.

Who know’s just like Halo 3 and Halo Reach I’m sure we’ll see different types of options added and taken away from different playlist.

Halo 4 may ship with instant spawns but if it really does mess up game play and balance that much then I’m sure 343i will do something about it.

> well if it’s confirmed that you could customize load outs during your death time, that is awesome!

It is dude!!

They talk about it between 9:24 and 9:35 in Sparkcast 12.

> I’m fine with the current system because I knew that -Yoink!- can still be seen in most of the playlists I play.
>
> I just need to make sure the player I humiliate gets pissed off.

I’m sure this is one of many reasons why poeple switch to cod.

Of course not every one but for some.

How are you supposed to gain map control in Slayer now if the enemy spawns the instant you kill them?

> It just shows how little 343 understands the higher level halo gameplay.

Not so much, really, as it goes to show that they don’t care about supporting high level gameplay in casual gametypes.

I think the game will have the potential to be quite good competitively.

> How are you supposed to gain map control in Slayer now if the enemy spawns the instant you kill them?

A really big gun!

>
>
>
>
>

Chances are your shield will recover before they find you again. Unless you’re a clown and like camping.

Better not be in Classic. Team Slayer is my favorite playlist and I want at least a 3 seconds respawn. It is really impossible to gain map control if the enemy spawns at the instant you kill them.